The X Factor 2009

Guest Lesley_Baker

^ He can improve with critiscm. If he goes now then he will never improve because he doesnt have anyone helping him along the way.

What about singing lessons? That's what most people in his position would do, go for vocal coaching and learn from a professional. If everyone relied on shows like the X Factor to make them a star we wouldn't have very many!

I didnt get a chance to comment before cos of uni work but maybe singing lessons would actually be a good idea. I didnt even think of that to be honest but I still think that the judges are too harsh on him. I hope my earlier posts about Llloyd didnt come across as arrogant because that wasnt my intention.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can quite see why Simon saved Jedward <_< - I know it was deadlock but it was obvious from that moment he'd calculated it in his mind and new who was going.

He knows that with Jedward he can actually make money, its a marketing scheme; he needs a gimic.

It actually wouldn't suprise me if they won!

Of course people think they're entertaining - with the matching outfits, awful backing dancers, fancy props, wacky dance moves, flashy lights and backing music thats so loud its drownds out their awful voices.

If they actually stood there with a Mic and smoke machine singing a power ballad like all the others, they'd be dreadful and probably would have been voted out by now.

Simon probably didn't like them, but now that the cash signs have come to mind he has probably changed his mind.

Lucie shouldn't have gone but unfortunately she did.

Urrrghhh Jedward are going to be the next "high school musical"!

No, the next Ant and Dec except obnoxious.

I can quite see why Simon saved Jedward <_< - I know it was deadlock but it was obvious from that moment he'd calculated it in his mind and new who was going.

He knows that with Jedward he can actually make money, its a marketing scheme; he needs a gimic.

It actually wouldn't suprise me if they won!

Of course people think they're entertaining - with the matching outfits, awful backing dancers, fancy props, wacky dance moves, flashy lights and backing music thats so loud its drownds out their awful voices.

If they actually stood there with a Mic and smoke machine singing a power ballad like all the others, they'd be dreadful and probably would have been voted out by now.

Simon probably didn't like them, but now that the cash signs have come to mind he has probably changed his mind.

Lucie shouldn't have gone but unfortunately she did.

Urrrghhh Jedward are going to be the next "high school musical"!

No, the next Ant and Dec except obnoxious.

I don't think anyone is under the impression that Jedward are any good. Most of the people who like them know they are completely crap, but are entertained by their badly co-ordinated dancing, out of tune singing, and just how ridiculous they are generally. Jedward are so bad they are good, if you know what I mean.

The fact that they take all the criticism with good humour, smile all the time, and in all their interviews have been very good-natured, endears them to a lot of people. All of the other X-Factor contestants had have nothing but good things to say about them, and all of the judges, except for Simon, have been highly complementary of the boys' personalities. I don't know why you think they are obnoxious. They only came across as cocky in their very first audition, but ever since then they have been shown to be two genuinely lovely young guys.

Contestants like Danyl, who cried like a baby the first time the judges dared to critcise him, and Rachel, who showed absolutely no gratitude when she was saved from elimination for the second time - they are the obnoxious ones!

I don't think anyone is under the impression that Jedward are any good. Most of the people who like them know they are completely crap, but are entertained by their badly co-ordinated dancing, out of tune singing, and just how ridiculous they are generally. Jedward are so bad they are good, if you know what I mean.

The fact that they take all the criticism with good humour, smile all the time, and in all their interviews have been very good-natured, endears them to a lot of people. All of the other X-Factor contestants had have nothing but good things to say about them, and all of the judges, except for Simon, have been highly complementary of the boys' personalities. I don't know why you think they are obnoxious. They only came across as cocky in their very first audition, but ever since then they have been shown to be two genuinely lovely young guys.

Contestants like Danyl, who cried like a baby the first time the judges dared to critcise him, and Rachel, who showed absolutely no gratitude when she was saved from elimination for the second time - they are the obnoxious ones!

Yeah, I understand what you mean. We all have different opinions though.

However, I think that there are people out there who have more talent in their little fingers then these two have put together!

Why should a perfectly talented person be voted off because these two can riverdance across the stage singing "Let me entertain you!" - a lot of people who can't sing are entertaining, theres nothing special or talented about them.

And I thought the point of the show was to find talent and to highlight it. I'm sure they are lovely guys in real life, however my mind was changed about them when they grouped up in Boot Camp and stole that woman's line by singing over her. - She never got a chance. - I thought they behaved extremely obnoxious then.

Also, I'm not a Danyl fan (my grandparents are :lol: ) - But he was voted most hated in Britain, I'm sure thats bound to bruise anyone's ego and knock their confidence.

But I compeletly agree with you about Rachel, although she could sing.

Although they couldn't sing (as I think everyone has generally realised by now :rolleyes: ) I actually liked Jedward on their very first audition. There was something about them that was likeable/amusing/terrible/different/childlike... :unsure:

I don't always get to see the Saturday show and I've gone through various phases of who my fave act was. I was always convinced Lucie, the Welsh girl, would win it (very pretty, very likeable, fantastic voice) tho my personal fave was mostly Jamie Afro and I always rated Rachel very, very highly because of that incredible voice.

But now...I've gone back to Jedward... :blush: The singing is bad, the dancing is mad, maybe I'm sad... :rolleyes: But I think they have a great future ahead of them in kids' TV and I think they've walked it. Maybe they had the X factor from the very beginning.

I was never that keen on Jedward but the reason why I want them to stay in the competition for as long as possible is because of all the stick they’ve received, hatred, booing etc. I know it’s about talent but I really couldn’t care less now to be honest. As mentioned before I don’t think any singer here is in the same league as Leona Lewis. Hell I’m not even sure all-round if they’re as good as Alexandra or JLS but that’s a matter of opinion.

Judging by what Simon said last night I think he could be slightly warming to Jedward. Or perhaps he simply admires their tenacity and the way they’ve just gone out there and tried their best week in week out regardless. I still think he would pick one of his acts over them but if came down to another scenario between them and one of Danni’s, Cheryl’s another deadlock perhaps…

Jedward were actually quite good, as opposed to wonderfully awful, last night.

Joe - pleasant, but boring.

Stacey - same as Joe.

Afro - can't stand him.

Lloyd - terrible.

Danyl - good, but scary.

Olly - dreadful, but up until now he has been good.

I hope an Over-25 goes tonight, hopefully Afro.

I thought it was funny how Simon seemed so Peeved about Sting's comment, (The X Factor is a glorified kareoke show!) :lol:

Although Joe is quite boring his vocal's were amaziing! :o I think out of the guys he has the best vocals by far!

And STACEY! - I think she has the best vocals out of all of them!

Though as much as I love Stace from Essex, my heart has been taken by Olly from Essex. :P Apparently they're supposed to be an item? Is this true?

I like Jamie, but I'm beginning to think he's a one trick pony.

I think there should be a rule that bands can enter the group sector in X factor, I think if a rock band that played instruments and had a lead singer were on the show, maybe somone like Jay afro singing it would bring up the competition by miles!

Jedward must go! Anyone that has good music taste will back me up on this.

Yes, they are slowly against my will winning me over, but lets face it, they cannot sing, if you listened to one of their pure CHEESE records on the radio it would make your ears bleed.

Archived