Having Faith

Guest LauraPhilly!!

Thanks for your lovely comments!!

Here's the next chappie!!

Chapter 36

"We're moving!"

Aden sighed. Belle studied her daughter's face anxiously.

"You guys are kidding right?" she asked uncertainly.

Belle shook her head sadly.

"No we're not, sorry darling."

"But why?"

Belle looked at Aden uncomfortably. Aden rubbed her back reassuringly.

"We're going through a bit of a financial difficulty at the moment sweetheart," he said. "We just can't afford to stay in this house."

"But I love this house!"

"I love it too sweetheart," said Belle, taking Faith's hand and squeezing it. "But this is just something we have to do."

Faith sighed, nodding, knowing her parents were right.

"So, where are we moving?"

Again, Belle looked at Aden uncomfortably.

"Well, I know your going to be very surprised about this," said Aden, grinning slightly. "But we bought Martha's farm! We're going to try our hand at farming!"

Faith gawked at them.

"Are you serious?"

Belle sighed. "Unfortunately we are."

"But Dad, you don't know a thing about farming," said Faith, bewildered.

"I said that too sweety," said Belle, rolling her eyes at Aden.

"Look guys, this is something I've always wanted to do," said Aden. "I would appreciate the support of my family?"

Faith and Belle exchanged a glance and they both sighed.

"Fine," said Belle. "But I aint milking cows or planting seeds while I'm carrying this baby!"

"Deal!" said Aden, grinning and offering her his hand.

Rolling her eyes again, Belle accepted it and they shook hands. Aden then pulled her in and kissed her passionately.

"Eww guys," said Faith, turning away. "Get a room!"

"A farm!!"

Belle chuckled and nodded while her two friends looked at her in shock.

"You can't be serious," said Nicole.

"I'm being perfectly serious," said Belle, patting her stomach. "Aden really wants to do this. He even seems excited!"

"He's lost his mind," said Nicole, sitting back into the couch.

"That's what I said," said Belle, chuckling. "But it didn't change his mind!"

"And Faith is ok with this?" asked Mattie.

"She wasn't happy about it," said Belle. "But she's agreed. She's such a Daddy's girl! She'll do anything for Aden!"

Mattie and Nicole chuckled.

Then Nicole burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry," she said, as Belle and Mattie looked at her surprisedly. "I just can't imagine you, Belle, with gloves and mud and weeds! It even sounds weird."

Belle shuddered. "Oh stop it! I don't even want to think about it!"

"Your not helping while carrying the baby are you?" asked Mattie anxiously.

"God no," said Belle quickly. "Aden promised that he wouldn't make me do anything. I'm in charge of unpacking though! Aden would mess everything up otherwise, and I like being organised!"

"I'll say," said Nicole. "How many categories of towels do you have??"

Belle blushed. "Only three!"

"When you say three you mean twelve right??"

Belle simply glared at Nicole, who quickly started reading a magazine.

"Oooh look," she said, quickly. "Mischa Barton's in a new movie!"

"Your Dad's buying a farm!"

Faith giggled at Conor's bewildered expression.

"I'm as surprised as you are!"

"But your Dad's a solicitor," said Conor, as Faith sellotaped a cardboard box together. "He's knows nothing about farming!"

"I know that," said Faith, coming over and putting her hands around his neck. "That's why I was hoping you could teach him a few things."

"It's kissing to take more than 'a few things' if your Dad wants to be a farmer," said Conor, as Faith kissed his neck. "There's so much involved!"

"Which is why you are the perfect guy for the job," said Faith grinning. "You already know so much!"

"But not enough," said Conor, winding his arms around his waist loosely.

"Please," said Faith, pushing her bottom lip forward. "For me?"

Conor looked into her puppy dog eyes for a few minutes, then sighed.

"Fine," he said, surrendering.

Faith smiled and suddenly claimed his lips.

"I'll do it for 6 months if I get more of those," said Conor, licking his lips hungrily.

Faith grinned and kissed his again.

"A year?"

She claimed his lips again, biting down on his bottom lip gently.

"2 years?!"

With this, Faith leaned forward and kissed his passionately, and Conor pulled her against his chest tightly, both of them never wanting to let go.

Let me know what you think!!

xxxxx

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick sneak peak of tomorrow's chappie!!:

"Eww, get this thing off me!"

