Anthony Hopkins slams young Aussie co-star Chris Hemsworth

Guest Jamey-Maria

Regardless of whether the first or second report is true, while some criticsms of acting skills can be a good thing, it can also be a downer on the person and I think that regardliess Chris doesnt deserve repeated criticsms if that is the case.

^^ Yeah I agree that it really wouldn't be nice to have your acting put down like that and I do know that if it was me that was being critiscised I would feel just deflated and worthless. But at the end of the day as well everybody is going to get both positive and negative feedback and others will get more of 1 than the other but hey thats just life. It happens in the world and the world can be a very cruel place, whats a bit of critiscising somebodys acting skills when there are so many other horrible things happening out there. I know its still not nice but its how the world works, people have different tastes and people voice their different opinions. I know that Chris is one of your favourite actors Emmasi and its not nice to see someone you like being talked about like that and I respect your feelings on the matter. I defend my favourites as hard as I can , I guess thats all we can do and support them.

I hope I'm making sense....

Surely as an actor in the public eye though they are making themselves available for criticism? Like all plays and shows will get reviewed and the actors will expect their performances to be judged. I don't personally see anything on here that's offensive to any of the actors but I might be misunderstanding Emmasi's post; if so I'm sorry :P

It's difficult to comment on this article because I don't know which one to believe. I have my opinions on Chris's acting skills based on what I've seen him do before but I haven't seen his acting abilities for the film he's shooting now (obviously) so can't really comment. It's nice for Chris that his costars are coming out and defending him though. But this bit of publicity might actually be good for him because it will make people aware of the film and they can go and watch it and judge for themselves and it could end up giving him more fans. 'Bad' publicity is not always necessarily a bad thing.

Kat Dennings Debunks Thor Set Troubles and Crushes on Chris Hemsworth

Comic book fans are always hesitant (and more than a little critical) about movies based on their favorite characters and storylines, so when a rumor started spreading that Sir Anthony Hopkins, who will play Odin in director Kenneth Branagh's live-action Thor movie, was a tyrant on the set, critical of the acting ability of the title star, Chris Hemsworth, panic started to spread throughout the internet. Hopkins refuted the rumors, and now one of the stars of Thor, Kat Dennings has also weighed in on the rumor.

In a phone interview with MovieWeb, Dennings said that she was three weeks into production on Thor, with three more weeks to go, and that the rumors couldn't be further from the truth:

"Oh, absolutely 1,000 percent false. I don't know who would make up a story like that. It's almost comical.... No, it make no sense, none whatsoever. It's ridiculous. I never understand this part of the industry, why people actually invent things to hurt other people. It makes no sense."

Like all Marvel Studios productions, security is tight, so Dennings wasn't able to reveal much of anything about Thor, but she did admit to admiring Hemsworth quite a bit:

"I mean, I can't say too much, but I will say that it's probably been one of the most wonderful experiences I've ever had in my life. Kenneth Branagh is just incredible and so inspiring. Chris Hemsworth is incredible. My jaw just dropped watching him.... Oh, my God. I can't even... he could not be more perfect [as Thor]. I really like him a lot."

Dennings will play Darcy Lewis in Thor, a character created just for the movie.

Thor is scheduled to open May 6, 2011!

Source

--

I think this quote from the actress is spot on, "I never understand this part of the industry, why people actually invent things to hurt other people. It makes no sense." Whilst being an actor in the public eye means you are open to criticisms, isn't it better to critique a performance once the movie has been released, I doubt that Chris or any other actor would begrudge us of that. But to just believe an article that is based on rumours & hearsay as though it were fact, with no actual quotes from Anthony Hopkins or other persons from the set, is rather negative. Plus to be more inclined to believe that article & question the authenticity of the one that quotes actual co-stars present on set, sort of gives off the vibe that people seem to enjoy insulting/hurting actors for no apparent reason. As though it's the god given right of us 'normal' people to slate actors.

Its pretty well known that Anthony Hopkins, even if he never got as far as having treatment for alcoholism, lived a very fast life and got into lots of trouble when young, I've seen his interviews where he talks about it. At least, its well known to older people, like me, perhaps younger ones wouldn't know as he's so much older now and not as fashionable.

Archived