Family Matters

Guest HighwayUnicorn

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

“But I want another story” Lilly lisped as she sat on her bed. Olivia shared the same room as her, lying in the small bed at the other side of the room.

“Another story?” Aden sighed with a smile as Olivia clapped her hands together.

“Yes dada! Another story” she giggled as she took the sealed beaker of warm milk from the floor and sucked it gently, taking a sip from it.

“Okay, but I’m gonna have to make it up” he told them softly, “because we’ve finished the book” he held up the blue story book he had just read, which contained various fairytales, already completed.

Both of the girls smiled and Lilly nodded. “Yes daddy, make it up!” she encouraged.

“Make it up?” Aden breathed in a happy tone. “Alright then. Once upon a time, there were two princesses, Lilly and Olivia.”

“That’s us” Olivia spoke loudly with a giggle, pointing at herself and then in Lilly’s direction.

Aden continued the story, finishing with the typical ‘happy ever after’ and before long, he realised that Olivia had fallen asleep. “Livvie?” he murmured, as he headed towards her and pulled up the quilt over her tiny frame to ensure she was warm. “Night baby girl, sweet dreams” he murmured, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

“Daddy” Lilly lisped. “What time is Danielle coming back home? She hasn’t given me my goodnight kiss” the young girl spoke innocently, referring to her older sister who was currently at her school disco.

Aden shrugged. “James will be bringing her home sweetheart, but I’m not sure what time the disco ends.”

“Danni and James are in love” she murmured with a smile as Aden tucked her in, stroking a strand of hair behind her ear, before she slowly closed her eyes and fell asleep.

“So you’ve both been through some pretty rough times then” Justin murmured as he and Belle were sat on the sofa in the lounge, Belle discussing what her and Aden had experienced as a couple throughout their marriage.

Belle nodded. “Yeah, pretty much. And it always seems to come down to Angelo. Not that I was right in saying some of those things to Aden” she told him clearly, referring to the saga of filing for a divorce. “But obviously if Angelo hadn’t caused that pain, I wouldn’t have become depressed and then I wouldn’t have tried to commit suicide.”

“Well, put it this way, if this Angelo jerk comes anywhere near here, I’ll be the first to tell him where to go” he smiled, although his tone serious.

“Now I know where Aden gets his protective side from” Belle smiled. “He has been amazing throughout everything though. Loads of other guys would have upped and left, having some really depressed, dependent girl tagging along with them and relying on them but he enjoyed looking after me ... obviously he wished the circumstances were different but he never left me” she told Justin as he nodded and grinned.

“I’m proud of him for looking after you. And I’m proud of you as well, Belle. Not only for making something of yourself and of your life but you helped Aden in a way as well ... with his abuse and everything ... I just walked away and left him. I was a coward.”

“Justin, you were just a kid yourself” Belle reassured him. “And let’s face it, how could you know what to do? You didn’t have anyone to turn to, Aden was too young to understand ... your dad was always drunk.”

“Yeah I know ... I’m just glad that he managed to get over it and that you’re ...”

“Still recovering?” she completed with a smile. “I know” she murmured quietly. “It’s not something I can completely forget about, Aden knows that, but he just wants me to be happy. Hopefully, the anti-depressants will do their job. But I have an amazing husband, fantastic children ... and my brother in law isn’t too bad either” she laughed.

“What are you two talking about?” Aden asked as he headed down the stairs.

Belle turned around to face him, smiling as he rested his hands gently on her shoulders. “Aaah” she began. “I was just telling Justin how amazing my husband is” she giggled as he nodded.

“I agree. He’s awesome, fit, gorgeous and just completely perfect.”

“You have such a big head ... but it’s so true ... I think every woman deserves their own Aden Jefferies. Talking of every woman deserving someone like you ... do you think Danni is having a good time with James?” she asked as Aden sat down on the armchair.

He shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose. “Babe, seriously, I’m her dad ... I don’t want to even think about Danielle having a boyfriend.”

“She’s fifteen” Belle laughed.

“Exactly” Aden pointed out.

“Mate, chill. I had gone through about four chicks by the time I reached that age” Justin laughed. “I dated them for ... well the longest relationship was seven months” he smiled.

“Yeah, Jay but she’s my daughter. I mean, you know what guys are like now ... I just don’t want Danni to feel pressured into anything you know?” he spoke as Belle nodded.

