Family Matters

Guest HighwayUnicorn

"Seriously... yoiu two still do it?'

That made me crack up ^_^ so funny.... best chapter yet... seriousness, and funny all in one.... was an amazing chapter Carina :D

Loved Jaydens and Danielle's iconic talk and then Belle and Aden speaking about the same thing... the fluff was just :wub: =]

Brilliant... loved it, amazing... well done.... update.... soon!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER NINETEEN

It had since been a week after Jayden had told Aden and Belle that he was failing his science classes, yet they had both been surprisingly calm and reassuring, as well as supportive. Aden had agreed to tutor Jayden himself, having studied it in order to pass his degree in becoming a doctor.

“Mum” Danielle called up the stairs, summoning her mum to breakfast, a usual occurrence on a Saturday morning.

“Just coming sweetheart” Belle yelled back as she instantly looked at the result on the stick she held in front of her. A slight whimper escaped her lips, followed quickly by a smile as she contemplated the idea of another baby, yet feared Aden’s reaction.

She wrapped it inside some tissue paper, throwing it into the bin beside her before heading downstairs to the kitchen.

“You okay honey?” Aden asked as Belle nodded. “You look a bit ... peaky?” he spoke softly as Justin turned around slowly.

“Shocked” he added.

“No, I’m just more tired than anything” she smiled, brushing off her husband and brother in law’s comments. “What’s for breakfast?” she asked as she sat down.

“Pancakes” Jayden announced as he headed from the kitchen side and towards the table, placing the plate which had pancakes layered one on top of the other onto the centre of the table as the family started tucking into them.

“Livvie, babes, come on” Belle murmured gently as she looked at her daughter in the high chair. “Use your fork” she whispered softly, handing the little girl the plastic fork so as she could eat her pancakes properly, Jayden having already cut it into small squares before serving.

“What are you doing today daddy?” Lilly lisped sweetly.

“Me and your Uncle J are going into town babes ... if that’s okay with you?” he asked Belle, looking at his wife with a questioning expression.

Belle nodded. “Yeah sure. Looking for anything in particular?” she asked him as he shook his head.

“Lilly can come with me if she wants, you don’t mind do you J?” Aden asked his brother who shook his head.

“Of course not, the more the merrier. Tyler, are you up for it?” he asked as Tyler nodded.

“Yes please” he murmured, his mouth still full of pancakes as he spoke excitedly.

“I’ll take Livvie today too, if you want?” Aden added. Do you two want to come with us? Jayden? Danni? “ he asked.

Both within sync, Danielle and Jayden shook their heads.

“Nah, we’re staying at home. Mum mentioned yesterday that she needed to go out to the supermarket ...”

“Jayden, honey, don’t feel as though you can’t go with your dad ... I’m not shopping until later this evening. That way, it’s not so busy” she murmured as Jayden nodded.

“Okay, but I still don’t fancy going” he admitted as Belle nodded.

“Danni?” Justin asked.

“Nah, I have loads of homework to get on with. But I will take you up on that offer another day” she smiled.

“Which basically” Justin smiled, “means that I’ll have to give you my wallet when we do go out?” he laughed as Danielle smiled.

“Absolutely” Aden agreed. “When Danielle first started crawling, she actually used to chew my wallet when I left it around. It was her way of saying that she wanted money. I suppose I should have understood that there and then.”

“I’m not that bad though” Belle smiled.

Aden raised an eyebrow.

“What?” she spoke loudly. “I’m not.”

“Alright, I’ll give you that one. You don’t beg for anything actually ... only the shopping money, petrol money, that kind of stuff” he smiled.

“Exactly” Belle murmured with a smile. “Go on then” she spoke after a few moments of silence as she observed that everyone had finished their breakfast. “You can all go off and do what you want. I’ll clear this lot up” she told them.

“Sure?” Aden asked as he stood up and headed around the table, leaning down and pressing a kiss to his wife’s lips.

“Sure” she smiled. “You lot go and have fun. I love you” she whispered.

