Having Faith

Guest LauraPhilly!!

Aw thanks for you lovely comments, Taniya and Amz!! :D

Glad your liking it!!

Here's the next chappie!

Chapter 40

"Oh Mattie, I'm not sure," said Belle, looking over the cot. "I just don't think I can leave him!"

"Belle," said Mattie putting her hands on her hips. "It's yours and Aden's anniversary, and I didn't book you a all-expenses-paid table in restaurant for nothing did I?"

"Mattie, I dunno..." said Belle, stroking Matt's cheek.

"Belle, you are going whether you like it or not," said Mattie, walking over and nudging her arm. "Matt and I'll be fine! He and I will watch House and then we'll make dinner! Faith said she would be home around 8.30 and by then I'll have the baby in bed!"

"But, it's just too long a time," said Belle, running her fingers through her hair. "I would be worrying the whole time!"

"Ok fine, you can call twice in the entire evening to check how he is," said Mattie. "Is that better?"

"No!" moaned Belle.

Mattie sighed and checked her watch.

"Look you better get ready," she said. "Aden will be home from work soon, he'll have just enough time to get ready but you'll need more than him! What are you going to wear anyway?"

"Oh just a little something I spotted today in Yabbie Creek," admitted Belle, going to her wardrobe.

"Well c'mon let's see it," said Mattie eagerly.

Belle opened the wardrobe and pulled out a beautiful purple silk dress, which shimmered in the light.

For a few minutes Mattie was speechless.

Belle smiled faded away.

"You don't like it do you?"

"No," said Mattie quickly. "No, I absolutely love it! It's so gorgeous!"

Belle nodded but bit her lip.

Mattie saw and sighed.

"Belle, you have to go! Think of Aden, think of how much this means to him! He waited a lifetime to marry you remember!"

Belle sighed.

"Yeah, and I waited a lifetime for him but I'm just scared Mattie!"

Mattie frowned.

"Scared of what?"

Belle shiugged.

"Of something happening?" she said. "I dunno I just feel that so many good things have happened lately, something bad is bound to happen!"

Mattie shook her head.

"Belle you can't think like that," she said. "You've got to savour the moment, and not live hypothetically. You have two beautiful children and a loving husband. So poeple only dream of that stuff! I know I do."

Belle looked at her sadly, and then rubbed her arm supportively.

"Don't worry Mattie," she said. "You going to meet your Mr. Perfect someday. He just hasn't found you yet."

Mattie shook her head.

"I already found him Belle," she said. "But his life wasn't to be on earth apparently."

Belle looked down awkwardly. She felt so selfish.

"All I'm saying is Belle, don't take what you have for granted. Some of us may never even have a chance at what you have."

Leaning down and picking Matt up, Mattie avoided Belle's eyes and left the room, leaving Belle feeling terribly guilty.

"Hello?" said Aden, as he walked in the back door.

"Hey!" said Mattie, from where she sat on the sofa, Matt in her arms.

"Hey mister," said Aden, bending down and tickling his son's cheek.

Matt gurgled.

"Where's Belle?" said Aden, straightening up.

"Getting ready I think," said Mattie, bouncing Matt on her knee. "She was a bit uncertain so I dunno what stage she's at."

"I'll go see if she's ok," said Aden, walking down the hall.

Knocking on the door lightly, Aden entered the room, to see Belle smoothing down her dress.

"Wow!" said Aden, looking her up and down.

Belle blushed. "Thank you. It's for tonight."

"Yeah, I guessed," said Aden, walking over.

Looking her up and down again, he smiled.

"You are so beautiful!"

Belle smiled and wrapped her arms around him, pressing up against his chest.

He hugged her tightly.

"I love you so much," she said, closing her eyes.

"Someone told me something today which made me realise how lucky I am," she said. "I take you and your love for granted and I shouldn't. I am the luckiest girl in the world to be married to you, to have my children with you."

Pulling away, she looked into his eyes.

"I love you so much, you are my life!"

Aden smiled, cupped her face in his hands and kissed her softly.

"And I will never love anyone more than you," he said. "You are reason I smile everyday. You are my reason for living."

Belle smiled.

"Now," she said. "Let's go eat!"

"Welcome to La Restaurant D'Amour," said the waiter. "Have you got a reservation?"

"Yes," said Aden, Belle's hand held tightly in his. "The reservation should be under Jefferies."

"Ah yes, Mr. Jefferies," said the waiter. "Right this way please."

He led them to a private room, away from the bubble of the other diners.

"Here we are," he said, placing two menus on the table. "Enjoy!"

"Thanks you," said Aden, as he helped Belle into her chair.

"God, Mattie really went all out," said Belle, as she read the prices on the menu. "This place costs a fortune!"

"Yeah, she really is great," said Aden. "If she hadn't spoken to my boss, I would never have got time off!"

"Yeah, she's the best friend I've ever had," agreed Belle.

"Now, let's order!" said Aden, smacking his hands togther. "I dunno about you but I'm starving!"

"Wait," said Belle, pulling out her phone. "Can I just call home to make sure everything's ok?"

