Why does C5 only show old episodes from 2000 onwards?

Guest Light of the Bay

Is it because they are legally only able to show them from that poitn onwards? I mean i thought when Channel 5 won the rightd from ITV that meant they could show episodes from the 80's/90's? I would love to see old classic episodes again and channel 5 needs to show them! By the way i am new here and this is my first thread so Hi :wink:

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Channel 5 only started buying the show from the year 2000 onwards, so obviously these are the only episodes they have. All previous episodes remained in ITV's ownership.

If you want to watch classic episodes well the whole of the 1988 and 1989 seasons are on YouTube.

I tell this story quite a few times but...When Channel 5 started repeating all the late 2000 episodes and confusingly billed them as "Home and Away:The Early Years", I wrote to them about it and they said the rights to earlier episodes weren't available.I then wrote to ITV asking if they could repeat them and they said they didn't have the rights anymore.So I wrote back to Channel 5 who said the rights would have reverted to the Australian owner and they had no plans to acquire them.

So basically Channel 5 cannot be bothered to cough up the money to aquire the rights to Early episodes?..

Probably not. Or may be they don't have that much money. I mean the only reason why I watch C5 is for Home & Away or Neighbours. Them are the only two good shows they put on.

Archived