“Babe, I know how you feel and so do I. I hate that she’s into guys too ... the fact that she could go through the same thing as me, whether it’s someone she knows or a stranger ... it’s heartbreaking and I don’t want to think about that but if she has a boyfriend, there’s not a lot we can do to stop her from .. you know ... if it’s what she wants. And I have given her the talk ...”

“Whoa! Enough” Aden muttered as Belle and Justin laughed. “I don’t need to know about all of ... this. It was bad enough when she was twelve” Aden cringed at the thought that plagued his mind.

Belle smiled. “It’s natural” she told her husband before turning to Justin and speaking to him. “When Danni was twelve, she started ...” Belle broke off as Justin nodded, understanding the conversation.

“Didn’t take it too well hey mate?” Justin joked.

“Don’t” he murmured. “It was horrible ... horrific.”

“He’s exaggerating” Belle smiled.

FLASHBACK

“Whoa, Danielle Emma Jefferies!” Aden yelled at his twelve year old daughter as she pounded down the stairs, Aden having just exited the kitchen. “Walk! Thank you” he murmured as she reached the bottom of the stairs. “What’s the rush?” he asked, as he walked over to the sofa and sat down, Danielle panting, out of breath.

“Where’s mum?” she asked breathlessly, panic in her voice.

“She went to see Nana Irene and show her the ultrasound pictures from the other day” he told her, referring to the recent scan that Belle had attended, having fallen pregnant with another child. “Why, what’s up?” he asked, leaning forwards on the armchair to look at Danielle.

She shrugged. “I need ... I ... I want mum” she murmured, clearly panic-stricken. “It doesn’t matter” she muttered, before heading upstairs, leaving Aden wondering what had just happened.

Danielle raided through the drawers in her mum and dad’s bedroom, searching for any products that Belle would keep. Finding what she needed, she took the products and headed into the bathroom with them. A slight whimper escaped her lips as she was unsure of what to do and instead, sat on the bathroom floor, her back resting against the bath as she awaited Belle’s arrival.

Just over an hour later, Belle returned home to find Aden watching a game of football on the television. “So you have a degree in medical care yet you immaturely watch footie?” Belle smiled as she entered.

“Hey baby” he murmured as Belle sat next to him, holding her stomach softly. “What did Irene have to say about the ultrasound?” he asked as Belle smiled, placing a hand on Aden’s chest as she remained sitting beside him.

“She loved it. She asked the sex but I told her that neither of us wanted to know.”

Aden sighed. “No, you don’t want to know” he smiled. “I honestly don’t know why I do the ultrasound for you so I know the sex and you don’t.”

“Nope. It’ll be a nice surprise when bub is born, Aden. And besides, you’ve already done an ultrasound for me before” referring to her last pregnancy, having fallen unconscious, Aden checking the baby’s heart rate during an ultrasound.

“Yeah, it would be nice if I could do it under better circumstances” he told her. “Danni was asking for you earlier, by the way. She went upstairs about an hour ago and I haven’t seen her since.”

“Really? What did she want?” Belle asked, as she began to stand up from the sofa, Aden’s shrug of his shoulders the reply to her question before she headed upstairs. Stopping outside the bathroom door, she gently tapped it, before calling her daughter’s name. The door opened quickly. “Babe?” she asked as she entered through to the bathroom, before noticing the products on the floor. Belle smiled slightly as she looked at her daughter. “In need of help sweetheart?” she asked.

Danielle nodded. “Yeah” she murmured. “I don’t know how to ...” she gestured at the products. Belle helped Danielle to get sorted out, explaining everything to her, before handing her supplies. “Thank you” she murmured softly.

When Danielle was comfortable and knew what to do, Belle left her and headed downstairs.

“Everything okay?” Aden asked as Belle nodded, both of them standing in the kitchen as Aden made a coffee for them both.

“Yeah, everything’s fine” she confirmed for him.

“What did Danni want?” he asked as Belle smiled. “What?” he asked, as he took a sip of coffee form the mug.

Belle headed up to Aden and whispered into his ear. Pulling away, she laughed as Aden paled, his expression shocked.

END FLASHBACK

“Oh mate” Justin smiled, unable to hold back the laugh that escaped his lips.

“Lilly next” Belle smiled as Aden cringed once again.