Aden looked up to his daughter waving her hand madly, screaming out in disgust.

"Honey, what is it?"

Faith looked at him in shock.

"A worm just clung onto me Dad! A worm!!"

Aden chuckled and turned back to pulling out some weeds.

"I seriously can't believe we live on a farm," said Faith, in disgust. "And I have to do this kind of thing everyday! It's slavery!"

Aden continued on with his work, knowing Faith was just blowing off some steam.

"I mean, farming is a job for guys," said Faith, as she pulled out a long bundle of weeds. "Not for girls. Girls, girls like me, like clean, indoor, decorative stuff! Not mud and fertiliser!"

"Yes, whatever you say honey!" said Aden.

"Faith," called Belle from the gate. "Faith!"

"Yeah Mum," she said looking up.

"Conor's on the phone!"

"Oh yes, I'm saved," said Faith, throwing off her gloves and jumping over the mud piles towards the gate.

Aden watched her as she left, laughing as she rolled her eyes at him.

It's quite short but the full chapter will be up tomorrow!!

xxxx

Hey, sorry for not posting this chapter sooner!!

It was my birthday, and then I had loadsa other thingz going on too!

Hope you like this chappie anyway!!

Chapter 37

"Eww, get this thing off me!"

Aden looked up to his daughter waving her hand madly, screaming out in disgust.

"Honey, what is it?"

Faith looked at him in shock.

"A worm just clung onto me Dad! A worm!!"

Aden chuckled and turned back to pulling out some weeds.

"I seriously can't believe we live on a farm," said Faith, in disgust. "And I have to do this kind of thing everyday! It's slavery!"

Aden continued on with his work, knowing Faith was just blowing off some steam.

"I mean, farming is a job for guys," said Faith, as she pulled out a long bundle of weeds. "Not for girls. Girls, girls like me, like clean, indoor, decorative stuff! Not mud and fertiliser!"

"Yes, whatever you say honey!" said Aden.

"Faith," called Belle from the gate. "Faith!"

"Yeah Mum," she said looking up.

"Conor's on the phone!"

"Oh yes, I'm saved," said Faith, throwing off her gloves and jumping over the mud piles towards the gate.

Aden watched her as she left, laughing as she rolled her eyes at him.

"Mum, I going to see Conor, ok," said Faith as she put down the phone.

"Ok," said Belle, as she wiped the dishes on the draining board. There new kitchen had no space for a dishwasher to her annoyance. "Well be back for dinner! And tell Conor he's welcome to come too!"

"I will," she said, grabbing her jacket.

"Love you," she said, pecking her Mum on the cheek.

"Take care honey."

Minutes after Faith left, Aden walked into the kitchen in his socks.

"You better have left your muddy boots outside," said Belle, as he wound his arms around her waist and kissed her shoulder. "I'm not having mud in my unpacked, clean kitchen!"

"Ok babe, don't worry," said Aden, chuckling. "I promise if I leave a speck of dirt to tidy it up myself."

Belle smiled satisfied.

"I've trained you so well!"

"Oh haha," said Aden, rolling his eyes at her.

Belle giggled and turned back to the sink filled with soapy water.

Aden looked around the kitchen.

"Faith gone out?"

"Yeah, she went over to Conor's" said Belle. "She seemed rather desperate to get out of the house actually!"

"Yeah, she should have seen her face when you told her Conor called," said Aden, chuckling. "You'd have thought she was a kid on Christmas Day the way her eyes lit up! She's clearly not a fan of this farming stuff."

Belle shrugged. "She'll get use to it! She use to spend all her time up at the stables with Lady!"

"Yeah, I suppose," said Aden, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm going to go take a shower."

"Ok," said Belle, putting down the dish rag and walking over to the fridge.

Walking down the hallway, Aden opened the cupboard and pulled down a few towels. Typically, he pulled the rest of them down too. Growling, he picked them up and shoved them back in, not caring if Belle shouted him later on! He needed a shower!

He had barely reached their room, when he heard the sound of glass breaking in the kitchen.

Dropping the towels, he rang back into the kitchen to find Belle lying on the floor, one hand on the counter for support, the other clutching her stomach. Her face was pale as a ghost.

Then Aden saw the worst part.

Blood stained the frills of Belle's dress.

