Anthony Hopkins slams young Aussie co-star Chris Hemsworth

Guest Jamey-Maria

619773-chris-hemsworth-and-anthony-hopkins.jpg

HOLLYWOOD heavyweight Sir Anthony Hopkins is reportedly causing drama on the set of his latest film, complaining about his "inexperienced" Australian co-star.

An on-set source tells the NY Daily News the Oscar winner is acting like quite the "divo" by constantly trying to "direct" Chris Hemsworth, who stars as the title character (and Hopkins' son) in the comic-book-based film.

"Anthony has not tried to hide his disapproval of Chris' acting skills," the insider says. "Chris is definitely the least-experienced actor on set, but he's trying. He respects Anthony a great deal, and it looks like he's trying to grin and bear all of his criticism."

Hopkins has also apparently criticised the film's director, Kenneth Branagh, the source reveals.

Hemsworth got his start in popular Australian soap, Home and Away before moving to Hollywood to pursue his acting career. He got a small part in the blockbuster movie, Star Trek.

---

source

Well that's quite a contrast from the other co-star if it's true. Personally I think it's sensationalised a bit much, from giving possibly constructive criticism to "slamming" him. There would be a direct quote in there if they had something concrete. Anyway I guess once these kinds of rumours/gossip come out you know you're definitley on your way to making it in hollywood. :P

Thor Co-Star Comments on Anthony Hopkins's FALSE Set Trouble

Co-star, Jaimie Alexander has posted her say on the Anthony Hopkins bashing Chris Hemsworth lie.

If you don't know by now, New York Daily posted some hard false info, stating that on the set of Marvel's Thor, Anthony Hopkins(Odin) was causing trouble on the set, criticizing the film's lead, Chris Hemsworth.

Gossip Cop reached out to a Marvel rep, who called the Daily News’ article, “100% false.” But that’s not all. We also contacted Hopkins’s wife, Stella Hopkins, who has been fielding calls for the legendary star. She told Gossip Cop the report was a “horrific, vile lie,” and that they are going to “talk to [their] lawyers.”

This didn't stop co-star, Jaimie Alexander, whose character in the film, Sif, is around Anthony & Chis a lot. She had this to say on the subject.

"Anthony and Chris get along very well and have amazing chemistry. NO divas here! Tony makes us laugh all day long. Both are great men. :)

about 1 hour ago

"Tony and Chris share such a humble spirit. They both have immense talent and it's incredible to see them side by side. :) xo

about 1 hour ago

What soothing words. I think this really confirms the true ambiance on set for Marvel's Norse adaption. Everything will be EPIC about this film, from Thor shadowing over the all-father Odin, to the battle epic scenes we're gonna be apprised of. May 6th 2011 is just too far away.

Source

---

When the words 'insider' and 'source' are used, like in that original article you know that they are probably making it up. These news sites like to create drama from lies nothing. Good to see another co-star coming out in public with support for both Chris & Anthony. As well as that statement from his wife.

What do people get out of insulting celebrities? The satisfaction of "hurting" someone who will never be able to hurt you back? Is it some kind of bully syndrome where you were insulted in your own life and so feel the need to take it out on someone who doesn't deserve it, someone who (once again) can't insult you back? It seems pretty cowardly and pathetic to me. If you're that desperate, go find some innocent seven-year old to push into the mud. At least you'll get some actual human contact out of it, which might help with your obvious insecurities.

I have to agree with Kevin here. There are 6 posts prior to emmasi's. The first two contains quotes regarding the actual subject. The next three both agree and disagree with the original quotes and the one after that mentions something about Anthony Hopkins's past which presumably the poster deemed as factual (I really don't know enough about him to know if Anthony Hopkins was an alcoholic) and goes onto compliment him IMO. So unless the moderators have actually deleted anything previously having read through the thread twice, where are the insults, the deliberate attempts to hurt people or the bullying? Could someone please point it out to me because I can't see it?

I have to agree with Kevin here. There are 6 posts prior to emmasi's. The first two contains quotes regarding the actual subject. The next three both agree and disagree with the original quotes and the one after that mentions something about Anthony Hopkins's past which presumably the poster deemed as factual (I really don't know enough about him to know if Anthony Hopkins was an alcoholic) and goes onto compliment him IMO. So unless the moderators have actually deleted anything previously having read through the thread twice, where are the insults, the deliberate attempts to hurt people or the bullying? Could someone please point it out to me because I can't see it?

I am just as lost as you!

I've read the posts over and over and the only thing that sticks out maybe is Snapp's post where he/she mentions Chris Hemsworth's "acting but I find that a fair comment. Maybe this isn't what Emmasi is even referring to...

Archived