Family Matters

Guest HighwayUnicorn

One: I am so ashamed of how long this update has taken me. I apologise.

Two: I also apologise because this update is just ... I have no words for it besides, shocking!

So without further ado ... I'll just find a tree to hang myself from ... or I will do when you realise just how awful this chapter is anyway.

Apolgies to Zetti who was expecting this update years ago and really did bear with me while I tried to work on it ... and thank you for the help you gave me as well.

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

A week had passed since Belle had been released from hospital and she, as well as Aden and the rest of the family, were attempting to regain their lives.

“Mama” Olivia suddenly called from the lounge area, Belle heading away from the table in the kitchen where she, Justin and Aden were sat.

“Hey baby girl” Aden and Justin heard her say as they continued to drink coffee.

“You alright mate?” Justin asked.

Aden nodded. “Yeah” he replied, confused as to why Justin had asked him the question. “Why?”

Justin shook his head slightly. “Just worried about you. You seem a bit distant and I want you to know that you can talk to me” he told his younger brother.

“I know” Aden smiled as Belle returned to the kitchen with Olivia in her arms.

“Madam here wants something to eat” Belle spoke softly, placing her daughter on a chair.

“Is that right missus?” Aden asked, stroking his little girl’s face, as the young girl nodded in reply.

“I’m going to make her some scrambled egg if either you of you’s two want some?” she asked them as Aden nodded.

“Want me to do it babe?” Aden asked.

“Babe, I’m fine” Belle told him genuinely, with a small smile. “Justin? Do you want any?”

Justin quickly looked at his watch before shaking his head. “No thank you Belle. Usually I wouldn’t complain but I’m doing the afternoon shift with Gibbsy so I best get going.”

They both bid farewell to Justin, before Belle continued to make Olivia’s breakfast.

Aden headed towards the kitchen counter and placed his hands on Belle’s hips, leaning forwards and nibbling her ear.

“Aden” Belle giggled.

“You love it” he murmured softly in her ear as Belle giggled.

“Not in front of Olivia” she told him, yet couldn’t resist her husband.

“I’ve got the perfect thing in mind for us, you know” Aden smiled.

“Yeah, I bet you have. And so have I.”

“What?” Aden asked.

“Shopping, Aden. I wasn’t thinking what you were.”

“And what exactly was I thinking” he asked her with a small smile gracing his lips once again.

“Sex” she whispered.

“Love, sweetheart. Let’s make love” he murmured.

“I’m sorry” Belle murmured softly. “We do seem to be lacking in that department at the moment.”

“It’s understandable” Aden spoke. “I just want to make you happy, really happy.”

“I know” Belle sighed, turning in her husband’s arms. “You do. You know that, don’t you?” she murmured.

Aden shrugged.

“Babe, you have given me the five most special people in our lives. If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t be happy. But I love you and our children, so, so much” Belle smiled.

“I know. I love you more, by the way” he winked, pressing a kiss to her lips softly.

“Mmm” Belle moaned against his plush lips before pulling away. “Now let me do the food.”

An hour later, and Belle, Aden and Olivia had eaten breakfast and were ready to go shopping.

“I’ll drive” Aden murmured as he picked up the keys from the coffee table.

“I know” Belle smiled, with this being a common occurrence.

They exited the house and continued down the path. Upon reaching the car, Belle placed Olivia in the car seat, strapping her securely inside it, before climbing into the passenger seat, Aden starting the engine of the car.

It took them half an hour before they arrived at the supermarket. Once they had arrived, Aden grabbed a trolley from near the entrance of the store and placed Olivia in the small seat.

It took a couple of hours for them to collect the groceries they needed, as well as finding something to take home for the children, including movies and games.

“Aden” Belle began, as they exited the supermarket and headed back towards the car.

“Yeah?” Aden murmured softly.

“I was thinking, we’ve put it off for quite a while now but maybe I should give Charlie my statement” she suggested.

