Family Matters

Guest HighwayUnicorn

Well....As always i loved it!!!!

Whilst i can't blame Belle for...distracting :wink: herself with Aden, i really, really think that she shouldn't be keeping this Angelo business from him!! Hopefully he'll find out before something bad happens and we can get a bit of protective Aden or....Ooooo bad boy/angry Aden :ph34r: ....directed towards Angelo obv, not Belle!!!

I also hope she listens to Aden about the no more babies thing....again can't blame a girl for trying because let's be honest, who wouldn't want to make babies with him!! But we want Belle alive and kicking and more babies might compromise that so Belle....listen to Aden!!!!!

Can't wait to see what happens next!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER ELEVEN

FLASHBACK

“Are you sure though mum? I mean, don’t you think it’s a bit expensive?” Danielle asked.

Belle smiled, shaking her head. “Babe, nothing is too expensive when it comes to having your disco, okay? It’s the end of your exams soon and you deserve to let your hair down and celebrate. I think you look gorgeous and if you like it, you’re having it” she told her daughter as Danielle stood in the changing room, running her hand down the dress and flattening the material.

“And you don’t think I look fat?”

Belle bit her lip and shook her head. “You could never be fat. You have my metabolism” she laughed, as Danielle copied her actions. “Seriously sweetheart, you’re beautiful.”

They finally headed towards the cashier after Danielle changed into her other outfit, carrying the dress with her and placing it on the counter. The couple stood there, Belle handing over the money to the member of staff working at the shop, before they both left.

“Right” Belle spoke as she placed her purse in her bag and looked up at her daughter. “Shoes and accessories?” she questioned, knowing what was needed next as he daughter nodded, agreeing.

Within another couple of hours, Belle and Danielle had bought the accessories they needed for the school disco which was due to commence within the next few weeks.

“Sweetheart” Belle began, reaching into her handbag which hung loosely over her shoulder, pulling out a set of keys. “I just need to use the bathroom, okay? You get in the car” she spoke, handing her daughter the keys, “and take this lot back. I won’t be long” she added, before Danielle nodded as she took the bags from her mother.

Belle began to head towards the supermarket in the high street, aware that she could use the facilities they had to offer. She gradually made her way towards the corridor before entering through the door and into the bathroom.

After a few moments, she exited the cubicle and came to the sinks to wash her hands. Pushing the dispenser, the soap squirted onto the hands and she placed them under the warm water before looking up and into the mirror.

“Hi, Belle” the voice spoke, the figure standing by the entrance, leaning against the door.

Belle pulled her hands out from under the running water, turning around to face the figure.

“How did you know I was here?” she whispered as fear engulfed her.

He sighed. “Oh Belle. I just can’t keep my eyes off you. Did you have fun shopping with your pretty little daughter? I must admit, she is gorgeous. She takes after you” he smiled.

“I swear Angelo, if you touch her ...” Belle trailed off.

“What? Lover boy will come running will he?” he asked sarcastically.

“Just stay the hell away from me and my family” she told him.

Silence suddenly filled the room as Angelo slowly approached Belle, almost as though he was heading towards her like she was his target, his prey. He pushed a strand of hair from her face, trapping her in the corner of the units. “We had something Belle” he murmured.

“You raped me” she whispered, terrified, trapped and with nobody to help her.

“We made love. I had to have you before he did. I still want you” he murmured, his eyes wandering down her body before meeting her eyes once again. Pressing his body up against her, he began to tug at the buttons on her dress, his hand holding one of her wrists, his nails digging into her.

“Get off of me!” she exclaimed, before kneeing him in the groin. As he doubled over in pain, Belle instantly took the opportunity to escape from her attacker’s clutches, running towards the door before heading out of the supermarket. She regained her posture and headed to the car park where Danielle was sat in the car, awaiting the arrival of her mother.

END FLASHBACK

“Belle?”

“Huh?” Belle suddenly questioned, looking up at her husband as he entered the room.

“God, Belle. You’re really out of it. Are you okay?” Aden asked, pressing a hand on his wife’s forehead, only for Belle to shrug him off.

“I’m fine” she muttered as she toyed with the rim of her mug she held in her hand.

"You don’t seem fine.”

“Just leave it, Aden” Belle murmured.

