Guest LauraPhilly!!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the lovely comments!! :)

You're all so nice!!

Here's the next chapter....

Chapter 35

"Aden, where's my maternity jeans?" called Belle from the top of the stairs.

"They should be in the airing cupboard sweetheart," said Aden, as he rummaged through his drawers looking for a pair of socks. "Oh my God, where are they?"

"Honey, we've talked about this," said Belle, as she walked into their room. "When they're on the bottom shelf in the cupboard, I can't reach them! If you haven't noticed I'm kinda pregnant so I lack the ability to bend over."

"Sorry honey, I forgot," said Aden, straightening up and walking out of the room.

"Here you go," he said returning a few seconds later with her jeans.

"Thank you," she said smiling.

Then she saw Aden's flustered look as he sat down on the bed.

"Honey, what's wrong?" she asked, walking over and sitting beside him, running her fingers through his smooth blonde hair.

"Oh it's nothing," said Aden, standing up and walking away. "Just something small."

"Aden, please tell me," said Belle, softly. "It's clearly worrying you."

Aden paused for a minutes and then sighed.

"I hadn't realised before but we're in a bit of a financial spot of trouble."

Belle gulped.

"What kind of trouble?"

"Like, we can't afford to keep this house kind of trouble."

Belle gawked at him.

"Are you serious? Surely it can't be that bad!"

"Well, it is," said Aden, collapsing onto the bed again. "I was depending on winning that case a few weeks ago too much. I shouldn't have let it go that bad."

"Look, the babys due in only 5 weeks," said Belle patting her stomach. "I'll be able to go back to work soon. Part time!"

"Honey, I can't ask you to do that," said Aden, putting his hand on her cheek. "Our little boy is going to need it's mother!"

"But, I can't depend on you to put food on the table," said Belle, desperately. "There must be something I can do!"

"The only thing I want you to do is keep are little guy safe in there," said Aden, putting his hand on her tummy and rubbing it gently. "That's the most important thing."

"But babe, what are you going to do?" asked Belle.

"Don't worry about it," said Aden, gently. "It'll all work itself out! You'll see."

Kissing her forehead, he walked away and picked up his socks from yesterday, grabbed his shoes and left the room, leaving Belle worrying over how infinancially secure they were.

She had to find out.

"Mr Jefferies, what a pleasure to meet you," said the bank manager. "I was so sorry to hear that your husband was ill. Do pass on my best wishes for his recovery."

"I shall indeed John, thank you," said Belle, smiling.

"Now to business," she said briskly. "I wish to enquire how much is in my husband and I's conjoined bank account, and then for you to tell me how much each of us have separately."

"Of course Mrs Jefferies," said John. "I have your file with me right here."

"Excellant!" said Belle.

"I shall let you observe it youself," said John, sliding the file over to Belle.

Scanning through the page, Belle saw what was in the account. Her eyes widened but she composed herself again quickly.

"Thank John, everything seems in order here."

"Shall there be anything else you require Mrs Jefferies?" asked John.

"No that's all," said Belle, politely. "Thank John, your assistance has been much appreciated."

"Anytime Mrs Jefferies, anytime."

"So after hearing what Aden had to say, I went straight to the bank to see for myself!" said Belle, as she sipped tea in Nicole's sitting room with herself and Mattie. "I saw the figure, Aden was right."

"Gosh," said Nicole. "What are you going to do?"

"I have no idea," said Belle, running her fingers through her hair. "Aden's clearly worried about this and with the way the economy is going at the moment, I'm not surprised! With his business, it could be months 'till he gets a new client. And as he's having to raise his prices, people might be less likely to come to him!"

"Look, Aden said not to worry yourself," said Mattie, taking Belle's hand. "You've got enough to be thinking about at the moment. The baby and his needs need all your attention at the moment."

"Mattie, I can't just do nothing!" cried Belle. "I can't watch Aden go through all that worry and anxiety alone, I just can't! It's painful to watch even!"

"Ok, ok, I know, it's alright," reassured Mattie. "Nicole and I will help you in any way we can, right Nic!"

"Yeah absolutely," said Nicole, smiling at Belle reassuringly. "We're not going to let anything happen to you."

Belle forced a smile, knowing that a smile wasn't going to fix anything at the moment.

A bit more of a serious chapter, I know but it's Summer Bay; life can't be like daisies all the time! :P

Anyway let me know what you think!

xxxx

aww i loved it, so good, good to have these chapters, poor aden. Did u mean to say Mrs not Mr when Belle went to the bank? Im sorry im always commenting on ur typos, but u must know i do love ur story. Xx

oh my God, u are right again amz!!! :lol:

One of these days, Im going to have to ask you to proof my updates!! :P

Thanks for your lovely comment though!! :D

xxx

Archived