“Not for a while yet I hope” he murmured. “And then I’d have three of them. Two is bad enough. Moody, complaining about pain ... you’ll soon learn Jay, alright?” he muttered, unable to prevent the smile that formed on his lips too.

“Having to put up with a lot hey mate?” he laughed as the front door opened, Danielle stumbling in as the three adults turned to look at her.

She turned around to face outside before yelling. “No, James! No don’t touch me! I never want to see you, ever again!” she cried before running upstairs, leaving the front door open, the cries of her mum and dad being ignored.

“I’ll kill him” Aden murmured angrily as he stood up from the sofa and headed towards the front door, exiting the house.

“Aden” Belle warned as she followed him outside. “Wait” she called as he headed down the path after James.

“Oi!” Aden yelled at the young boy who turned around, holding his hands up as Aden grabbed his jacket, before shoving him against the wall. “What did you do to her?!”

“Nothing!” James cried, as Belle approached Aden, gently pressing her hand onto his back.

“Babe. Please. The kids are inside ... don’t” she whispered, as Justin continued to watch from the front door Aden releasing his hold on the young boy in front of him, before turning around and walking calmly away from him. “Okay now?” she asked him as he nodded slowly.

“Yeah ... I ... I just ... he’s upset her and I want him to pay” he told her.

“I know babe and I don’t want to see her upset either. I’ll go and talk to her” she murmured, as she left Aden and Justin in the lounge together whilst she headed upstairs to talk to her eldest daughter.

“Want to tell me what all that was about?” she asked Danielle, who lay in bed, the quilt covering her as she sobbed.

She shrugged. “He doesn’t love me, mum. He kissed another girl ... I love him and he doesn’t love me” she cried as Belle kicked off her own shoes and climbed into the bed with her daughter, wrapping an arm around her waist.

“Sweetheart ... you can do so much better. If he doesn’t love you for who you are, then he doesn’t deserve you. You deserve someone that loves you and treats you properly. You’re a strong, beautiful and amazing girl and one day, you will meet an amazing guy who will treat you like a princess” Belle told her.

“Like dad treats you?” she sniffled as Belle nodded and smiled.

“Yeah, just like your dad treats me” she told her softly as they both fell asleep.

Awwwwwwww....Aden making up stories for his girls was just toooooooooooo cute...as was him freaking about Danni growing up! Bless him!!

Really like the way Justin is settling in with the family, liked him getting all protective about the Angelo thing!

LOVED it and can't wait for more!

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

A week had passed since Danielle’s school disco and although reluctant to completely forget about James, she was beginning to see sense, understanding what Belle was saying about her being better than him. Yet she couldn’t hide the fact that it still hurt, especially when she saw him every day at school.

“Good morning baby” Aden breathed as Belle awoke softly in his arms, her eyes opening and adjusting to the brightness in the room.

“What’s the time?” she murmured, Aden’s arm wrapped tightly around her as he caressed her bare stomach, his fingertips stroking her navel area underneath the quilt covers which were slung loosely over them.

“9am” he told her with a smile, speaking gently with his eyes closed.

Belle instantly shot up, covering her petite frame with the quilt, wrapping it tightly around her before jumping out of the bed.

“Whoa” Aden murmured. “What’s up?” he half smiled, worried as to why she was in such a rush to climb out of bed.

“The kids, Aden! School! God, they’re gonna be so late” she murmured as she headed towards the drawer to pull out her clothing, only to be stopped dead in her tracks as Aden laughed and revealed the story to her.

“Justin’s taken them baby. He’s dropped them off for us.”

“He ... he ... what? Why?” she asked suddenly. “Not that I’m complaining but ...”

Aden laughed before licking his plush lips quickly, replying to his wife’s question. “He came in here this morning when you were asleep ... at about half six ... and offered to take them all to school ... and even Olivia to nursery.”

“Yeah, but why?” Belle asked confusedly.

Aden laughed once again.

“Aden, seriously, what is so funny?” Belle asked, casually running a hand through her hair.”

“Don’t have a go at me Belle. This is all your fault, you’re too loud” he smiled.

“Too loud?” she asked. “Aden, what the bloody hell are you talking about.”