Aden shrugged, sitting down beside his wife and placing an arm around her. “Okay” he muttered, not wanting to upset Belle anymore, but he knew they would have to talk about her emotions at another time. “Anyway, I asked how your shopping trip went.”

Belle turned to face her husband and smiled slightly. “It was good” she told him softly. “We managed to get everything. The dress, the shoes, the accessories. We had lunch out ... what time is dinner?”

Aden looked at his watch. “Erm, not until about 8pm seeing as we all ate lunch quite late home here” he replied, his watch now reading 6pm.

“What did you guys do at home anyway?” Belle asked, intrigued as to what her husband and the other children had gotten u to on their Saturday.

“Homework this morning” Aden smiled as his other hand came to rest on Belle’s knee, tenderly stroking it. Although the urge for Belle to remove it was strong, she resisted, unsure of how to explain her ordeal with Angelo earlier in the day and she knew her behaviour would have been questionable. “And then we went to the beach for a bit, surfing, ice-cream, sun-bathing. Just the usual stuff.”

"We haven’t all been to the beach in ages, you know? The last time we actually spent the day on the beach as a family was when Olivia was only a few weeks old.”

Aden nodded, before each of them reminisced about that event.

FLASHBACK

“And how amazing is it that you, my beautiful, gorgeous, sexy wife can look like that after having five children?” Aden asked seductively as Belle lay sprawled across the towel in her bikini as she sun bathed.

“It’s only for you, Mr Jefferies. I wouldn’t care so much about my appearance otherwise” she giggled. “What are all the kids doing anyway? I must have dozed off for a couple of minutes” she spoke softly.

“A couple of minutes? Babe, you’ve been asleep for a couple of hours now. This little one probably needs a feed though. You’ve been just as lazy as your mummy, haven’t you sweetheart?” Aden spoke to his youngest daughter.

“Oh, okay. Give her to me and I can feed her now actually” Belle murmured, turning around to make sure the windbreak was still placed into the ground to ensure herself some privacy as she lowered her bikini top before Olivia began to suckle.

“Lilly-Regan Jefferies!” Aden suddenly shouted. “Don’t go too far out!”

The young, six year old girl turned to face her father, wearing her pink spotted swimming costume and holding a bucket in one hand. She nodded, confirming that she had heard her dad’s request.

“The sea is pretty calm though, babe. She should be okay. And besides, Danni and Jayden are there.”

“I know. But ...”

“You’re very protective of them?” Belle smiled as Aden nodded.

“And of you.”

Belle nodded. “I know. That’s one of your best qualities” she told him as they leant towards each other and pressed their lips together. “Go and have fun with them, babe.”

“Huh? Wh- you mean, go and ...” Aden began.

“Yes, go and play with them. How often do we come to the beach and how often do you get a day off work?” Belle asked rhetorically as Aden nodded in agreement.

“And you’ll be okay here?” he asked her.

“Of course I will. Here” she handed him the fishing nets. “Go to the rock pools as well if you want” she told him with a smile. “Me and Livvie will have enough fun watching you.”

After a few hours of Aden joining in the fun with Lilly, Tyler, Jayden and Danielle, the family progressed to heading towards the small corner shop and buying an ice-cream, before finally returning home to have a relaxing evening in front of the television and watching a movie.

END FLASHBACK

“Next weekend maybe?” Aden suggested.

“Yeah” Belle smiled. “Next weekend.”

“Hmmm” Aden murmured as he closed his eyes. “And I think with Lilly’s obsession with Finding Nemo over, we can actually watch a good movie.”

“Babe, she watches Finding Nemo practically every day. When I went up to see her earlier, she was in bed, sucking her thumb and watching it. Oh, and she had Nemo and Dory with her” she smiled, referring to the soft toys that Lilly often had in her bed with her of a night time.

“Oh dear” Aden murmured. “How many years will we have to put up with it?” he asked jokingly as Tyler came running down the stairs.

“Mummy, can I have a milkshake please?” he asked her.

Belle turned to Aden. “What’s for dinner?”

“Chicken and vegetables” he replied, opening his eyes to look at his wife, who stood up from the sofa and took hold of Tyler’s hand, leading him through the kitchen.

“You had better eat all of your dinner mister” she told him as she searched the cupboards for the powder for banana milkshake. Reaching into the cupboard, she pulled out the box before placing it on the side and heading towards the fridge and collecting the carton of milk.