“I love you too” Aden murmured, before pressing his lips against hers once again, suddenly interrupted when a loud cough emitted from Justin.

As he turned to look at his brother, Justin tapped his watch and raised an eyebrow, before smiling. “We haven’t got all day, mate” he laughed as Aden headed towards him and gave him a loving slap on the back, before they placed Olivia in her pram and exited the house with her, Tyler and Lilly.

“Rach,” Belle began as she entered the hospital as it approached 3pm, and she saw the female doctor by the reception desk, having made an appointment with her doctor.

“Belle. Hey, sweetie. Come here” she guided her through to a private room, Belle entering and seating herself on the bed, her legs swinging over the side of it, as Rachel closed the door and headed towards Belle, standing in front of her before acknowledging her as a patient. “What can I do for you?” she asked gently.

“I ... erm” Belle began, stuttering. “I ... wow, this is hard” she murmured, adding a slight smile.

Taking a seat beside her, Rachel took Belle’s hand in her own to provide her with some encouragement. “Talk to me as a friend, rather than a doctor, okay?” she told her calmly in an attempt to ease her nerves.

Belle nodded before speaking again. “I er, this morning ... I took ... took a test ... I ... God, Rach, I’m ...I’m pregnant” she cried, her head resting in her hands. “What am I going to do?” she practically begged for advice.

“Have you told Aden?” she asked, raising an eyebrow as Belle shook her head.

“No. I didn’t really get time to talk to him alone this morning ... God, Rach. He dreaded that this could happen ...”

“Have you been using protection?” she asked.

Belle shook her head. “No. I ... wow, he is really gonna hate me. He ...”

“Belle, Aden could never hate you. Everyone in Summer Bay knows that” she smiled. “But please don’t tell me what I think has happened ...”

Belle nodded. “He thinks I’ve been taking the pill ... we don’t use condoms that often ... we didn’t the past couple of times” she admitted, blushing slightly. “But I’ve lied to him, Rach and he won’t want this baby because he knows the implications ...”

“Sweetheart, what I don’t understand is why on earth you would get pregnant, knowing that it could kill you. Why?” she asked, desperate to know.

Belle shrugged. “I want more of his children, Rach. I love him and I love that we can make something ... someone so amazing, so beautiful ... so perfect. You know that feeling Rach, when you had Harry ... I just ... I don’t know.”

“You need to tell him.”

Belle shook her head. “I can’t, you know I can’t. I know exactly what he’d make me do and I can’t go through with that.”

“Abortion?” Rachel asked.

Belle nodded.

“Okay, so put yourself in his position. If you knew that something could kill him, would you do everything in your power to stop it?” she asked as Belle nodded instantly.

“Of course I would.”

“Then you know how he must feel. Terrified for your safety, Belle.”

There was a moments’ pause between them before Belle spoke again. “I can’t abort it” she whimpered. “If this were a different situation, then I would. If it were a result of rape, I wouldn’t have to think about it twice ... I know that sounds cruel but ... this is Aden’s baby” she murmured, gesturing to her stomach. I can’t get rid of it.”

“I understand that Belle. But this is something you really need to discuss with him. He needs to know that your life is in danger. Because he can help you as much as he can at home. He’ll do everything he can to make sure you’re okay.”

“But you won’t tell him?”

Rachel shook her head. “No, I won’t tell him, that’s not my right. But I can’t be held responsible if he looks through your notes, Belle.”

“He wouldn’t?” Belle asked, her head shooting up until she vaguely remembered that it wouldn’t have been the first time she lied to him about a pregnancy, having kept it a secret from him.

“He might. If you behave strangely. It wouldn’t surprise me” she added. “It wouldn’t be the first time, would it ... and if he’s worried about you ... I can’t guarantee he won’t find out Belle.”

“Danni, can you get the door please?” Jayden suddenly called as he shouted up the stairs to his sister.

