The X Factor 2009

Guest Lesley_Baker

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ I second that motion!

I think Joe is amazing!

When Dermot called out Joe's name tonight, I screamed so much my brother thought something terrible had happened! :P

he came running into the room and everything!! Haha!!

Tightest semi-final I've seen on that show!

But Joe and Olly really deserve to be the final two!

They are the best! :)

I am so far beyond gutted that Stacey went tonight, she was truly incredible, i loved her duet with Michael Buble :wub: What a gracious young lady she was though saying she was just glad she made it to the final.

As for the 2 that are left i don't care who wins as i won't be watching tomorrow night as i don't like either of them. Without wanting to get anyones back up this is just my opinion :lol: I feel like Joe has been forced on people and they have been pushing for him to win for weeks now, to me he isn't a pop star more stage musical star and thats not what the X Factor is supposed to be looking for. And as for Olly, i've never been a fan, as i said a few weeks ago to me he comes across as really smug and full of himself and i just don't think he's nearly as good as he thinks he is.

Loved seeing George Michael on the show tonight, as someone who has been a fan for about 20+ years now it's great to see him still looking so well and still preforming as well, if not better than he always has.

SO upset Stacey didnt get through! I love her and Olly but I knew it was one of them to go- not a fan of Joe but knew he was going to go through(and will prob win) but was really hoping for Stacey to win! :( I thought she was better than Olly tonight- loved all 3 songs, the duet was SUPERB and I love love love her version of Queen! Olly was good but not as good as Stacey, and Robbie Williams messed up the start of Angels did he not?

Gutted for both Stacey and Dannii, love them both :(

Olly to win now. I dont dislike Joe, and yeah he is the best singer, but would you really go see him in concert? Also, I really really really dont want Cheryl to win again. She may be lovely but in my opinion she doesnt know much about music and is a pretty crappish mentor. She just happened to have two good catogries both years, its nothing to do with her 'talent.'

In my opinon Simon and Dannii are the only two that really now what they are talking about. Even Louis, I mean the guy has had so much success with bands in the past. But Cheryl is in no position to judge.

So. So. gutted. There is absolutely no way that Olly should have gone through ahead of Stacey - his duet with Robbie was awful tonight and his dancing reminds me of an embarassing Dad showing his kids up at a wedding. Once again he ran off of the stage without giving a thought to two of his supposed friends who were about to have their dreams crushed. He hasn't improved at all over the whole program and he's not in the same league as the other two. No way. Stacey was incredible tonight. Definetely rooting for Joe now, I really like him and it would actually make me vomit if Olly won.

Why do I let myself get so wound up over a stupid probably fixed show. :angry:

I totally agree! Stacey's duet was by far the best and i am shocked she didn't get to the final. I have never liked Olly - to me he seems extremely arrogant and smug and last night he was quite rude. I watched it with two friends who hadn't watched any of the previous shows and they said the same straight after his first song. First impressions count. His duet with Robbie was like two men doing karoake and actually made me cringe.

I hope Joe wins now. Two years in a row for Cheryl :D

But to be honest, i don't see the winner being around for any more than a year. I don't think there's the same demand for a solo male pop star as there once was, years ago. Previous winners; Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward and Leon Jackson have all but disappeared.

[ His duet with Robbie was like two men doing karoake and actually made me cringe.

The duet was pretty bad i have to admit, i think Robbie has completely lost it :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if the rumours are true, that its a Miley Cyrus song the winner is releasing?

Yes the winners song is a miley cyrus song "the Climb"

i don't know who i want to win. Joe has a amazing voice, but i think he would suit being in theatre rather than being a typical "popstar".

Olly is great entainment but his voice isn't as strong as Joe's

For once i really haven't got a clue who is going to win!!!!!

I hope they don't sing "The Climb" as that is still a relatively new song. <_< It would be better if they did a remake of a song that was 10/20 years old and has been out the spotlight never to be heard of again. It would be more of a hit! :rolleyes: Jees Simon surely you should know that!

I actually was kind of glad Stacey went last night, as much as she has loads of talent and an incredible voice I think it would be soo predictable if another girl won the show. We've got Leona and Alexandra, and they already fit into the boring too-many popstars category! There are so many female singers out there producing the same sound! I think Olly is a bit of a Justin Timberlake, and what makes him so likeable is that he has so much style and confidence you could probably pick him from the crowd. But in my opinon I think its definately Joe to win. I thought last night his song with George Michael was the best, he diffntly held his own.

Robbie let me down last night, for a start he missed his que at the beginning, and his performance over all was sloppy and kareoke.

I just hope Joe doesn't become another Leon, I may have said this already, but hopefully we'll see a lot more from him in the future. :P

It has probably been decided weeks ago that Joe will win. The only other contestant that could have released "The Climb" as a single is probably Lucie, so I reckon Simon decided Joe would win around the time she left, which is five weeks ago. He has been constantly pushed as the most likely winner by the judges, with the constant standing ovations, and over-the-top praise. Cheryl's teary-moments over Joe all last night were vomit-inducing. She knows exactly what she is doing. Just to shake things up a bit I hope Olly wins, but I don't like him or Joe.

Next year I think they should re-vamp the whole show. Go back to the original way of auditioning people in a room with just the judges. Get rid of Dermot O'Leary, because he is so embarrassing and unprofessional as a presenter. Last night both Robbie Williams and Michael Buble couldn't understand a word he said, and a few weeks ago he called the contestant "housemates"! Get rid of the categories, and just have the twelve best singers or groups in the live shows regardless of their ages or sexes. Control the low-life audience who boo the contestants. Get rid of both Dannii and Cheryl, and maybe even Louis and bring in some new judges. Does Cheryl even need to be an X Factor judge any more? Danni needs the job, but Cheryl has got Girls Aloud, her own solo career (by the way, as much as I dislike Cheryl, I love her album! :blush:), her L'Oreal contract, not to mention a rich husband. The past two years have given her huge publicity, she might as well leave now. I think bringing Leona is as a new judge next year would be great, and maybe Gary Barlow, or one of the Spice Girls.

Archived