The X Factor 2010

Guest ter06

I have no interest in the X Factor at all, but I just saw this on Digital Spy and thought all you XF fans would want to know:

X Factor Return Date confirmed......

Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue will begin their hunt for Britain's next great singing star on Saturday, August 21 at 8.30pm on ITV1.

That's the day we come back from our holidays, so my Sister willl be happy anyway.

(My excitement was only peaked because X Factor being on its way back only means SCD isn't TOO far away.!!!)

I'll leave now though, and let you all aniticipate the return. :)

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think it's going to start getting good till judges' homes airs in October. There's been too much happening on the judging panel that I dont think I will be able to enjoy it until we've got all our regular judges back where they belong!

I dont think it's going to start getting good till judges' homes airs in October. There's been too much happening on the judging panel that I dont think I will be able to enjoy it until we've got all our regular judges back where they belong!
I completely agree. I usually love the audition process, but theres noway I will be able to enjoy it half as much with all the changes..

I used always prefer the auditions until last year when I got into the live shows in a scary obsessive kind of way!! So the live shows are now my favourite part! I also read today that Louis has the overs and Dannii has the boys, where as the opposite was previously reported.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I didnt enjoy tonight's show at all. It was so obvious something was missing and that something was Dannii. I didnt watch the show before Dannii joined and I can honestly say I wouldnt watch it if she left. It just didnt have that sparkle without her and I am counting down the weeks till her return.

Also, I like that Cheryl seems to have had a personality transplant. Instead of being a people pleaser and agreeing with the crowd, she was actually honest in tonight's show, sometimes even criticising contestants without being nasty, that's what I would expect from Dannii but not from Cheryl.

To be honest, I didnt enjoy tonight's show at all. It was so obvious something was missing and that something was Dannii. I didnt watch the show before Dannii joined and I can honestly say I wouldnt watch it if she left. It just didnt have that sparkle without her and I am counting down the weeks till her return.

Also, I like that Cheryl seems to have had a personality transplant. Instead of being a people pleaser and agreeing with the crowd, she was actually honest in tonight's show, sometimes even criticising contestants without being nasty, that's what I would expect from Dannii but not from Cheryl.

I agree... I feel a bit biased saying that I didnt enjoy the show being a Dannii fan but...whatever, I didnt enjoy the show! I mean..not haivng Dannii is bad enough..but to replace her with GERI...what an insult! I also hoped they would make a biiiit more of an effort concerning Dannii's maternity leave...all we got was one pic half a second clip of Dannii holding up a baby grow that she got off GMTV...I think they played the same clip twice. Still, I was glad that Cheryl mentioned her twice..:) I dont know what it is but I loved Cheryl tonight and I usually can never make up my mind about her. She just seemed sooo...genuine or something. And that clip of her sick which will feature in upcoming episodes made me tear up a bit..she seemed so vunreable. I never thought I'd be jumping on the Cherly bandwagon..but then again I never thought I'd be a Dannii fan either! ;)

The show has received a fair bit of criticism concerning the auto-tuning saga. Im no technical genius, but even I thought to myself ''Do they have some sort of technical trick installed on the microphones?'' Im sure ye all noticed too, but for those who didn't, watch the episode again and listen to the auditions. You can here some sort of 'special effect' I suppose...I couldnt get over how obvious it sounded! :o What a rookie mistake by the producers..I hope this doesnt turn people off the show, because I have a feeling if the viewers drop by a rather substantial amount, Simon will get rid of the show and take it elsewhere.

Lily Allen has reportedly gone to twitter to vent her frustration about the show, calling the judges ''gooons''...doesnt she have some sort of fued with Cheryl actually??

I agree... I feel a bit biased saying that I didnt enjoy the show being a Dannii fan but...whatever, I didnt enjoy the show! I mean..not haivng Dannii is bad enough..but to replace her with GERI...what an insult! I also hoped they would make a biiiit more of an effort concerning Dannii's maternity leave...all we got was one pic half a second clip of Dannii holding up a baby grow that she got off GMTV...I think they played the same clip twice. Still, I was glad that Cheryl mentioned her twice..:) I dont know what it is but I loved Cheryl tonight and I usually can never make up my mind about her. She just seemed sooo...genuine or something. And that clip of her sick which will feature in upcoming episodes made me tear up a bit..she seemed so vunreable. I never thought I'd be jumping on the Cherly bandwagon..but then again I never thought I'd be a Dannii fan either! ;)

The show has received a fair bit of criticism concerning the auto-tuning saga. Im no technical genius, but even I thought to myself ''Do they have some sort of technical trick installed on the microphones?'' Im sure ye all noticed too, but for those who didn't, watch the episode again and listen to the auditions. You can here some sort of 'special effect' I suppose...I couldnt get over how obvious it sounded! :o What a rookie mistake by the producers..I hope this doesnt turn people off the show, because I have a feeling if the viewers drop by a rather substantial amount, Simon will get rid of the show and take it elsewhere.

Lily Allen has reportedly gone to twitter to vent her frustration about the show, calling the judges ''gooons''...doesnt she have some sort of fued with Cheryl actually??

Yeah, Cheryl and Lily have a long standing feud. Cheryl called Lily a chick with a d**k and Lily responded by slating Cheryl in a song. Yeah, all the judges got a huge intro and Dannii got a tiny clip. They could have at least had a video link of her saying she couldnt wait to come back. I wonder if Cheryl will keep up her new found judging style when Dannii comes back or will she go back to being a wall flower?

The autotune thing doesnt surprise me in the slightest, after being at the Dubliun auditions, it's quiet obvious for everyone to see the show is a fix from start to finish. I watch it because it's entertaining, it's definitely not the huge talent search it claims to be.

Archived