“I must admit though” Aden began as he placed a hand on his abdomen, whilst fiddling with his wedding ring, “Justin was definitely right ... you were really, really loud last night” he giggled as Belle registered what he was talking about as she covered her face with her hands, looking at her husband through her fingers as she turned a pink colour, having blushed. “I wouldn’t worry about it baby” he added with a laugh, “I enjoyed it just as much as you did.”

FLASHBACK

“Okay, Belle, seriously, I don’t know any other woman who can do that as amazingly as you do” Aden smiled as he lay naked in their double bed, having just seen Belle exit the en suite, leaning against the door frame.

She was stood wrapped in a white towel, with wet hair having just taken a shower. “Really?” she whispered seductively. “I hope so. I don’t know if I like the idea of you seeing another woman like this” she twirled a strand of hair as she spoke, before biting down on her lip gently, another thing to turn Aden on.

“Belle” he moaned. “You’re such a tease.”

“Am I?” she spoke seductively again, before heading towards their bedroom door and locking it. She turned to face Aden once again, before dropping the towel from her body, allowing it to land on the floor. “Is that better?” she asked.

“Much better” Aden smiled as Belle headed towards him, climbing on the bed and leaning into him, placing her hand on his bare chest, before moving it further down his body and stroking him, pleasuring him. He moaned with pleasure as she pressed her lips against his, intensifying it as she climbed on top of her husband.

Aden cupped her face in his hands as his wife held her weight above him, both of them kissing each other passionately, groaning in pleasure. In one swift movement, Aden rolled Belle over on to her back, ensuring he was on top of her before he entered.

“You are so beautiful, Belle” Aden murmured softly as he continued making love to his wife, as Belle smiled at him.

“You’re not so bad yourself. You’re hot” she told him as he smiled, before pulling her closer to him and pressing a tender kiss to her lips.

They finally reached climax, before Aden rolled back over onto his own side of the bed, his breathing erratic as he pulled Belle close to him.

“That was amazing” she breathed as she rested her head on her husband’s chest.

“Yeah, it was” Aden sighed heavily, trying to regain his breathing once again. “You were amazing” he murmured.

“Yeah, I wasn’t too bad” she agreed with a giggle, as she rested her hand on Aden’s perfectly toned abdomen. “You were great though. You always make me orgasm as well. In fact, you know, I’ve never had to fake it with you” she laughed jokingly.

There was a comfortable silence between the two of them, yet Aden could tell there was something playing on Belle’s mind. “What are you thinking baby?” he suddenly asked.

Belle shrugged her shoulders before speaking. “I just ... I wished I lost my virginity to you and not Angelo” she sighed. “Do you remember the phone call?” she asked him, referring to the part where Angelo had spoken to Aden on the phone about what he intended to do.

Aden nodded. “Yes, Belle, I remember but can we please not talk about him” he suggested, wrapping an arm around his wife more tightly. “At least when we’re not in bed together, you know I hate that. This is our time ... my time to make you feel safe, to make you feel special.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry” she mumbled. “I know.”

“Thank you” he murmured, before they fell into a comfortable silence once again.

“Anyway Mr Jefferies, do you want to make me feel special all over again?” she smiled as Aden returned the smile and nodded.

“Of course” he murmured, rolling on top of her, pressing a kiss to her lips. “The pleasure would be mine” he added as they progressed to making love once again.

“Come in” Aden murmured quietly as he was sat up in bed, referring to the person who was on the other side of the bedroom door.

Justin entered, the door unlocked after Aden had checked on the children during the night.

“Alright mate?” Justin asked as he entered, Aden nodding. “Good night was it?” he asked as Aden frowned confused, waiting for Justin to continue and answer his questioning look. “Either the walls are pretty thin or you two are pretty loud” he laughed softly as Aden pulled his arm away from around Belle’s and rubbed his face.

“Jay, mate, I am so sorry” he laughed. “God, we ... it’s been a while ... we usually do it a lot more often but since everything that’s been going on ... we just haven’t” he told his brother.

“Nah, mate, it’s cool. You’s both have needs, I get that. Is that why none of the children have the room next door then?” he asked, laughing.

Aden shook his head. “No, that rooms not that big but it’s a good job they don’t have that room isn’t it?” he laughed.

“How is she?” Justin asked, gesturing to Belle.

Aden nodded. “Yeah, she’s okay. Getting better, definitely. We’ll probably be able to spend the day together actually, go and see Nic, Roman, Irene .. we haven’t seen them in quite a long time.”