“I will mum, honest” Tyler told her with a sweet smile. “I missed you today mum. Are you coming to the beach next time? Dad said we need to do it more often” he said.

Belle nodded. “I know darling” she spoke as she mixed the powder and milk together. “And I will come next time but me and Danni had to buy the dress for the school disco.”

“Oh” he muttered.

“What are you doing upstairs anyway Tyler?”

“Watching Toy Story” he announced simply as Belle smiled, looking down at his Toy Story pyjamas.

“I should have guessed” Belle laughed. “Here you go babes” she murmured, holding out the drink to him. Be careful not to spill it please.”

“I won’t” he told her, taking the cup with both hands and holding it tightly as he headed back through the living room and upstairs, Belle following but stopping when she entered the living room. She sat down on the sofa once again next to her husband and sighed.

“Is there anything good on the tele that we can watch?” Belle asked as Aden took the remote and turned it on. “No!” she cried, “not the football. Please, not the football.”

“Why not? You never complain when I’m the one running around on the pitch in a pair of shorts and usually no shirt, kicking a football around.”

“What do I have to complain about? I don’t necessarily watch the game. I watch you.”

“Oh, really?” he asked biting his lip. “That’s really cheeky, perving on me” he smiled, before tickling Belle, causing her to sequel within his hold.

“No, no, Aden I’m sorry! I didn’t mean it!” she giggled, struggling to speak.

Aden suddenly cursed when a knock at the door caused him to stop. “Saved by the bell” he said to his wife as she laughed.

“It wasn’t the bell” she pointed out. “They knocked.”

“Don’t start” Aden smirked as Belle regained her original position on the sofa, recoiling into the corner of it and pulling her legs up to her chest as Aden stood up and headed towards the front door.

Slowly, Aden trailed across the living room, before reaching the door and taking hold of the handle. In one swift movement, he pulled the handle down and opened the door, shocked at the arrival of their visitor.

“What the hell are you doing here?”

:angry: Angelo!!!!!!! how dare you touch Belle, how dare you follow Belle...

Belle you NEED to tell Aden what is going on... dont try and hide it from him.... he needs to know!!! :unsure:

Beautiful chapter... the emotions were spot on, in both chapters! Belle and Dani's relationship is awesome, so natural :)

Amazing chapters.... please update soon!

CHAPTER TWELVE

“Well, nice to see you as well little bro” the other person spoke sarcastically as Belle soon approached behind Aden, a shiver having tingled down her spine as she feared it was the one person she didn’t want to see.

“J ... I can’t believe it. Justin” Aden stammered. “Jay ... wow ... it’s ... wow.”

“Been a long time, huh?” Justin spoke, raising an eyebrow. “Gonna introduce me?” he murmured as he noticed the female figure behind his brother.

“Huh? Oh, yeah ...” he began, having been so wrapped up his brother’s return to the Bay. Moving aside, he placed an arm around Belle, encouraging her to move forward as she carefully approached Justin. “Belle, this is my brother, Justin. Justin, this is my wife ... Belle.”

“Pleased to meet you Belle” Justin spoke politely, holding out a hand to shake hers.

“And you, Justin” Belle shook the hand he offered. “Erm ... would you like to come in?” she asked, before looking at Aden who nodded.

“Yeah, mate, come in ...” Aden smiled, allowing his brother to enter before closing the door behind him. “So ...” he began, leading him to the sofa as Belle exited the lounge and entered the kitchen. “How are you?”

“I’m not too bad. Yourself ... well actually, you seem to be doing pretty well don’t you? Nice little apartment, a wife, gorgeous as well” Justin winked as Belle entered the room and handed both Aden and Justin a glass of whisky, before perching herself on the sofa next to Aden, opposite Justin.

“Well, yeah. Life’s pretty awesome” Aden grinned as he took Belle’s hand in his own. “I’m a doctor now ...”

“A doctor? Wow” Justin exclaimed. “You? Is this really the Aden I know? Failing every subject he took?” he laughed. “Nah, mate, I’m joking. Wow ... I’m just, chuffed for you.”

“You think that’s amazing” Belle began, “you should see his martial arts. Black belt in karate” she told him confidently.

“Remind me not to get on your bad side” Justin laughed jokingly.