“Lost the use of your legs have you?” Danielle asked as she opened the door. “Mum, hey” she answered the door, greeting her mum positively. Belle nodded, acknowledging her daughter. “Dad’s home, he’s upstairs” she murmured. “Mum, are you alright?” she asked, as Belle took a seat on the sofa sheepishly.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Within moments, another knock went at the door.

“I’ll get it” Danielle murmured, as she looked at her mum, who sat on the sofa, her face pale and tears staining her face.

As Belle sat on the sofa, she looked over at the door confusedly as her daughter opened it.

The person that she opened the door to was the person she didn’t expect to see, nor wanted to see either.

“No” she whimpered as she stood up.

Within an instant, Danielle realised who it was, the man in front of her had caused her mum so much pain.

“Get out!” Belle tried to tell him firmly, yelling at him as she stood up from her spot within an instant, stumbling towards the front door. Her heart was beating ten times too fast and she began to feel sick, seeing Angelo standing directly in front of her daughter.

Hearing the commotion from upstairs, Aden, Justin and Jayden appeared, running down the stairs. Upon reaching the bottom stair, within an instant, Justin headed towards the door and pulled Danielle away from the door gently.

The next events were a blur to Belle as she began to feel light headed and faint. She couldn’t remember how everyone else had got here to see what was going on or who was comforting her.

Danielle was no standing next to Belle, who was crying herself as Justin had pushed Angelo against the wall outside, Jayden restraining Aden from attacking Angelo himself, regardless of Jayden wishing it was him who was interrogating the man Justin was.

Danielle suddenly let out a cry as Belle collapsed to the ground, her legs buckling beneath her. “Mum!” she cried.

Within an instant, Justin was pushed aside by Angelo, who took his opportunity to run, as Danielle emitted the scream. The three of them, Aden, Justin and Jayden raced inside the house, now more concerned about Belle.

They would deal with Angelo later.

Oh yayy you updated! I love reading your chapters. It gives me inspiration for my own :)

Angelo... I sense more tension and trouble.

Uh oh... Bellle's pregnant. She really needs to tell Aden.

Jayden restraining Aden from attacking Angelo himself, regardless of Jayden wishing it was him who was interrogating the man Justin was.

I loved this line. I could see it playing out in my head.

I hope you update soon x

Wow wow wow! Amazing chapter, I absolutely loved it :D Poor Belle, this is a really difficult situation to be in and you're highlighting a really controversial issue where there is no easy way. I wonder what will happen? Can't wait to find out! Again loved Rachel and Belle's friendship and that Belle has somebody she can be honest and open to.

Noo Angelo's back :( Poor Belle I hope she's going to be okay; I guess Aden might find out about the baby now? Ahh can't wait for you to update! Perfect, the emotions, Belle's anguish and maternal instincts were written perfectly!

Can't wait for an update :)

Oh Belle :( Aden is not going to be happy about the whole pregnancy thing at all is he?! I'm sure he'll still be his wonderful self though and we can get lots of protective Aden :wub:

Angelo needs to do one!! Hopefully Justin and Jayden scared him off for good!!

Looking forward to more and always happy to help :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CHAPTER TWENTY

“Aden” Belle whimpered as she awoke, the cold flannel placed on her forehead causing a tingling sensation.

“Hey, it’s alright” Aden murmured softly, taking Belle’s hand, as he sat beside her. After she collapsed, Aden had carried her to the sofa and managed to get her comfortable, in the hope that when she awoke, she would be calm after the confrontation with Angelo. “I’m here” he quickly added in order to reassure his wife.

“A ... Angelo” she muttered.

“He’s gone” Aden told her gently. “You’re safe.” He gently placed his hands on either side of her shoulders, encouraging her to lie back down onto the sofa as she attempted to sit up. “Whoa, babe, lie down.”

“Mum?” Jayden murmured.

“I ... I’m fine” Belle told them all softly as she gradually sat up, removing the flannel from her forehead. “Where, where is ...” she began, before Aden took his wife’s hand and looked at her apologetically.

“I’m sorry” he murmured. “He got away.”