Aden nodded slowly. “Okay. But are you sure you want to do this?” he asked her gently. “Charlie said that they can still proceed with the case without your statement. It was attempted murder” he pointed out.

Belle nodded. “I know. But they still need more of a story on behind it all. And I’d rather it be me giving the account than Danni or Jayden. I don’t want them to have to go through it” she added.

They began to unload the shopping into the car, Belle once again placing Olivia in the car seat before Aden and Belle drove off towards the police station.

“You sure you’re ready to do this, babe?” Aden asked.

Belle inhaled sharply, nodding. “Yeah. I need to.”

Climbing out of the car, the three of them stepped into the building and stood at the desk, before speaking to Charlie.

Upon hearing what Belle was prepared to do, she collected the equipment she needed before taking Belle into a room further along the corridor, whilst Aden and Olivia sat outside.

“Okay, Belle” Charlie began softly, approaching the subject gently. “Can you tell me what happened?”

Belle began to relive the ordeal she suffered, informing Charlie of what had happened between her and Angelo previously to him abducting Danielle and Jayden.

“And then what happened?” Charlie asked.

Belle shrugged. “That was it” she murmured. “He drove us into the river. And then Aden and Justin saved us.”

Charlie nodded, continuing to write on the lined paper in front of her before looking at Belle. “I just need you to sign the statement for me, please, Belle and then you can go” she smiled.

She handed the piece of paper to Belle, who skimmed through what had been written, before taking the pen and signing her name on the dotted line below the few paragraphs of printed writing.

“Mum, what’s for tea?” Danielle asked as she appeared into the kitchen.

“Lasagne” Belle replied. “You could set the table for me, please Danni. It won’t be much longer now” she murmured softly as she dried her hands on the tea towel after washing the dishes.

“Where’s dad?” she asked.

“He’s taken Lilly, Tyler and Olivia to the park. Is Jayden in his room?” she asked.

Danielle nodded. “Revising” she laughed softly.

“Well, that’s what he says” Belle smiled. “Really, he’s up there playing computer games and whatnot.”

There was a comfortable silence between them before Danielle spoke again. “I heard dad say to Justin that you gave your statement to the police today” she questioned.

Belle nodded. “Yeah, I did. And Charlie was pretty great. They’re doing everything they can” she told her as the front door opened and Aden, Justin and the children walked into the lounge.

“Go and wash your hands and come back down for dinner” he told them as he picked up Olivia and carried her through to the kitchen, holding her hands underneath the running water as she washed her hands.

Belle began dishing up the meal as Aden gathered everyone to the table. The family discussed their day around the table, with the children talking about the day they had at school.

“And what homework do we have to do tonight please, Tyler?”

Tyler groaned. “History.”

“Ah” Belle murmured. “You can help Tyler tonight, can’t you babe?” she asked Aden who rolled his eyes.

“I think you should get Nana Irene to help you with it Tyler. She’s old.”

“Lilly!” Aden and Belle scolded at the same time, yet the voice was not too forceful.

“Nana Irene is not old, she’s wise” Belle smiled. “And I’m sure she wouldn’t appreciate it if you said she was old. Lilly, what homework do you have?” Belle asked, trying to change the subject.

“Maths” she lisped as Aden smiled.

“There you go sweetheart. That’s your topic” he smiled as he collected the plates from around the table, piling them up before taking them to the sink. “I’ll wash up” he added, noticing Belle just about to stand up to help him.

Belle nodded and smiled. “Thanks babe.” She looked at her watch before standing up and taking Olivia out of her high chair. “Come on then Livvie. Bath time and bed time for you.

“Not tired” she muttered, yet her efforts to stay up from bed proved pointless as she yawned heavily.

Belle carried her upstairs before heading into the bathroom with her, running the taps. After a few moments, she picked Olivia up and placed her in the bath as she began to splash around in the water, Belle interacting with her as she fetched the rubber duck toys from the cabinet.

Within fifteen minutes, Belle had bathed Olivia and had put her in her favourite pyjamas, before taking her to bed to read a book to her. Within ten minutes, Olivia had fallen asleep and Belle headed back downstairs.