Aden nodded and smiled. “Yeah, it was pretty hard work to get where I am now but you know, it just happened and I love it. What have you been doing with yourself ... after ... after you left?” he asked.

Justin quickly gulped the remaining liquid in his glass before speaking. “I’ve been in the army since I was eighteen.”

“What?!” Aden exclaimed, leaning forwards instantly.

“Aden” Belle warned. “Don’t. The kids are upstairs” she added.

“Children?!” Justin questioned excitedly, changing the subject. “How old? Names?” he enquired as Belle replied in an attempt to allow Aden to calm his temper at Justin’s recent shock revelation.

“Erm, Jayden was our first. He’s seventeen. Then we had Danielle, she’s fifteen. Tyler was next and he’s ten. And then we had Lilly who’s eight. We did stop then because we had two of each but ... well, there was a slight accident and we had Olivia. She’s three now.”

“Wow. So you have been busy then, Aden. A doctor, five children, a wife, a nice apartment ... everything’s perfect in your life isn’t it.”

“Far from it” Aden murmured as he looked at his brother, the anger that had filled his face a few moments ago still remaining. “So ... the army. You went into the army after that piece of sh ...” he paused, biting back the swear word that was about to roll off his tongue. “Did he?” he asked Justin gently.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about” Justin spat out, placing his empty glass on the coffee table in front of him.

“I think you do” he murmured as Belle pressed a kiss to Aden’s cheek and exited the lounge, heading upstairs to bed after sensing the pair needed privacy.

“He did, didn’t he?” Aden asked delicately as Justin closed his eyes. “Jay ... I ... you ...”

“If I had known that he would do it to you too, I would never have left. Is that when ...” he paused, trailing off and waiting for Aden to answer the question.

"Yeah” he murmured as a tear trailed down his cheek. “How did you cope? Who helped you get through it?”

Justin emitted a breathy laugh. “Nobody. I was trained in the army to be strong and independent. I couldn’t have told anyone there. You?”

Aden shrugged. “Belle ... I told her, then I told Roman ... he’s like a dad to me. I left home and lived with Roman after an argument between me and dad. But it was mostly Belle that helped me through it, as well as counselling sessions that the other local doctor, Rachel, set up for me.”

“Belle sounds like an amazing chick. But how did you open up to a girl, mate? Seriously, weren’t you ashamed ... embarrassed?”

“Of course I was Jay but ...”

“No! Angelo! Get off me!” Aden heard Belle’s voice scream. He instantly jumped up from the sofa and headed upstairs, followed by Justin.

“Belle, hey, hey, sweetheart” Aden murmured as he entered their bedroom and gently took hold of her body and cradled her in his arms, as she slowly awoke from the nightmare she was experiencing. He gently untangled the quilt from her body in which she had obviously thrashed around in during the nightmare.

“It’s dark” she moaned loudly, Justin instantly using his instincts and turning on the light, pressing the switch on the wall beside him, as he observed Aden comforting Belle, wondering what was going on. “You weren’t there” she murmured softly, as she took Aden’s hand and held it tightly, grasping his forefinger.

“Shhh” he hushed her. “I’m here now baby, I’m here” he muttered as he tenderly stroked her face. “You ready to talk?” he asked after a moment, Justin continuing to stand in the doorway of their bedroom.

Belle nuzzled her head into Aden’s chest. “He did it again” she choked out the sob as Aden gently rocked her in an attempt to sooth her. “He did it again and you weren’t there” she moaned pushing herself away from her husband, forcing her petite frame out of his hold. She regained herself before standing up on the other side of the bed, as Aden copied, symmetrically, standing on the opposite side of the bed to his wife, being closest to Justin.

“You didn’t stop him” he moaned, whimpering afterwards as she approached Aden, before hitting out at him, pushing hard against his chest.

“Belle” he warned, as to calm her down. “Belle, stop it” he told her firmly, taking her wrists as she whimpered, choking on sobs. “Look at me” he told her softly, before cupping her face in his hands. “Look at me” he repeated, as she slowly made eye contact with him. “He can’t ever hurt you again, okay? I promise you” he told her.

Belle nodded gently, before choking on more sobs and falling into his embrace, resting her hands on his chest. Aden pressed soft kisses into her hair, before looking over at Justin and nodding at him, signalling for the two to have privacy.