Aden sighed but waited as Belle punched in their home number and put the phone up to her ear.

"Hey Mattie," said Belle. "How's everything?"

There was a pause while Mattie spoke.

"Oh that's fine," said Belle. "He should be in bed by 6.30, ok?"

Another pause.

"Ok, we'll see you later," she said.

She closed the phone and put it back in her bag.

"Ok, let's order.

"Wow, that was delicious," said Aden, as he put down his cutlery.

"Yeah, I know, wasn't it," said Belle. "That has to be the nicest chicken and broccoli back I have ever had! And that's really saying something!"

Aden chuckled and patted his stomach.

"I think I'm too full for dessert even," he said.

"Ok, well let's head home," suggested Belle. "We can take a walk on the beach maybe? It's beautiful at night."

"Sounds good," said Aden.

Gathering up their bags, and thanking the waiter they left the restaurant. As the roads were clear at night, they got back to the bay pretty quickly.

"It's crazy," said Belle, as they walked out onto the beach. "Even at night, the sand is still warm."

Aden chuckled and slipped his hand in hers.

They walked along the beach, talking, laughing, remembering old times.

"I still can't believe we're a year married," said Aden. "It really only feels like yesterday."

"Yeah, that's how I feel too!" said Belle. "It's still one of the best days of my life though."

Aden raised his eyebrows.

"What are you other best days?"

"Oh um, when Faith was born," she said. "When we got back together, and Matt's birth. Even though the last one was pretty frightening at first."

"I'll say," said Aden, chuckling.

"What about you?" asked Belle. "What are your best days?"

"Well, the first one is the day I realised I loved you," said Aden. Belle smiled and kissed his hand.

"The second being realising I had a daughter, third; getting back together with you, fourth; you agreeing to marry me and fifth; Matt's birth."

"So all pretty much the same," said Belle.

"Yeah," agreed Aden. "The same because your all in them, and in every one, I love you."

Belle rolled her eyes, but then gasped as he swept her into his arms.

"Aden, what are you doing?" she asked, squirming in his arms.

"Oh relax," said Aden, chuckling. "You know you love being up in my arms."

"Yes I do," said Belle. "But a little warning next time would be nice."

Aden chuckled.

A quiet breeze swept along the beach, raising every hair on Belle's body.

"Maybe we should go home," she said, shivering. "It's getting really cold."

"Your wish is my command," said Aden, turning and walking back to the car. "Anything else you wanna do before we go home?"

"Well," said Belle, as they neared the car. "I'm not wearing any panties!"

Let me know what you think!!

xxx

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for the lack in updates!!

This homework problem is weighing me down!

Wish I could erase the whole thing!! :P

In answer to your question Amz, Aden is finishing up work in his old job, while still working on the farm.

I probably should have made that clearer.

He officially finished now though so he can dedicate all his time to the farm!

Here's a quick sneak peak as I really haven't got time to post a full chapter!:

Belle opened her bedroom door with one hand, Matt propped up in her other.

Looking up at the clock on the wall, she saw it was 2am.

Rubbing sleep from her eyes, she made her way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

The scene in the kitchen however was not what she expected.

"Faith, what are you doing?!"

Faith was asleep, her head lying on top of an open maths book. Piles of other books and copies were stacked up on the table around her.

Hearing her mother's voice, she jumped up, shaking the table and knocking over a tall pile of books.

"Damn!" she said, bending down to pick them up.

"Faith, do you know what time it is?" asked Belle in disbelief.

"Eh...no," admitted Faith. "I think I nodded off around midnight."

"It's 2am!" exclaimed Belle. "You told me you were coming up in a few minutes, not in a few hours!"

"Yeah Mum, I know ok," said Faith, sitting back down and sighing heavily.

"My exams are next week," she said. "I have to get as much study in as I can!"

"Honey, I get how serious you are about you HSCs," said Belle, taking a bottle of milk from the fridge, and coercing it into Matt's mouth. "But you can't keep doingt this to yourself! It's bad for your health!"

"Mum, I'll have a mental break down if I don't do well in these tests!" said Faith. "Conor started studying a month ago, and he does less subjects than me!"

"Ok, ok, look," said Belle, putting her hand on her daughter's shoulder. "You have my permission to be excused from garden duty tomorrow ok."

Faith smiled and kissed her Mum on the cheek.

"Thanks Mum, your the best."

"Not finished," said Belle, grinning wickedly. "If your not in the garden, that means I'll have to be, and if I'm in the garden...."

"No, no, no!" said Faith, waving her hands around. "I am under no circumstances disposing of Matt's used nappies!"

"Well it's either one or the other!"

Faith narrowed her eyes at her Mum, but sighed, giving in.

"Fine," she said, closing her book. "I'll study and take care of Matt and his....business."

Belle smiled.

"Good girl," she said, rubbing her cheek. "Now turn off that light and come up to bed."

Faith sighed, turned off the light, and followed her mother up the stairs.

Hope you all like it!!

Btw, I've changed my name just so you know!

Still da same person though!! :)

xx

Hey, thanks for all the comments!

This is the last chappie for about 4days coz Im going to England for a few days!