“Lilly, Tyler ... bed time please” she murmured softly.

“But mum” Lilly began. “It’s only ... what’s the time?”

“Eight thirty” Belle replied. “Which means if you hurry up and get into your pyjamas and into bed, you can choose a book and whether me or daddy will read it to you.”

“Daddy!” Tyler muttered. “You read to us yesterday. Can daddy read to us tonight please?” he asked politely as Belle nodded.

“Of course he can” she smiled, as Aden exited the kitchen, drying his hands on the tea towel.

“I take it I’m reading to them tonight then?” he smiled having overheard the conversation which had taken place seconds beforehand. “Wait in Lilly’s room for me, please, Tyler and then I’ll come and read to you’s both.”

Lilly and Tyler ran hurriedly up the stairs before changing into their pyjamas and climbing into bed before Aden headed up the stairs to read to them both.

Belle headed into the kitchen and opened the fridge, pulling out a bottle of wine before reaching into the cupboard for a glass.

“Do you want anything?” she offered Justin as he headed into the kitchen and sat at the table. “We have beer” she murmured.

Justin nodded. “Yeah, thanks.”

“I’ll have one” Jayden murmured as he entered the kitchen.

“You will not” Belle smiled. “You can go upstairs and do what you want at the moment ... within reason” she added. “You need to be quiet because the kids are going to sleep.”

Jayden smiled. “Will do” he murmured. “Night” he added.

“Just like his dad, hey?” Justin murmured as Belle sat down at the table opposite him.

“Very much so” she murmured. “And I tell them both that all the time ... but Danielle’s like me” she laughed.

“Aden told me about you making your statement” he told her.

Belle nodded. “Yeah. I can’t say I enjoyed it and it wasn’t easy but at least it’s out of the way now” she told him truthfully as Aden entered the kitchen.

“Are they all asleep?” Belle asked him.

Aden shrugged. “They were calm when I put them to bed. Lilly was dozing off but then I had to take Tyler back to his room and he didn’t want to go ...”

“Were there tears?” Belle asked him as Aden shook his head.

“No, he just didn’t want to go to sleep” he smiled.

“I’m going to head up” Justin murmured, realising that the couple might want some time to themselves.

After a few moments of silence, Aden spoke once again.

“I’m proud of you for what you did today.”

Belle nodded. “I know.” She sighed. “I just need to know the truth, Aden. If he’s dead or if he’s still out there somewhere ...”

Aden shrugged. “I wish I could give you answer, babe, but I don’t know and the police still aren’t sure.”

“But what do we do until then?” Belle asked. “Until we find out.”

Aden shrugged once again. “We wait.”

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Carina can I just say I find it shocking that you thought that chapter was bad.

I thought it was really good. :D

A nice family driven chapter calm before the storm I would say because I don't believe Angelo is dead but not to sure on that one :unsure:

Glad Belle gave Charlie her statement hopefully the poilce will find Angelo before he can hurt this family again well thatis if he is alive of course :wink:

Well Done a lot of effort has gone into this chapter and it has paid off.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 23

I loved all the emotion.

I’m so glad Belle and the kids are ok!

Poor Aden constantly blaming himself, but I liked it when Belle told him he’s her husband and not her bodyguard, good call!

Poor Rachel being put in that position, but I can see all sides right there... you’ve captured everything so perfectly Carina!

Emotion, the love, hatred, being scared, anger :)

Well done!

Chapter 24

Brilliant Chapter, I love the family dynamic you have going on, its beautifully written and so lovely to read.

I’m glad Belle gave her statement, better to get it out of the way, as hard as it is every little bit helps! And Aden is just so perfect, can I have him too?

Danielle and Belle are great, such a beautiful mother and daughter relationship and so natural!

I love the kids, just so cute, and definitely what I’d like to think they’re actual kids would have been like have Belle not died on the show!

Amazing, update soon honey! I missed reading this lol

Archived