“Mate, do you want me to take the kids to school?” Justin suddenly asked as Aden shook his head.

“I can’t ask you to do that mate ...”

“You’re not asking ... I’m offering. I could take them to school for you, Olivia to nursery and you’s two get the lie-in you deserve. Not at work at all today?” he asked as Aden nodded.

“Yeah, but I’m on the night shift. I wanted to change it but it just wasn’t possible. I’ll be working with Rachel tonight though so she might let me knock off earlier. She knows just how much I hate leaving Belle on her own. Listen ... I wouldn’t usually ask you but ...”

“Yes” Justin instantly replied.

“You don’t know what I’m gonna say!” Aden smiled as Justin laughed.

“Stay at home tonight? Sure I will” he smiled as he began to exit the room.

“Jay, you’re the best” Aden told him truthfully. “Thank you” he smiled as Justin smiled back.

“I know I am” he smiled. “At least with you working tonight I might get a good night’s sleep” he winked.

END FLASHBACK

“But yeah, Justin has really helped a lot and it’s nice having him round” Belle spoke as she sat on the sofa in the Beach House with Nicole, Irene and Annie.

“He is pretty hot as well” Nicole smiled as Belle and Irene laughed, the only serious tone being Annie’s.

“That’s not funny. You and Geoff are married!” Annie scolded Nicole, referring to their relationship.

Nicole and Geoff had grown closer within the last seventeen years and Geoff had finally proposed to Nicole just six years ago. “And?” Nicole giggled. “I can dream a little, can’t I?” she smiled.

“Well love, I’m telling ya, I’m no spring chicken” Irene began, "but if I were younger, I definitely would.”

“Irene!” the three girls exclaimed together, in sync with each other.

“What? A girl can dream, can’t she?” Irene winked at Nicole with a smile, causing the girls to laugh.

“Okay, seriously, I don’t even want to listen to this conversation anymore” Annie spoke softly, before exiting the room and heading into the back garden where Aden, Roman, Geoff and Justin were sitting together, each drinking a bottle of beer.

“I just can’t believe he’d have the nerve to show up here after everything ... after everyone knew what he did and we all turned against him” Roman murmured, Aden having told everyone at the Beach House about Angelo’s arrival in Summer Bay.

“Tell me about it Roman” Aden muttered, as Annie pulled out a chair and joined them. “But I swear, if he comes anywhere near Belle or the kids, I’ll kill him.”

"Get in line mate” Roman murmured.

“Do you think he would? Go near them, I mean?” Annie piped up.

Aden shrugged. “I wouldn’t put it past him to try it ... he obviously loves the risk. He wants to hurt me just as much as hurting Belle and he seems to know the buttons to press as well, you know?”

“And he knows that to hurt you” Roman began as Aden continued the sentence.

“He has to hurt Belle.”

“Well he’d be an idiot if he turns up here again” Geoff spoke as everyone nodded and agreed. “Anyway, me and Nic best be off” Geoff told them, bidding his farewell to them as he entered the lounge with Annie who had decided to say goodbye to her brother once again, leaving Aden, Justin and Roman sat outside.

“You think he’ll do something don’t you?” Justin asked quietly as Aden nodded.

“Yeah” he breathed. “I’m terrified for her ... and the kids, but it’s Belle that Angelo wants. I hate him so much for what he has done. Everything about what she went through ... the room, even. Sometimes she has nightmares about it, the fact that it was cold and dark ... she still sleeps with the nightlight on” Aden told them as Roman placed his drink on the table.

“I suppose you can’t blame her though” Roman added.

“Exactly, anything that brings back memories” Justin piped up.

Aden nodded, agreeing with Justin’s statement. “I know ... I just wish I could make everything better. She hates the feeling of being trapped and vulnerable. She couldn’t do anything when Angelo raped her and she felt vulnerable. That’s a feeling I never want her to experience.”

They all fell into a comfortable silence, before Belle exited the Beach House and headed towards the men in the garden.

“What have you boys been talking about?” she asked, as Aden opened his arms to pull Belle on to his lap, wrapping his arms around her waist as she snaked one of hers around his neck.

“Aah, okay, you’ve caught me” Aden smiled. “I was just saying how amazing you are.”