“The children?” she asked.

“Upstairs” he muttered in reply.

A small whimper emitted from Belle’s lips.

“It’s okay mum” Jayden piped up. “We’ll find him. I promise.”

“Jayden’s right” Justin intervened. “The fact that he came anywhere near you, surely that counts for something?” he asked.

Aden shrugged. “I don’t know, I hope so. But a restraining order wouldn’t keep him away” he pointed out.

Belle shook her head. “Of course he won’t” she spoke. “He won’t stop at anything.”

“He wants you back?” Jayden asked, knowing the answer as Belle and Aden nodded.

“Maybe” Belle began, “maybe I should” she suggested. “That way, nobody else will get hurt.”

“No!” Aden told her firmly. “I will be the one to protect you and this family. You don’t need to give him what he wants!”

“But all the time we’re together, Aden, he won’t stop!”

“Then he can carry on” he told his wife confidently. “Because I am not letting you go.” He leant forward to wipe away the tears that began streaming down her cheeks. “Justin, I want you to lock the doors for me, okay?” he asked, as he helped Belle stand up, taking her hands. “Thanks for sorting the kids out for me, Jayden” he smiled. “Come on babe” he whispered as he turned to face Belle. “You need to go to bed.”

The couple headed upstairs, entering their bedroom.

Belle broke off from her husband and entered the en suite bathroom.

It took a few moments for her to react to what was happening as she changed into her pyjamas. She shouted for Aden who headed into the en suite within seconds.

“Oh” he murmured as he saw the blood. “Where do you keep all of your stuff?” he asked subtly.

Belle shook her head as tears began to fall down her cheeks once again. “No, Aden, you don’t understand” she murmured as she reached her the sanitary products in the bathroom cabinet. “I’m, I mean, I was ... I was pregnant” she told him, before bursting into floods of tears.

“Pregnant?” he asked confusedly. “But you can’t be.”

Belle nodded, standing up and regaining her original position having sorted herself out properly, now comfortable. “Rachel confirmed it” she told him.

“But” he began, “she never told me.”

“I asked her not to” Belle admitted.

Aden was torn. On one hand, Belle had lied to him. On the other hand, she needed him.

“When did you find out?” he asked.

“Yesterday” Belle replied.

Aden nodded before taking Belle into his arms, enveloping his arms around her as she cried.

“Come on” he murmured as he led her back into their bedroom.

Belle instantly collapsed onto the floor, holding her legs up to her chest and rocking herself back and forth gently as Aden prepared the bed, placing a beach towel over the sheet to prevent blood from seeping through.

He grabbed the glass of water which stood on the bedside table, before reaching into the drawer and pulling out a packet of tablets.

He headed around the other side of the bed and handed them to her. “Here” he said. “Are you in pain?” he asked.

Belle nodded. “Cramps” she murmured, before consuming the pills.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked.

Belle shrugged. “I was scared.”

“Scared? Babe, of what?”

“You” she told him. “You’d want me to get rid of it and I can’t do that, Aden. It’s our baby.”

“But it can kill you, Belle.”

“Exactly, and you’d want me to abort it, wouldn’t you?”

Aden nodded. “Ideally. It’s not that I’d want you to abort it, I just want you to be safe and happy and healthy. But I know that I’d have to frogmarch you to the clinic and I couldn’t do that. I couldn’t force you into something like this. I would have helped you through it.”

“Basically, you wouldn’t have let me doing anything until giving birth. Even after, you’d still have me on strict bed rest” she smiled.

Aden nodded. “Of course” he murmured. “Do you want to lie down?” he offered, noticing Belle becoming tired.

She clutched at her stomach and nodded, Aden reaching down and taking her hands, helping her up.

He led her towards the bed, lowering her down onto it gently, before pulling the covers over her petite frame. He climbed into the bed next to her, wrapping his arms around her and gently massaging her stomach to ease the cramps.

