The Character/Actor age thing

Guest maciam

I never really cared to be honest, just seemed really minor thing and I never really noticed unless it's pointed out to me (Romeo doesn't look 14 but I think he was like 17 when he arrived so I didn't notice it that much. If you want to talk about age look at Smallville. Now Chloe and Lana's actressess could play a 14/15 year old girl but seriously, Tom as Clark? I like him and all but if you count the seasons of Smallville that had high school was like 4 years, so I assume when the show started Clark was 14/15.. He looks nothing like a fourteen year old boy, how old was he when the show started?)

I agree though Rebecca does look like she could fit a 16 year old girl. Actually I am 23 myself, a year younger then Rebecca and many people have mistaken me for a fifteen year old boy, (I am not buff like Romeo, I am like.. Hm Dexter). I don't know how old Xavier and Dexter's actors are though but the two do look like they can fit in a high school, same with Indi.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome.

The practice of rapidly aging characters dates back to the early years of television soap opera.[9] In As the World Turns, Tom Hughes was born on screen in 1961. By 1970 he had been to college and fought in the Vietnam War.[

:lol::lol:

Thanks Ryan :rolleyes:

I never really cared to be honest, just seemed really minor thing and I never really noticed unless it's pointed out to me (Romeo doesn't look 14 but I think he was like 17 when he arrived so I didn't notice it that much. If you want to talk about age look at Smallville. Now Chloe and Lana's actressess could play a 14/15 year old girl but seriously, Tom as Clark? I like him and all but if you count the seasons of Smallville that had high school was like 4 years, so I assume when the show started Clark was 14/15.. He looks nothing like a fourteen year old boy, how old was he when the show started?)

I agree though Rebecca does look like she could fit a 16 year old girl. Actually I am 23 myself, a year younger then Rebecca and many people have mistaken me for a fifteen year old boy, (I am not buff like Romeo, I am like.. Hm Dexter). I don't know how old Xavier and Dexter's actors are though but the two do look like they can fit in a high school, same with Indi.

Yeah, Tom as Clark wasn't the best thing ever.. he's somewhere in his 30's. Didn't even buy it when the show started.

Rebecca suits to play a teen though as you point out.

Whem Rocco came to SummerBay i thought Ian was to old to play a teen too. He was around 30 too.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, Tom as Clark wasn't the best thing ever.. he's somewhere in his 30's. Didn't even buy it when the show started.

Rebecca suits to play a teen though as you point out.

Whem Rocco came to SummerBay i thought Ian was to old to play a teen too. He was around 30 too.

Agreed, Rocco definately looked like a 30 year old man in a school uniform...weird. The strangest thing is, I think the actor was only in his mid-twenties or something like that, so looked even older then he actually was in real life xD

• 10 months later...

I don't really mind older actors playing young characters. Summer Bay High is a big part of the show that ties a lot of the characters together, and if the actors were all under-18 it would remove a big part of the cast from the "fanciable" age range. It might not be hugely realistic, but I see H&A as a bit of a dream world anyway and I'd quite like to have gone to a high school where my fellow students had bodies like Romeo.

• 3 weeks later...

For those who are saying they not really botherd should not complain when those actors get removed from the show, as this is one downside to older actors playing.

If the actor starts showing his age then he has to be axed.

My Family (a show in UK) one actor was removed from show after so many seasons (2/3) because he was showing his age, a 30 year old playing a 18 year old - something like that.

You can see and accept the reasons for this but there has to be a limit. At least they not confuse people in the way baywatch did. (Brandon was 12 playing a 13 year old Hobie, in season 2 Jeremy was 10 playing a 10 year olf Hobie)

For those who are saying they not really botherd should not complain when those actors get removed from the show, as this is one downside to older actors playing.

If the actor starts showing his age then he has to be axed.

I'm not aware of this ever happening before in Home and Away. It's more likely that the older (20 somethings) want to move on to 'bigger' things like Hollywood and this is the reason they all leave after 2-3 years.

Was watching the local news here and Lisa Gormley (Biana Scott) was in Yeppoon for some sports thingo.

Apparently she is only 27 yrs old. I always thought she was in her early 30's.

It's crazy that she's the same age as Luke Mitchell! S'pose it's all part of the job.

Archived