“Such a smooth talker” she murmured, before pressing a kiss to his lips. “Come on, we need to go and get the kids. Justin, you coming?” Belle asked, as she stood up from her position, Aden’s hands resting on her hips.

“Er, yeah, sure” he murmured softly, as he said goodbye to Roman before heading into the lounge and bidding farewell to Irene and Annie.

“See you later mate” Roman spoke softly, pulling Aden into a quick hug, before pulling Belle into him and giving her a kiss on the cheek. “Take care Belle, honey” he added before the couple headed off to the school to collect their children.

FLUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :wub:

Loved every second of it, Belle comfirting Danni after the incident was nice, she is right in saying Danni deserves better :)

Aden being so protective, and even Justin is nice, the brothers banding together for family is amazing to read, Livvy and Olivia are cute :D

Hmmm, I'm hoping Angelo leaves, but that wont be the case :(

update soon!

Aw this is really nice and imaginative. I love the fact that Aden is a doctor, he and Belle have at least 4 kids- 5 or 6? I lost count :lol: I also love that Nic and Geoff are married, that's what should have happened. I thinmk this story is how it should have been, Belle not dying, staying with Aden, and Nic with Geoff. Thanks for writing about a happy future for these characters, it was so unfair that Belle died when she should have lived happily ever after with Aden like this.

Loved Annie being shocked at all the girls discussing Justin, add me to the Justin fan club too! :wink:

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

“Tyler, come on, if you eat your vegetables you can have the fudge cake in the fridge” Aden murmured as the family sat down to their evening meal.

“Does that mean I can have a chocolate mousse, daddy?” Lilly asked as Aden nodded.

“Yes, if you eat all of your vegetables.”

“And what about me?” Belle smiled, softly biting her lip.

“Yeah, you’ll definitely get some dessert after sweetheart” Aden winked as Belle giggled.

“Well, let’s not go into detail” Justin frowned. “But” he began, noticing that everybody had almost finished the food on their plate, “I don’t mind washing up for you?” he suggested.

“Justin, you don’t have to ... you’ve done enough” Belle broke off as she heard her mobile phone in the lounge bleep, signalling she had received a text message. “Excuse me” she murmured, as she left the family sat around the table, Justin taking the plates to wash them up as Belle left the kitchen and entered the lounge.

Pulling out her mobile phone she gasped, a small whimper emitting her as she read the message.

“Belle?” Aden called out as he heard his wife’s distress. Entering the lounge, he approached Belle, catching her as she collapsed into his arms. “Whoa, okay baby” he murmured as he gently laid her to the floor.

“Mum?” Jayden cried as he too entered the lounge and observed his mother’s dishevelled figure.

“Jayden, can you take the kids upstairs please?” Aden spoke softly.

“I’ll go” Danielle murmured, leading Tyler and Lilly upstairs, holding Olivia on her hips, leaving Aden, Justin and Jayden to tend to Belle.

“Belle, baby, can you hear me?” Aden murmured, feeling her pulse, before gently shaking her.

“A ...Aden” she croaked as she began to regain consciousness. “Ang ... Angelo” she whimpered as Aden pulled her head onto his lap. “My phone” she added gently as Aden’s hand came to rest on her forehead and stroke her hair softly.

“Jay, can you ...” he began, gesturing at the phone that he requested his brother reach across the floor for. Justin nodded, stretching his hand out and reaching across the floor and taking the phone in his hand.

“Dad, what’s going on?” Jayden asked confusedly.

“Oh my God” Aden muttered, before rubbing his forehead in frustration. He swore before speaking. “Jayden, I need you to make sure the doors are locked, okay? And go upstairs and check the kids are alright, get them into bed, even if they read or watch a movie ... you know the drill.”

“Yeah, but, dad ... what’s going on?” Jayden asked, looking back and forth between Aden and Justin, awaiting a reasonable explanation.

“Just do it for me, please, son?” Aden practically begged as tears pooled into his eyes, Jayden obeying his command immediately as he observed his father’s features.

“How ...” Belle croaked as she attempted to sit up, Aden placing his arm behind her and helping her body into a sitting position. Pulling her into him, her head resting against his chest, Aden pressed kisses onto the side of her head and shrugged.

“I don’t know baby” Aden murmured, gesturing at the text message, knowing that Belle’s question was going to be along the lines of how Angelo was able to retrieve Belle’s mobile number.