Taking Belle’s hand, he led her towards the bed, encouraging her to perch herself on the edge of it. “Are you okay now?” he asked.

Belle nodded. “I’m sorry ... I ...”

“How did you get these?” Aden asked as he rolled up her sleeve, noticing the bruises and cuts on Belle’s wrist, Belle snatching her hand away from him and pulling the sleeve of her cardigan back down. “Come here” he murmured, before leading her to the en suite. She sat on the edge of the bath and Aden searched for the first aid box in the cabinet.

“Where’s Justin?” Belle asked.

“Downstairs” Aden replied, answering her question. “Here” he murmured, taking an anti-septic wipe from the box and gently dabbing the sores on her wrist. A small gasp that emitted from Belle was all the confirmation he needed to know that he was hurting her. “Sorry” he muttered. He threw the wipe in the bin, before wrapping the sores in a small, white bandage. When he had finished administering the first aid, he placed the box back, before kneeling in front of Belle. “How did you get them?” he asked.

Belle offered him a slight smile, though the tears that blurred her vision was enough to portray her true feelings. Gently placing her hand on Aden’s cheek, she caressed it, Aden covering it with his own hand and smiling at her.

“You can tell me you know” he smiled at her, hoping it would give her the encouragement she needed.

Belle shrugged. “I don’t want to worry you” she began before looking away from Aden. Turning back, she tried again. “When I went shopping with Danni today ... I ...” she choked on a sob.

“Can you give me a description of the guy, at least?” he asked gently, knowing that she may not be prepared to inform Aden of the full story.

“Angelo” she whimpered.

A silence fell between the couple as Aden stared at her in shock. “No ... he ... but you ...” he moaned, standing up and pacing around the en suite.

“I saw him, Aden” she whimpered once again. “That time when you didn’t believe me” she reminded him.

"Yeah, but you ... he didn’t ... you would have told me if he came up to you ... you said you saw him after your counselling session. You mean, you’ve seen him since? Jesus, Belle. Why the bloody hell didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I didn’t want to worry you” she whispered, tears continuing to fall from her eyes as she looked down. She hated seeing Aden angry but she knew his anger wasn’t directed towards her, but towards Angelo instead.

“Worry me? God ...” he began before kneeling in front of his wife and taking her hands in his. “You must have been so scared” he whispered before cupping her face in his hands. “What did he do Belle?” he asked, dreading the answer but needed to know what had happened.

Belle looked away for a second, before making eye contact with him once again. “He ... he saw me in the ice-cream parlour with Lilly ...” she began and told him the story of the first time she had contact with Angelo in seventeen years.

Aden placed his hand over his mouth in shock. “Well ... I can understand you keeping quiet Belle but how did Lilly ...”

“I told her to” Belle cried.

“What?!” Aden exclaimed, standing up and pacing around the room again.

“I ... I’m sorry ... I just told her not to tell you ...”

“What the hell did you do that for? You ... she ... she’s eight, Belle! She doesn’t understand what she’s seeing ... him kissing you ... she must have been so confused” he told her, rubbing his temple in frustration.

“Please, Aden. Don’t do this ... this isn’t my fault ...” she trailed off.

“No, Belle, it’s not” he told her firmly. “But you don’t need to tell our daughter that she can’t tell anyone ... keeping that secret ... what good was that going to do anyone?” He paused, before questioning Belle once again.

“And that’s how you got the bruises?”

Belle shook her head. “No. I saw him again.” Belle recalled the story of when she had taken Danielle shopping for her prom dress and that Angelo had followed her into the bathroom. She mentioned her narrow escape and before long, had finished the story of how the injuries to her wrist were sustained.

Aden stood at the other side of the room in shock, taking in the information and processing it. After moments of silence, Belle spoke again.

“God, Aden. I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry about Lilly but please, just say something” she murmured.

Aden shook his head. “I don’t ...” he began, unsure of what to say as his guilt increased. In one swift movement, he exited the en suite and entered back through to the bedroom. Belle quickly followed, staring at him intently. “I’m sorry, Belle ... I know this isn’t your fault, okay? Don’t get me wrong on that but I just can’t be near you at the moment, knowing you made out daughter lie about something as serious as this” he told her.