Hope you like it!!

Chapter 41

"Now students," said Miles, looking all them all sternly. "Your HSC exams are next week and the result of these exams will effect the rest of your life."

"If you wish to do something productive, I expect you to be preparing yourself, and going over what you've learnt the years you have been here, at Summer Bay High.

This is no longer about doing the school proud," he said. "It is about making yourselves proud. Even though some of you don't say it, I'm sure all of you want to see a good result coming in the letter box next September.

The results are those tests are up to you," said Miles.

He chuckled. "This may sound cheesy but your future, is in your hands."

Everyone laughed, and began to pack up their schoolbags.

"Can you believe they're next week?" said Issy, obviously horrified. "I thought I was ready! I realise now I am so not!"

"Issy your going to be fine," reassured Faith, as they left the classroom. "Like Conor, you started studying months ago. You are totally ready. I'm the pne who should be complaining!"

"Faith, you started studying around the same time," said Issy. "If I have nothing to worry about, then you certainly don't!"

They both laughed, and stepped out into the brilliant sunlight, looking forward somewhat to the weekend ahead of them.

Belle opened her bedroom door with one hand, Matt propped up in her other.

Looking up at the clock on the wall, she saw it was 2am.

Rubbing sleep from her eyes, she made her way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

The scene in the kitchen however was not what she expected.

"Faith, what are you doing?!"

Faith was asleep, her head lying on top of an open maths book. Piles of other books and copies were stacked up on the table around her.

Hearing her mother's voice, she jumped up, shaking the table and knocking over a tall pile of books.

"Damn!" she said, bending down to pick them up.

"Faith, do you know what time it is?" asked Belle in disbelief.

"Eh...no," admitted Faith. "I think I nodded off around midnight."

"It's 2am!" exclaimed Belle. "You told me you were coming up in a few minutes, not in a few hours!"

"Yeah Mum, I know ok," said Faith, sitting back down and sighing heavily.

"My exams are next week," she said. "I have to get as much study in as I can!"

"Honey, I get how serious you are about you HSCs," said Belle, taking a bottle of milk from the fridge, and coercing it into Matt's mouth. "But you can't keep doingt this to yourself! It's bad for your health!"

"Mum, I'll have a mental break down if I don't do well in these tests!" said Faith. "Conor started studying a month ago, and he does less subjects than me!"

"Ok, ok, look," said Belle, putting her hand on her daughter's shoulder. "You have my permission to be excused from garden duty tomorrow ok."

Faith smiled and kissed her Mum on the cheek.

"Thanks Mum, your the best."

"Not finished," said Belle, grinning wickedly. "If your not in the garden, that means I'll have to be, and if I'm in the garden...."

"No, no, no!" said Faith, waving her hands around. "I am under no circumstances disposing of Matt's used nappies!"

"Well it's either one or the other!"

Faith narrowed her eyes at her Mum, but sighed, giving in.

"Fine," she said, closing her book. "I'll study and take care of Matt and his....business."

Belle smiled.

"Good girl," she said, rubbing her cheek. "Now turn off that light and come up to bed."

Faith sighed, turned off the light, and followed her mother up the stairs.

"Your just like your father," muttered Belle, before disappearing into her bedroom.

Faith just rolled her eyes.

Opening her door, without even changing, she collapsed on the bed and fell asleep.

"D'you know what really bothers me Matt?" said Aden, as he fed the baby his breakfast the next morning.

Matt looked up at him, completely unaware he was being spoken to.

"Exactly!" said Aden. "Your Mother comes out to 'help' me in the garden, spends half an hour putting on her boots, looks at the weeds and mud and decides she suddenly needs to call one of her friends. How is that fair?"

Matt, deciding he was bored with the conversation, grabbed the spoon off Aden, and started flinging it around, sending mashed Weetabix all over kitchen.

Aden sighed heavily.

"Even if you were a little older Matt, your Daddy would still get the blame," said Aden, walking over to the draining board and picking up a wet cloth.

Matt watched his father amusedly as Aden crawled around the kitchen, wiping off stains from the kitchen units.

When he was finally finished, he stood up and stretched.

It was then that he saw the Weetabix on the ceiling.

"We're just going to pretend that was there all along," Aden told Matt, grinning guiltily.

"Honey what's this?"

Aden looked up from the row of potatoes to see Belle holding a long fork uncomfortably.

"That's the pitchfork sweety," he said, wiping the sweat off his brow. "Be carefull with it, the ends are rather sharp."

Belle glared at him and Aden returned to his potatoes quickly.

"What's it used for?" she asked, holding it properly, with both hands.

"For digging up plants and mud, babe," said Aden, not looking up.

"What you mean people actually dig up this filthy stuff?" said Belle in disbelief, eyeing the ground warily.

"Yes honey," said Aden, finally looking up. "To the plants, it's like a bed."

"Oh," said Belle. "So instead of clean, dry, comfy duvets, the potatoes sleep in mud."

"Yes honey," said Aden, chuckling at her astonished expression.

Belle rolled her eyes.

"The world is such a odd place."

Let me know what you think!!

xxxx

Archived