Latest H&A star heads to Hollywood

Guest Anaya

Latest H&A star heads to Hollywood

The Daily Telegraph

December 05, 2009 12:00AM

099238-todd-lasance.jpg

FOR eight weeks Todd Lasance has been juggling his Home And Away commitments with taping auditions locally for film and TV projects in Hollywood.

That's because the Logie-winner will finish on the long-running soap, following many of the show's alumni to Hollywood, on January 15.

He wants to hit the big time.

"Failure is not an option," the 24-year-old told Confidential.

"I'm willing to put in 20 years over there if I have to because this is what I want to do.''

He hopes to emulate former HAA star Chris Hemsworth, who starred in the latest Star Trek film.

---

Aww that means he'll be around till end of March/ beginning of April onscreen. Anyway you go for it Todd. I'm sure you'll do well if talent and success correlate. :P

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Failure is not an option" <-- slightly biased, but it's not a possibility either. After all, especially with having previously had a side-role in Fool's Gold, I'm sure it'll all stand to him.

Excited now, at the idea of Todd being in Hollywood :D and films :D

Todd is equally as good looking as Chris Hemsworth and IMO a much better actor, so if Chris can make it I don't see why Todd can't. I am very disappointed that he's leaving H&A so soon after Jess though - was Belle's death really necessary in that case? :(

Hmmm. Jess left the set in early May (before the Logies) and Todd is leaving 15th of January, that is actually more than 8 months later... In a soap like this when actors are coming and going all the time, 8 months are long time. Maybe it feels wrong because they haven't done much with this character after Belle died...

But I wish him all luck..., even if I wished he had stayed in Australia and moved on to other Australian shows, because a lot of Australian tv-series are shown on Norwegian television... :) Most of the stars who have gone to America, just dissapear - we never see them again :(

Todd is equally as good looking as Chris Hemsworth and IMO a much better actor, so if Chris can make it I don't see why Todd can't. I am very disappointed that he's leaving H&A so soon after Jess though - was Belle's death really necessary in that case? :(

Why couldn't she have just stuck around for another 6 months and then Adelle could leave together. 6 months would have flown by. Why could BElle have just gone to the city for a job and then Aden could have followed her a few months later. I'm sure Belle could have waited 6 months for Aden to join her in the city. We could have had some cute I miss you phone calls.

I hope Todd returns to H&A in the future though, Lincoln Lewis said he would love to return so I hope Todd does too. I mean Todd's retunred once already after having been in 6 episodes in 2005 he returned in 2007 as a regular, so I hope he returns again. H&A won;t be the same without him, it hasn't been the same since Belle lfet either.

Also, I hope that Jess decides that she might return on the future aswell and ten we could have an Adelle reunion, wouldn't mind if they reunioted off screen, as at least they could both return on the future.

Archived