“Fine” Belle muttered heading towards the bed. Aden turned to take a quick look at her before exiting the room. “No!” she sat up quickly in bed as Aden put his hand towards the light switch. “Keep it on” she told him softly. Sleeping alone was bad enough but she couldn’t bear to be in the dark again.

Aden nodded, leaving the light switched on, before heading back downstairs to Justin.

Such a great chapter!!

Was not expecting it to be Justin at the door!!! I think it'll be a good thing for Aden having him there, somebody he can turn to for support!

So glad that Belle finally told him what has been going on with Angelo, his reaction made me sad but i'm sure once he has processed it he'll be the loving, protective Aden we all know and love!

Can't wait for more :D

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Belle awoke in the middle of the night, shivering as the cold automatically hit her. With the lamp giving off light on the bedside table, she climbed out of the bed, swinging her legs over the side, Aden once again nowhere to be seen. Heading over to the door, she reached for the silk dressing gown that hung on the hook and wrapped it around her petite frame, wearing the dressing gown over the silk nightdress.

It had been a week since Belle and Aden had argued, yet neither of them were on talking terms. Belle had made an effort, but Aden always worked later shifts as often as possible. On the night of their heated argument, Aden had explained everything to Justin, including how they met and how he encouraged her to leave Angelo after the discovery of the abuse towards Belle. Justin had been very sympathetic towards Belle and within moments of building a positive relationship, invited him to stay with them at the apartment and vacate the spare bedroom, as opposed to staying at the caravan park.

Belle soon approached the kitchen, leaning against the door frame as she observed her husband who was sat at the table, his muscular, bare chest broad, as he downed another glass of whisky. She gently approached him from behind, wrapping her arms around his chest and caressing it softly, pressing a kiss to his neck.

“Do I need to worry about you and your drinking?” she asked.

“Just go away, Belle” Aden muttered as he poured another glass out for himself.

“Don’t do this” she told him softly. “You hated your dad because of this and you’re gonna turn out like him if you carry on like this.”

“Stop trying to get into my mind” he stammered.

“You’re drunk” she told him simply, pulling away from him and heading round the table to face him.

“What a revelation!” he exclaimed. “Wow. So my dear wife is intelligent enough to realise that! Yet ...” he stammered, drunkenly holding up the glass of whisky before downing it once again, “she has to force our daughter to keep a secret ... a lie. Not that intelligent are we Belle. And you kept it from me because of what? You were worried I was gonna be angry at you? Or kill him? Because maybe you and Angelo should still be together. Maybe, Belle .... oh, wait, babe, do you still love him?” he spoke cheerily, before his behaviour returned to what it originally was.

Belle instantly reached across the table, grabbing the bottle of whisky.

“No!” Aden screamed as Belle headed towards the sink. He headed towards her, attempting to snatch it from his hand, pulling it away from her, yet Belle wouldn’t release her firm grip on it. “I paid for it!” he yelled.

“Aden, let it go” she told him firmly, yet not raising her voice, not wanting to awake the children and alarm them. “Ouch!” she suddenly exclaimed, as the bottle, which was held over the sink smashed into tiny pieces, shattering. Blood began to seep through the cut in Belle’s hand as Aden recoiled in shock and swore.

“Belle ...” he began, gently approaching her and taking her hand before examining it. “Come here” he muttered, holding underneath the tap which he soon began running. Tears stung at Belle’s eyes as the water flowed against her palm, blood trickling down into the sink. “Okay” he murmured. “You’re okay.” Once he had washed the cut, he placed a tea towel around it, wrapping it around her palm securely before leading her upstairs and into their ensuite.

Seating her on the edge of the bath, he reached into the first aid box for a dressing, before applying it to her hand.

“I hate you” Belle murmured.

Aden sighed.

“I know.”

“No, you don’t” Belle told him calmly. “I hate you. You promised.”

Aden nodded, pressing a kiss to the bandaged hand, before following Belle out of the ensuite and into their bedroom as she perched herself on the edge of the bed. The chill beginning to cause him to shiver, Aden pulled on is robe, before taking a seat beside her and wrapping an arm around her waist, Belle resting her head on his shoulder.

“I know I promised” he began, knowing what his wife was referring to. “I promised he would never hurt you again. And he has. I hate me” he moaned. “Do you not think it haunts me every day, Belle? I couldn’t protect you from being raped.” Belle shivered as he mentioned the words, reality kicking in once again, as Aden grasped her tightly, wrapping his arms around her and pressing soft kisses into her hair. However, she soon pulled away and climbed into bed. “You were right ... I am as bad as Angelo, if not worse.”

