The X Factor 2009

Guest Lesley_Baker

It has probably been decided weeks ago that Joe will win. The only other contestant that could have released "The Climb" as a single is probably Lucie, so I reckon Simon decided Joe would win around the time she left, which is five weeks ago. He has been constantly pushed as the most likely winner by the judges, with the constant standing ovations, and over-the-top praise. Cheryl's teary-moments over Joe all last night were vomit-inducing. She knows exactly what she is doing. Just to shake things up a bit I hope Olly wins, but I don't like him or Joe.

Next year I think they should re-vamp the whole show. Go back to the original way of auditioning people in a room with just the judges. Get rid of Dermot O'Leary, because he is so embarrassing and unprofessional as a presenter. Last night both Robbie Williams and Michael Buble couldn't understand a word he said, and a few weeks ago he called the contestant "housemates"! Get rid of the categories, and just have the twelve best singers or groups in the live shows regardless of their ages or sexes. Control the low-life audience who boo the contestants. Get rid of both Dannii and Cheryl, and maybe even Louis and bring in some new judges. Does Cheryl even need to be an X Factor judge any more? Danni needs the job, but Cheryl has got Girls Aloud, her own solo career (by the way, as much as I dislike Cheryl, I love her album! :blush:), her L'Oreal contract, not to mention a rich husband. The past two years have given her huge publicity, she might as well leave now. I think bringing Leona is as a new judge next year would be great, and maybe Gary Barlow, or one of the Spice Girls.

I don't think it was decided weeks ago that Joe would win <_<

Its clear that he has the most talent, and thats undeniable. I don't think the Climb was chosen just for Joe... every year Xfactor does power-ballads and that one happens to be a very sucessful one.

And I don't think Cheryl does put on the croc tears, she seems very attached to Joe and like most people shows emotion! :rolleyes:

As much as I like Olly, its obvious that he's going to go far and will probably do a song with Robbie which will in 6 months time be number 1. But in my opinion Joe has been consistant and modest through out the whole series.

The show doesn't need a re-vamp, though I agree I too have had enough of Dermet O'dermet, they should demote him to the extra factor and bring in Holly Willoughby as a host. :P

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So. So. gutted. There is absolutely no way that Olly should have gone through ahead of Stacey - his duet with Robbie was awful tonight and his dancing reminds me of an embarassing Dad showing his kids up at a wedding. Once again he ran off of the stage without giving a thought to two of his supposed friends who were about to have their dreams crushed. He hasn't improved at all over the whole program and he's not in the same league as the other two. No way. Stacey was incredible tonight. Definetely rooting for Joe now, I really like him and it would actually make me vomit if Olly won.

Why do I let myself get so wound up over a stupid probably fixed show. :angry:

I totally agree! Stacey's duet was by far the best and i am shocked she didn't get to the final. I have never liked Olly - to me he seems extremely arrogant and smug and last night he was quite rude. I watched it with two friends who hadn't watched any of the previous shows and they said the same straight after his first song. First impressions count. His duet with Robbie was like two men doing karoake and actually made me cringe.

I hope Joe wins now. Two years in a row for Cheryl :D

But to be honest, i don't see the winner being around for any more than a year. I don't think there's the same demand for a solo male pop star as there once was, years ago. Previous winners; Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward and Leon Jackson have all but disappeared.

Actually Shayne has a new album out next year.

So Joe won, no surprise there.

Have to say, whose bright idea was it to have "The Climb" as the winners single??? It's all fine and dandy for a teen sensation like Miley Cyrus and it's nice and pop-py, but given how the likes of Simon act as if this show is going to give us the next megstar, wouldn't it have made more sense to give them a more mature, well known, kind of song? I can't see many people that aren't familiar with Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana really knowing the song at all. If they're aiming to please everyone, they should have just gone the whole hog and released an original track.

It's a catchy song, in it's own way, but it just screams "Miley Cyrus" and "Youngsters". Neither of the versions I heard tonight were anywhere near decent and it may just be me, but Joe has moments in his voice that give me that "Nails against a blackboard" feeling. Likewise, Ollie hardly set the stage alight. It'd have been interesting to hear Stacey's version......

The sad thing is, the song will pretty much certainly top the music charts, and no doubt end up as Xmas no.1. :( I'd rather have something more festive and enjoyable. I know there's a campaign going around for Rage Against The Machine to take the top spot. Whilst it wont do any good, it'd be amazing and hilarious to see. For the last 4 years, the Xmas #1 slot has been X Factor. I'd love to see someone else come along one year and surprise everyone by topping the charts instead of them.

Joe's lovely and everything, but I can't see him lasting at all. Nor could I see Olly. I'll be surprised if - a year or 2 down the line - either of them are still around. Sounds harsh, but it's true.

Absolutely gutted Stacey went on the Saturday night. She had the best voice by far IMO. And like someone else mentioned, I would liked to have heard her version of 'The Climb'

Olly and Robbie's duet was just awful. And so was all of Olly perfomances IMO. I used to like him but over the past few weeks I really went off him and dont think he is actually that good. And I found him extremely rude when he once again ran off the stage without acknowledging Stacey or Joe on saturday night.

Joe is a good singer, but IMO he is more suited for theatre. I really dont see him being around for long.

As for 'The Climb' as the winners song. I think its a pretty bad choice.

Archived