"The baby," she moaned, clutching her stomach tighter.

Not saying a word, Aden ran over, croached down and carefully lifted her from the floor, supporting her with his arms.

"We've got to get you to the hospital," he said, leading her to the door. "I'll call them on my way."

All Faith had heard when Tabitha put down the phone was her Mum was in hospital.

Now as she walked down the corridor of the ER, Conor following her close behind, it was all beginning to feel like a dream, like a nightmare.

Faith needed physical proof.

She found it when she saw her father pacing up and down the corridor.

"Dad!" she cried, running over and hugging him tightly. "Is Mum ok? What's happened?"

"I don't know," said Aden, running his hands through his hair, as Conor came to stand beside Faith. "She collapsed and started bleeding, I brought her here, they took her into that room and I haven't heard anything since!"

"She's going to be ok though," said Faith desperately. Conor put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "She has to be!"

"I don't know honey," said Aden, quietly, his eyes black and hollow with the agony. "I don't know."

Just then a nurse came out of the room.

"Good news Mr Jefferies," she said, smiling. "Your wife is going to be absolutely fine! She just had a early labour!"

"What she's having the baby now?" asked Aden, as Faith hugged Conor tightly.

"Well, the doctor's going to perform a c-section," explained the nurse. "She started bleeding because it appears now her womb was unable to have a natural birth."

"Can I see her?" asked Aden.

"Not right now," said the nurse. "We're about to perform the operation. I'm sorry."

"When will I be able to see her?" insisted Aden.

"In a few hours," said the nurse kindly. "You will have your beautiful baby boy though is about an hour!"

"Thank you, thank you so much," said Aden, taking the nurse's hands and squeezing it tightly.

"Your very welcome Sir," said the nurse smiling.

As Aden turned around, Faith flew at him and hugged him tightly.

"Shh," he said, as he heard her moan. "Everything's going to be ok now."

"I know it is," said Faith, pulling back slightly. "I just happy that's all."

Aden smiled and kissed Faith on the forehead.

She pulled back then and reached for Conor. He took her in his arms and hugged her tightly.

1 hour later...

"Mr Jefferies?"

Aden turned to see the nurse from earlier standing outside the door.

"Would you like to see your son?"

Aden grinned and turned to see Faith crying. He took her hand and squeezed it tightly, and together they walked towards the door. Conor held back.

Aden looked at him.

"Come with us Conor," he said. "Your family too."

Conor smiled and walked forward and took Faith's hand.

Walking slightly ahead, Aden followed the nurse into the room and over to the crib which held his sleeping son.

"Hello there," said Aden, peering into the crib. "I'm your Daddy. You might not know me very well yet but I promise I'm going to be the best Daddy you'll ever have."

Faith smiled as she watched her father.

"D'you want to give you Daddy a hug?" said the nurse, putting her hands in and lifting the baby carefully.

Stepping closer to Aden, she carefully lowered him into his Dad's arms, snuggling his head at Aden's elbow.

"Hello beautiful," said Faith, touching the baby's soft cheek. "I'm your big sister. And this."

She pulled Conor closer.

"This is my boyfriend. We love him."

Conor chuckled, but leaned in intently.

"He's beautiful guys," he said quietly.

Faith smiled and leaned her head on Conor's shoulder. He kissed her soft blonde hair.

"I love you," he whispered.

Faith smiled. "I love you too."

A few hours later, Aden, Faith and Conor were still in the maternity ward but now the baby was in Faith's arms and she was rocking him gently.

"He's so gorgeous," she whispered, as the nurse walked in.

"Your wife is awake now Mr Jefferies," she said, smiling.

"Thank you," said Aden.

Turning to Faith, he held his hands very still as she lowered the baby into his arms.

"Let's go meet your Mummy," he said softly.

Opening her eyes again, Belle's heart soared as she saw Aden walking in with their baby in his arms.

"Hello," she said, as he lowered the baby into her arms. "Oh your just beautiful aren't you."

Looking up at Aden, she smiled.

"Thank you," she said.

He frowned, confused.

"For what?"

"For our baby. For Faith. For everything," she said, smiling at him.

He smiled and kissed her forehead.

"I love you."

She smiled.

"I love you too. So much."

Thanks for reading!!

Let me know what you think!!

xxxx

Archived