The X Factor 2009

Guest Lesley_Baker

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was quite shocked that Rachel went, she was good last night. I agree with Simon though, this was her third week in the bottom two, so maybe the public just was'nt warming to her.

Lloyd couldnt even speak, let alone having to sing aswell, you could tell he was really ill as when he was singing, he kept having to put his hand near his throat, he did his best though

Olly has been my favourite since his first audition :wub: , so I was really glad when Dermot read his name out that he was through, Olly was great again last night. Liked Lucie & Staceys performances aswell.

I can't believe Danyl got through after he murdered Aerosmith last night. Sure he was lacking in confidence and all that after being in the bottom two last week, but that happens and you can't let it get to you. I find him quite pathetic now.

I'm not really a fan of Rachel but she didn't deserve to go at all.

The whole show is a total farce. It's supposed to be a singing competition and John and Edward can't carry a tune. Louis has turned the whole thing into a joke.

Rant over :lol:

I can't believe Danyl got through after he murdered Aerosmith last night.

Rant over :lol:

I agree about that with Danyl, I didnt really think much to his performance last night, I dont wanna miss a thing, by Areosmith is one of my favourite songs, & when he did the high notes, it just felt like he was screaming them, rather than singing

John and Edward are being kept in by the public so this slating is just stupid. We all have our opinions about them but the fact is that they have every right to be there.

I am so glad Lloyd stayed in because contrary to a few people I know, he is a talented singer and he is 16 so not expected to be perfect!

John and Edward are being kept in by the public so this slating is just stupid. We all have our opinions about them but the fact is that they have every right to be there.
I kind of agree with what you’re saying Zetti. John and Edward do have every right to be there and I don’t think it’s fair to blame them. They’re only trying to stay in the competition. However I don’t really think the people in this thread are slating them too badly. For the most part they are simply expressing frustration because this is a talent competition and some of the better singers are not getting a shot. If anyone wants to blame someone blame Simon for all his snide remarks. As I said before every negative comment from Simon is a vote for Jedward. If you really want to lay blame perhaps you could blame it on the actual show. The whole process is essentially flawed. If they really wanted talent the public shouldn’t even have a say so (well not in the earlier rounds). I think there was a Channel4 programmed called "Unsigned" a while back where bands would perform and famous people in the music industry would decide who stayed and who went. The process was a lot more effective a selecting talent because most of the people would put aside their personal bias and make an informed decision based on the quality of music. But they won’t do that with X-factor. Why? Simple, money!

I don’t particularly like Jedward but I think someone mentioned earlier on in the thread :unsure: that no one this year is in the same league as Leona Lewis so I don’t think it makes any odds who wins. Well not to me anyway.

I agree. It's called the X Factor, not The Singing Factor. Rachel was a good singer, but she definitely didn't have The X Factor, because she wasn't likeable, and she wasn't entertaining. Jedward aren't good singers, but they are highly entertaining, and extremely likeable. The way they take all the criticism on the chin and are always positive, when others like Rachel and Danyl end up crying like babies, just shows how tough John and Edward are. They keep getting voted in every week, so they have every right to be there regardless of who gets knocked out of the competition. It wouldn't matter if they got up on the stage and just farted for three minutes, if they get voted in, they get voted in, and they've won their place on the show.

However I don't really think the people in this thread are slating them too badly. For the most part they are simply expressing frustration because this is a talent competition and some of the better singers are not getting a shot. If anyone wants to blame someone blame Simon for all his snide remarks.

I am just trying to outline the facts and I wasnt directing it to anyone in this thread, I was talking on a more general level compared to the amount of bad press they have, they cant sing that much but they are entertaining.

Archived