Indi & Romeo - No Chemistry

Guest Snapp

I always liked both characters, Romeo was always a bit wet but he was likeable however since they got together & subsequently married they've become incredibly bland. I don't see any chemistry between the two and I find it really hard to believe that these two characters would rush into marriage, Indi especially.

In fact the whole Hawaii thing was rather odd & pointless. Sid rushing all the way out there to stop the wedding only to give into the idea 2 minutes after arriving.

I disgree. I really like Indi and Romeo together. There is real atmosphere of care, support and stability about them which is so different to the making up, breaking up merry go round of the other couples. I don't find that boring at all. To me it's far more satisfying than the seeing couples crawling all over one another in a "passion" that at times can seem forced and artificial. There is more to Indi and Romeo than just physical attraction although I see plenty of that.

I congratulate the writers on being prepared to write a young couple who have married early, encountered the inevitable struggles and trials but are prepared to work through them.

I have to agree with both of the posts. Indi and Romeo aren't like Chax, their chemistry is not so obvious to everybody but I think it's good right where it is. I have to argee with john003au, there is this atmosphere around them and when they got together they had such great chemistry that I think got lost a bit. I also have to agree with Snapp, I found the whole Hawaii-thing a bit boring too because there were such great weddings in Home and Away and the Sid-rushing-to-Hawaii-thing wasn't so exciting either. The Sid/Roo relationship is another case but the Hawaii-storyline was written well, but a bit boring.

I've never been a fan of either Indi or Romeo, but have started to like Romeo more since his marriage and I find them, like John and Gina, one of the real couples on the show. I'm sick of the on-off-on-off-never ending breakups of other couples (Ruby/Casey and the worst offender of all, Chax) and prefer to see the more stable relationships; it reminds me more of the show of old. Chax may have more chemistry, but theirs is largely based on sex, lies, deceit and weakness; it's a totally obsessive and unhealthy relationship and the immature, pathetic mess they've made of Charlie actually turns me off them completely and I just get a feeling of complete shallowness from their pairing (the hot cop with the hot criminal), while I find Romeo and Indi more of a realistic match. I like the way that they have worked through the problems that come up with maturity (with the odd exception) and they genuinely care and support each other; that's what a real relationship is about - trust, honesty, support, love and working together, something that other couples have never had, no matter how more exciting those couples may be.

I was wary of this when I first heard they were getting married, but I think it's been a good decision; it's just nice to see a mature, caring relationship, there's been so few lately. I did find the whole Hawaii thing a bit boring and the arrival and about face of Sid kind of stupid; I'd have prefered it that they got married and Sid didn't find out until they got back home.

I'm no fan of Indi or Romeo but their storyline - a young couple rushing into marriage and not finding it all plain sailing - interests me infinitely more than the usual school teen relationship (Dex/April, Ruby/Casey) or a cop sleeping with a criminal (Charlie/Brax).

I actually don't mind Indy and Romeo together. Although it's been done to death it's still interesting to see how the young married couple can cope with life dealing with the pitfalls. I have to agree with the person who started this thread. I feel there is very little chemistry between them. I hate to say this but as much as Romeo and Ruby annoyed me intensely during the whole Indy/Romeo/Ruby love triangle (Ruby especially) there was one scene where Romeo apologised to Ruby and I thought they had more chemistry in those few seconds than Indy and Romeo have ever had. lozlovesh&a makes a very good point. Who in their right mind would have gotten married so quickly after your partner did the dirty on you? As I think I said in the UK discussion thread in that case it just goes to show that cheaters prosper! :P

When Indi came back last year, I actually thought she and Romeo had good chemistry and would make a great pair.The long drawn out courtship, during most of which Romeo behaved like a twerp, put me off them a bit, as did some of Indi's neurotic paranoia after they got together, but I basically thought the chemistry and the potential were there.But I agree with lozlovesh&a and Slade:At the beginning of the year, they were presented as a couple who'd run their course and who would have broken up even without Ruby getting involved.And Romeo did have much more chemistry with Ruby, whatever the ethics of the situation.But then Indi suddenly seemed to develop amnesia and start insisting Romeo was a great guy who hadn't done anything wrong and just as I was shaking my head and wondering how she could take him back, she married him.

But I do prefer them to Charlie and Brax, two people who don't have a hope of having a workable relationship and hopefully the writers know that and won't be swayed by their inexplicable popularity.Ruby and Casey I think are basically good for each other but probably will outgrow each other eventually.April and Dexter...trying not to sound like a bitter Xapril fan again but they were better off as friends rather than trying to turn it into a relationship.

I kind of agree about Sid's abrupt change of heart:I think the idea was he was meant to have realised he couldn't change Indi's mind and so chose to support her rather than alienate her further but it didn't come across well and he had about thirty seconds to make a U turn.I hope the marriage doesn't work out because I think it was the wrong decision but I am pleased with the way it's been handled so far.I was worried that they'd end up getting married and still living at home and, while that's basically happened, unlike other such young marriages(Kane/Kirsty, Robbie/Tasha), it is being presented as a less than ideal set-up.They got carried away by the romance of it all and have ended up in the middle of something serious that they weren't ready for, emotionally or practically. We've seen Indi's near breakdown at the upheaval in her life and Romeo's frustration at his inability to behave like a married man and being left as a guest of his wife's family.I wouldn't describe either of them as mature-Romeo comes across as a child trying to be an adult, Indi doesn't even seem to try-but that's kind of the crux of the drama.I'd rather see a young couple struggling with relatable, real life issues of the kind that are likely to affect people in their position than another round of "My boyfriend's a drug dealing criminal, should I stay with him?" drama.

Sometimes I really fail to understand the term chemistry really , we seem to be watching different shows. i find lndi and Romeo a good working relationship with meaning just because they are not giving each the let's kiss and make out eyes doesn't mean they have no chemistry its called growing up. Anyways we can't all be pleased

Archived