Belle sighed. “No, Aden. You’re not. I was a complete bitch for ever saying that to you. And you can’t blame yourself for not protecting me. I know I have thrown that at you, God, I just did a moment ago and I know I tell you that I hate you for it but it isn’t your fault. It’s the worst thing I can say to you to hurt you. You know that” Belle told him, sighing once again as he nodded.

“I know” he murmured into the darkness. “It still doesn’t make it any easier Belle. He frightened you and he had no right to do that either.” He paused before speaking again. “Anyway” he began, “you need to get some rest.” He leant towards Belle and pressed a kiss to her cheek. “Night sweetheart” he murmured as he headed back towards the door.

“Aden” Belle began softly.

“I know” he laughed breathily. “Leave the night light on.”

“No” she told him. “Hold me” she whispered softly, sniffling.

A smile graced Aden’s lips as he heard the words he had longed to hear. He knew he was partly to blame for the argument that had occurred within the last week, yet he hadn’t forgiven himself for leaving Belle alone at night, knowing what her mental state was like. “Of course” he murmured, as he climbed into the bed next to her, throwing the quilt over his muscular body. He pulled his wife into his arms before pressing kisses into her hair.

“Love you husband” Belle whispered softly as her head rest against Aden’s chest, his breathing soft.

“Love you too wife.”

“No, Lilly, that’s all we have left ... Lilly! I want them!” Tyler screamed at his younger sister as she began to cry.

“Whoa guys, what’s going on?” a voice sounded as they entered the kitchen and saw the youngsters arguing.

“Uncle Justin” Lilly sobbed as she threw herself into his arms. “T-Tyler won’t let me have the coco pops!” she cried as Aden and Belle entered the kitchen hand in hand.

“Okay ...” Justin began as he turned to look at Aden and Belle.

Aden smiled and nodded. “We get it every week. We should really buy more cereals to be honest Jay but they love this one” Aden told him, as he took the cereal box from Tyler, Belle seating herself on the chair, Lilly suddenly seeking comfort from her mum.

“Sweetheart” Belle began, “how about, I go shopping at the supermarket and I can buy more coco pops ... a whole box” she grinned. “And you can even have some at dinner” she smiled as Lilly’s sobs subsided.

“Really mummy? I can have coco pops for breakfast and dinner now?” she asked.

Belle shrugged. “Not every day sweetheart because we need to eat our yummy vegetables ...”

“Yuck, speak for yourself Belle” Justin laughed, earning himself a nudge from Aden.

“As I was saying Lilly, you can have it sometimes, okay?” she told her as Lilly nodded. “Now, do you want to get ready for me?”

Lilly nodded once again. “Okay mummy” she smiled sweetly, before heading out of the kitchen, skipping as she did so and running up the stairs and into the bathroom.

“And you, Tyler” Aden began. “You know the rules. You don’t snatch from your sister, okay? Have you got homework this weekend mate?” he asked as he drank milk from the carton.

Tyler gasped. “Daddy! Put that down! Get a glass!” he scolded as Aden laughed, placing the milk carton on the counter of the kitchen units. “And no, I don’t have any homework” he told his dad before he too exited the kitchen and headed upstairs.

“Just like his mummy” Aden smiled, before taking a seat opposite his wife, Justin joining him as the three adults sat in silence around the table. Aden was the first to speak. “Babe ... look, I don’t want you going to the supermarket on your own ... without me.”

“And I know it doesn’t have a lot to do with me, but I don’t think going on your own ... or with Lilly is a good idea, Belle” Justin murmured.

Aden reached across the table and took Belle’s hand in his own.

“It has everything to do with you, Justin. You’re family” Belle smiled. “But I don’t want Angelo to stop me from leaving the house. I can’t live in fear anymore ... I don’t want him to win.”

“And he won’t sweetheart because as long as I’m with you, he can’t hurt you, okay?” Aden murmured as Belle nodded. “So you’ll let me come with you?” he asked softly as Belle nodded.

“The kids?” Belle suddenly asked.

“I’ll take care of them” Justin offered.

“Jay ... I couldn’t ask you to do that ...”