“He knows where we live, Aden, and I can’t risk our children getting hurt ... or you” she sobbed. “He followed me.”

“Look, guys, with me on the scene now, it’s gonna be pretty hard for Angelo to come anywhere near the house. Let’s face it, I’m in the army” he grinned.

“He was a cop” Aden groaned.

“Okay, so I see your point but ...”

“But nothing Jay. Angelo knows where we live. For seventeen years I have kept Belle and our children safe and I won’t have him hurting them” he spoke clearly, rubbing soothing circles on his wife’s arm. “I won’t risk their safety.”

Justin nodded. “I know you won’t and I don’t blame you ... but Belle, honey, you know him perhaps better than any of us ... is he likely to come here and hurt you?”

Belle shrugged. “I don’t know. I wouldn’t put it past him though.”

“Neither would I” Aden murmured. “Look, we’ll sort this out in the morning but for now, you need some rest sweetheart” Aden murmured as he helped his wife into a standing position, Justin too standing up from his sitting position on the floor. “Are you dizzy, feeling sick?” he asked her gently as she leant against him and shook her head.

“No, I just feel a bit shocked ... and scared” she admitted in a slight whimper as Aden pulled her closer to him before taking her hand and leading her upstairs, as Justin spoke.

“Look, mate, I’ll wash up for you tonight, okay? The kids ... if I take them dessert to their rooms, is that okay?” he asked as Aden nodded.

“Yeah, thanks Jay, I really appreciate it” he smiled.

Upon reaching the top of the stairs, the couple trailed across the landing before approaching their bedroom. Entering it, they closed the door behind them.

Belle headed into the ensuite to change into her nightwear whilst Aden remained in the bedroom, stripping down to his boxers before climbing into bed, shortly joined by Belle.

“Promise me you won’t go looking for him?” Belle begged of him. “Please?”

“You’re thinking about last time aren’t you?” Aden asked as Belle nodded.

“You really scared me, Aden. I didn’t know where you were and you betrayed me by doing that. I know you were in a safe place and he couldn’t have hurt you but you provoked him ... please, for my sake, and the children’s?”

"Belle, I would never do something that would put you and our children in danger. I swear that to you” he smiled gently, pulling his wife closer to his body, placing his hand on her back as her head rested on his chest, the faint breathing emitted from him being heard in the silence.

FLASHBACK

Aden sat in the small room, awaiting Angelo’s arrival. As he observed others in the room, he recognised so many signs of emotion; happiness and joy at some people seeing their loved ones, anger and hate, the emotion he was currently experiencing.

The iron gate in the far corner of the room suddenly opened, the guard stepping aside as groups of men trailed through the door, handcuffs slapped on their wrists as they approached their visitors.

And then there he was. Angelo. Anger, hate, shock ... each emotions pulsed through his body as he watched the man approach him, a smug grin on his face as he took his seat.

“Aden Jefferies” Angelo smiled, speaking smugly. “What can I do for you?”

“You can stay the hell out of my life!”

“Excuse me, but the last time I checked, you were the one who requested this visiting order. So I’m not the one harassing you, am I?”

“You really think you’re so smart don’t you?” Aden breathed out a sarcastic laugh. “You make me sick.”

Angelo laughed softly. “Tell me, Aden, how’s Belle?”

Aden gritted his teeth together as Angelo’s let his wife’s name roll off his tongue so naturally.

“Hit a nerve, have I?” he smiled. “Married, I see?” he murmured as he saw the wedding ring Aden wore on his finger. “How’d the wedding go? Better still, what about the honeymoon? Was she good?” he asked sickly.

“At least I can actually make her feel special.”

“What a whore” he muttered. “I was with her for months and she wouldn’t do anything for me. You walk on the scene and she’d do what you tell her to.”

“I didn’t have to force her” Aden spoke simply. “I didn’t have to pin her down” he muttered, a small groan escaping his lips as once again, Belle’s vulnerability during her ordeal being at the forefront.

“Did she please you?” Angelo asked. “Because she didn’t do a lot for me, you know. You made an early appearance because I was planning on another round.”

“You piece of ...” Aden bit back the swear word, having stood up and pulled back his fist, a security guard having grabbed hold of him with the same instant. “Sorry ... I’m okay” he muttered, apologising to the guard who nodded, allowing Aden to continue.