“Morning” Aden murmured as he entered the kitchen, leaning against the door frame as he watched Belle serve up breakfast. “How are you?” he asked and Belle knew the question had more meaning compared to any other morning.

She shrugged. “Not too bad. I’m in a bit of pain” she murmured softly.

“Pain?” Justin asked.

“Girl trouble” Belle told her brother in law, innocently, who nodded.

“Right” she began, “I’m taking the kids to school, you are going to work” she gestured to Aden. “And Justin?” she asked.

“I’m not too sure. I need to go job hunting really” he murmured.

“Why don’t” Aden began, “you have a word with Gibbsy? Tell him you’re my brother? You might be able to get work on the trawler” he told his brother.

“Really? You think?”

Aden nodded. “Yeah, I think they’re looking for crew.”

“They are” Danielle piped up. “I saw an advertisement for it in the post office the other day.

Justin nodded.

“Well that’s settled then” Belle murmured. “Come on kids. Ten minutes and we leave.”

Sure enough, they had left within ten minutes, Belle and the children bundling into the car as Belle drove them to school and Olivia to nursery.

“See you later” Belle murmured as Lilly and Tyler exited the car, heading into the school premises, before she pulled off again and dropped Jayden and Danielle off at school too.

“Take care, mum” Jayden muttered softly.

Belle nodded. “Don’t you worry about me” she smiled. “All I’ve got to do is drop this little one off at nursery” she told her son.

She soon headed towards the nursery, jumping out of the car to take Olivia in. She spoke to the nursery nurse about her progress before saying her goodbyes to Olivia.

“Mummy has to go now Livvie. Don’t forget, Uncle Justin is collecting you” she told her daughter.

“Just” she murmured, unable to pronounce his name correctly.

Belle exited the building, shuffling along the path before climbing back into the car.

She put the key into the ignition and started the car. However, she was prevented from pulling the car away as she felt something being held against her stomach.

Angelo climbed into the front seat, the gun firmly held in his hand as he seated himself in the passenger seat. Belle breathed in heavily, terrified of what was about to happen. She kept her hands on the steering wheel as the gun prodded into the side of her stomach.

She felt Angelo’s hand reach towards her and make it’s way into her pocket, reaching for her phone.

“Can’t have you using that” he murmured as he snatched it away from her and turned it off, before slipping it into his own pocket. “Nice dress by the way.”

“Aden will know something’s wrong” Belle murmured softly as she turned her head slowly to face Angelo.

He shrugged uncaringly.

“It’s not even loaded, is it?” Belle spoke confidently.

“Want to bet?” Angelo smirked.

“You wouldn’t even be able to get hold of any bullets. You’re not a cop.”

“I had a new identity in prison, Belle. Came out and got a job as a cop for a while. I know what I’m doing” he told her smugly. “Now drive.”

“I’m not scared of you Angelo” Belle told him, as she cautiously placed her hand over the handle of the door.

“You dare” Angelo muttered angrily.

“You’ll what?” she laughed sarcastically. “Kill me? I’ve heard it all before!”

“Shut up!” Angelo yelled.

Belle took her chance and pulled open the door, but before she could escape, Angelo lent across her petite frame and pulled the door shut.

“I will use it, Belle” Angelo threatened, as he locked the door. “Drive” he warned.

Belle started the car, and followed Angelo’s instructions, unaware of what was in store for her.

:wink: So you finally updated then! :)

Oh I love protective Aden :wub: :wub:

Ergh, Angelo, cant someone just kill him already!

I hope he doesnt do anything to hurt her and I look forward to more soon :D

XX

Good update

very dramatic ending there with Angelo kidnapping Belle

I'm sure Aden will save her through :unsure:

it's a shame Belle lost her baby

I think Aden might end up killing Angelo I could be wrong through :huh:

look forward to more

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

“Get inside” Angelo threatened as Belle pulled up outside the cabin which she recognised only too well. He pressed the gun to her back as tears streamed down her face.

He unlocked the door before entering, gently pushing Belle in order to guide her into the cabin.

He closed the door behind him when they had entered.