“Seriously guys” Justin smiled as he looked at Aden, “I’d love to. And then I get to know my nieces and nephews a lot better. We can spend time watching a film, playing games, homework, you know. It’ll be fun” he smiled.

“As long as you’re sure ...” Belle began.

“Belle” Justin smiled. “It will be my pleasure.”

“Wow, Belle, seriously. That was just ... amazing” Aden smiled as he wrapped the towel around his abdomen, his bare chest showing as Belle tightly wrapped the towel around her petite frame as they both stepped out of the shower together.

“Yes ... it was” Belle smiled, her arms snaking around his neck as Aden wrapped his arms around his wife’s waist. “And it’s only 11am” she murmured. “But ... we do need to hurry up and get a move on because I think Lilly and Tyler want their breakfast for at least tomorrow” she laughed.

The couple continued to get ready for the trip to the supermarket, Belle applying her makeup, curling her hair and pulling on her dress as Aden pulled on a pair of black trousers and a white shirt.

They left by lunch time and began to shop at the supermarket.

“Okay, so we have the cereals ... what else?” Aden asked as he pushed the trolley, Belle examining the shelves as they started down another empty aisle. “Bread?” he suggested.

“Lemons, flour ... Jayden hasn’t had pancakes in a while. He mentioned them the other day” she murmured as she took the flour from the shelf and placed it in the trolley. “Sugar” she muttered as quickly headed towards the end of the aisle, leaving Aden slowly trailing behind.

As she approached the end of the aisle to collect the sugar, a figure appeared, turning around the corner from the other side of the aisle.

“Belle” Angelo spoke enthusiastically.

“Aden” Belle turned and looked at Aden, who was already heading fiercely towards her, leaving the trolley at the other end of the aisle.

“Get the hell away from her” Aden growled, placing his hands on Belle’s hips, standing to the side of her, pressing a kiss to her hair to let her know he was there for her. “Belle’s told me what you did last week. And I’m gonna repeat exactly what she said to you. Stay the hell away from my family” he told him firmly, before taking Belle’s hand in his own and leading her away from Angelo.

“She’ll still be mine, Aden” Angelo shouted down the aisle as Belle and Aden continued to walk away from. “She’ll always be mine and I will have her again” he told them firmly.

Within an instant, Belle turned around on the spot and began to head back towards Angelo. Aden gently took her wrist as she leant forwards slightly, his other arm wrapping itself around her waist for support.

“No, Angelo ... I’ll never be yours because I don’t love you. I don’t want you. I never have” she began, as Aden gently tugged at her petite frame. One look from her was all he needed to realise that she was okay, allowing her to continue her rant for a moment. “You stay away from Aden and my children” she threatened, before he walked away, a broad grin forming on his lips.

“Come on” Aden murmured as he led Belle back towards the trolley, holding her hand tightly.

“He’s only doing it to hurt you, you know” she told him.

“I know” Aden murmured. “I took you away from him. The one person he wanted and claimed to love” he snorted at the statement. “The one person he could control and I took you from him. That doesn’t make it right to hurt you though, Belle” he told her.

Belle nodded. “I know but if he hurts me, then he knows it hurts you.”

“Promise me something, Belle. Just ... please, you really scare me when you try to protect yourself like that. I love you when you’re feisty, you know that. But he really hurt you and I don’t want to see that happen ever again, okay?” he told her as Belle nodded and smiled.

“I’m sorry” she smiled. “Now, come on” she told him, placing a hand on the trolley. “Let’s get this food home to our children."

Once again a really briliant chapter!!

The begining was really sad :( Aden drinking to block things out was very typical of him though. Glad he finaly saw sence!!

Love that Justin seems to be settling in well :D

I had a feeling they were gonna bump into Angelo, glad Aden was there this time and go the chance to warn him off! Hope he listens and stays away!!

Looking forward to more :D

• 2 weeks later...

so i finally caught up with the updated chapters.... and... I LOVED THEM.....!

I'm glad it wasn't Angelo at the door, instead Aden's brother! great bringing him into the fic well done!

I was a bit worried there when Aden was drinking, I dont like it when they fight :( but they made up and now Aden knows everything which is goof.

It's good that even though Justin hasn't been around long that he wants protect Belle and the kids, it shows he's definitely a Jeffereies :D

Amazing... update soon!

Archived