“I will have her again, Aden. I don’t intend to be in here for long, you know. And when I get out, I’ll have her, I’ll make her realise what she’s missing. I want to feel her underneath me again, I want her to tremble, to beg, to cry ...” Angelo spoke confidently, although his tone quiet. “And with any luck Jefferies, you’ll be there to see it.”

“You’re never touching her again. You’re nothing to me, you’re nothing to Belle. You know what, you’re nothing to anyone in Summer Bay. Everyone hates you, nobody ever wants you back there. So don’t even think about coming back!” Aden spat violently.

“You think I care what other people think? Because I don’t and you have no right to tell me where I can and cannot go, so get lost, loser. I’m gonna have her again, Aden and that’s a promise” Angelo hissed, before the bell that rung that signalled all visitors had to leave.

“See you around ... mate” Angelo spoke, as he was led back to his cell by a guard.

“Baby, where have you been? You said you’d be back home at 5pm. It’s been two hours and I’ve been worried!” Belle groaned as Aden entered through the door, throwing his bag on the ground.

“Sorry baby” he murmured, pulling her into him as she approached him, wanting to hold her tight and protect her.

“So?” she asked.

“So what?” Aden replied as they began to head towards the sofa.

“Where were you?” Belle spoke softly as they sat comfortably together, Aden’s arm wrapped around his wife’s shoulders whilst Belle rested her hand gently on Aden’s leg.

“Oh, I ... erm ... after work I ... went to the library ... to study” he spoke, referring to working a shift in the diner and then studying for his course at university, the course that would eventually allow him to qualify as a doctor.

“The library?” Belle questioned, raising an eyebrow. “Really?”

“Yeah” Aden murmured, playing with a strand of Belle’s hair.

“Hmm” she mumbled. “Well it’s funny but I spoke to Rachel today. She said that she saw you going out of Summer Bay” Belle told him, turning to face him and make eye contact with him.

He swore before groaning.

“Aden, come on, whatever it is, wherever you went, you can tell me. We’re married, we’re a couple, a team ... please” she begged.

Aden shook his head. “You’re gonna hate me. I went ... I saw ...” he paused, taking a deep breath before continuing. “I went to see ...”

Belle shook her head. “No” she whispered. “No, you didn’t ... not, not Angelo?” she asked before whimpering as Aden pulled her closer.

He nodded. “I’m so sorry baby” he whispered. “But I had to.”

Belle pulled away from him and stood up, heading into the kitchen, closely followed by Aden. “Just don’t, Aden, not yet” she whispered as she had her back to him, facing the shelves, tears pooling in her eyes.

“Baby” Aden whispered, as he slowly approached her, wrapping his arms around her waist, a small bump signalling her pregnancy. He rested his head on her shoulder. “I’m sorry. But I had to. I had to see him ... to see him in there and know that he was going through hell.”

“He doesn’t know what hell is” she spoke blankly.

“I know” Aden murmured.

“I’m scared, Aden. I’m scared for me, for our baby ... I’m terrified for you” she murmured, before choking on a sob as Aden pressed kisses onto the back of her hair.

“Oh sweetheart, I can look after myself ... and I want to look after you and our baby. I promise you that I will protect you. You don’t need to be scared for me.”

Belle nodded. “I’m the one Angelo wants and he wants to hurt you to get to me ... I don’t want him to hurt you ... I love you.”

“I’d never let him hurt me baby ... I’ll always be here to protect you, you know that don’t you?”

Belle nodded, sniffling softly.

“Come on” Aden murmured as they headed back to the lounge and sat on the sofa. Putting a disc into the DVD player, the couple sat on the sofa, snuggled up once again.

Aden had decided to put on a comedy movie, Belle having fallen asleep within half an hour due to being tired, worked up and pregnant. After an hour, Aden decided to turn the movie off, checking the doors were locked before lifting Belle gently in his arms and carrying her upstairs to their bedroom.

Gently lowering her onto the bed, he removed her slippers, and seeing as she was already in her pyjamas, pulled the covers up to her chest before climbing in the other side of the bed.

“I love you wife” he murmured softly as he pulled her into him, holding her body tightly against his own in a bid to protect her and comfort her.

“I love you too husband” Belle smiled softly as she nuzzled into Aden’s chest as they both fell asleep in each other’s arms.

END FLASHBACK

Archived