“Sorry about this” he told her as he led her towards the chair in the middle of the room and forced her into it, before pulling out the handcuffs and slapping them on her wrists.

“Why are you doing this Angelo?” she asked.

“Because I can’t have you.”

“You did have me but you lost me.”

“Things could have been so different” he told her as he took a seat opposite her. “We could have got married, have children of our own but instead, you went off with him” he said bitterly.

“Because you hurt me.”

“I had to keep you under control” Angelo murmured as he placed his hand on her bare knee.

“I was though, Angelo. Don’t you get it? You never had to hit me because I did love you. And I hate myself for it now” she muttered bitterly.

“I will have you, Belle.”

“What are you going to do, Angelo? Rape me again? Because Aden will already have people out looking for me. He’s not stupid, he knows when something is wrong.”

“How nice of him” he smirked smugly, as he pulled out her phone and switched it back on.

“What, going to call him again are you? Taunt him like last time?”

Angelo shook his head. “I trust you’re going to keep quiet?” he asked as Belle nodded. “Good. Not that anyone will hear you, anyway” he told her.

“I’ll be back for you soon” he muttered before leaving the building and locking the door behind him.

Belle sat in silence as she looked around the room, trying to plan an escape route. She had no idea how long she had to leave the building and head back home.

“Jayden” Danielle called from down the corridor as she saw him placing his books into his locker. “Did you get that text from mum?” she asked.

“The one about meeting her? Yeah” he replied.

“Got to go now haven’t we?”

Jayden nodded. “What’s it for anyway?” he asked.

Danielle shrugged. “I don’t know. She didn’t say. She just wants us to meet her outside.”

Within ten minutes, Danielle and Jayden had headed outside and into the school car park.

They spotted Belle’s car and headed towards it, climbing into the back of it, lacking in their concentration having spoken to each other across the car park.

“Why do you need us anyway?” Danielle sighed.

The doors suddenly locked and Angelo turned around.

“No!” Jayden cried out. “Let us out, now!” he warned.

“Or what?” Angelo smiled. “Just sit back and relax and we’ll be there in no time.”

“Where are we going?” Danielle whispered.

Jayden shrugged as he reached for his sisters hand to reassure her.

“Yeah, sure, why not” Gibbsy said as he spoke to Justin. “Aden was always reliable. I’ll definitely take you on board full time.”

“Thank you so much” Justin spoke, grateful for the job.

“See you tomorrow mate, early start.”

Justin nodded. “Yeah, sure, thanks Gibbsy” he murmured before walking away and heading to the Diner.

“Hey Irene” he greeted her.

“Hiya love, how’s things?” she asked.

“Great, actually” he smiled. "I’ve got a job with Gibbsy on the prawn trawler.”

“Oh darl, I’m really happy for you. I’m not surprised, because you deserve it, so well done.”

“Thanks Irene, erm, has Belle been in at all today?”

Irene shook her head. “No, should she have been?” she asked as she stirred the sugar into the coffee she was making for customers.

Justin shrugged. “Maybe not, it doesn’t matter. I just think she’s getting dinner from here today.”

She nodded. “Maybe she’ll be in later. Knowing that girly, she’s probably out there shopping somewhere.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t it past her. You know, last week, she came back five pairs of shoes. Honestly!” he laughed.

“There’s your answer then, love. Good job you or Aden aren’t with her today then. You’ll be dead by the time you get back shopping.”

“Too right!” he agreed. “Anyway, I best be off, see you later Irene.”

“Bye love.”

Angelo entered the cabin once again to find Belle in the same position as she had been originally.

“We’re going for a drive” he told her.

“Where?” she asked simply.

“You’ll find out. But this way, we can be together.”

He quickly undid the handcuffs, keeping hold of her arm firmly so as she could stand up from the chair.

Once she was standing, he placed them back on her wrists again before leading her outside.

“No” she whimpered as she saw Danielle and Jayden in the back of the car.

“I’m sorry, Belle. I would have made it a family affair but to collect Olivia, I’d need a password for collection and there’d be a lot of difficulty in getting Lilly and Tyler out of the school. But these two came once they got the text I sent them from you.” He led her towards the car and opened the door. “Get inside.”

She did as she was told, Angelo closing the door behind her as he headed round and climbed into the driver seat himself. He reached across Belle and pulled the seat belt across her body.

He put the key into the ignition and began to drive.

“You’re sick, do you know that?” Jayden muttered from the back seat as he manoeuvred himself and undid his seat belt, although with difficulty as he too had his hands behind his back.

“If I can’t have Belle, nobody can” Angelo told him as he looked at him in the mirror.

“And you think that kidnapping us is the best solution? You’re deranged!” he told him.

“Jayden!” Belle warned.

“Wow, you really are Aden’s son, aren’t you?” Angelo laughed. “You did well there, Belle. Tell me, did it take you long before you two ...” he trailed off as Belle interrupted him.

“No. Unlike you, Aden made me feel special. He didn’t make me beg for him to stop.”

“Whatever” Angelo muttered.

“Where are you taking us?” Danielle asked.

“You’ll find out soon” Angelo replied, smiling as he looked at Danielle in the mirror, tears running down her face and staining her cheeks.

Jayden sat quietly in the back of the car and managed to manoeuvre his body slightly, so as he hands, still handcuffed behind his back, could reach into the pocket in his jeans.

He delved into his pocket, pulling out his mobile phone, still cautious not to make a sound whilst doing so.

The car continued its journey along the road, neither Belle, Danielle or Jayden knowing where they were heading for.

Danielle was terrified, tears continuously trickling down her face as she watched what Jayden was attempting to do. She made no sound, preventing herself from distracting Angelo, not wanting him to realise that Jayden had gotten hold of his phone.

Belle watched out onto the road, no idea what Angelo had in store for Angelo and her two older children. She was scared for their safety and knew without a doubt she would do anything Angelo asked in order to keep them safe.

The car eventually came to a stop by a river bank.

“You were mine Belle and we were meant to be together but Aden stood in the way.”

“You raped her!” Jayden cried out, interrupting Angelo.

“Mum?” Danielle murmured softly as she continued to sob.

“Danni, it’s okay” Belle told her in a shaky breath, signalling that she wasn’t sure if she was telling the truth or not.

“We could have been a family, Belle” Angelo muttered. “We still can be.”

He began to push his foot down on the pedals in the car before Belle stopped him.

Unbeknown to Belle, however, Jayden had managed to dial Aden’s number in the back seat of the car.

“Angelo, please. You can’t do this.”

“I can, Belle because Aden can’t have you!” he yelled. “He’s not meant to have you.”

“Please, Angelo. You can have me, just please, don’t do this! Danni and Jayden have nothing to do with this. They weren’t around at that time. Please?” she begged, tears streaming down her cheeks.

She knew what Angelo was planning on doing, it was clear to everyone in the car but she couldn’t deal with Danielle and Jayden suffering that fate.

“But they are his children, Belle.”

“I know that but they shouldn’t be involved in this” she told him firmly. “This is between me and you.”

“No!” Angelo yelled. “This is between me, you and Aden and so I am taking back what’s mine. He took away the person that I loved and I’m taking away the people that he loves.”

“You never loved me!” Belle cried. “You hated me! Because you don’t rape the people you love, Angelo. Now please, I’ll do anything, just don’t involve my children in this. If this is what you want to do” she told him, nodding out to the river, “then go ahead, but only me and you. You let Danni and Jayden go. But it’s not the only option.”

“Yes it is. It’s the only option if I can’t have you, Belle.”

There was silence before Belle spoke again.

“If it’s me that you want, then let these two go, please? And then ... I’ll do whatever you want. I’ll marry you, have children with you ...” she lied. She knew it was a long shot but she had to try and save her children.

Angelo shook his head. “No because Aden will always be one step ahead and will get you back. I have to do this” he murmured.

Archived