Having Faith

Guest LauraPhilly!!

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments!!

I'm so sorry for the long gap in updates!

I just haven't had the chance to turn on the computer!!

Hope you like the chapter anyway! :)

Chapter 38

"Have you got the nappies?"

Aden sighed, unzipped the bag, and looked in.

"Yeah, I've got them honey," he said.

"And the dummies," said Belle as she rocked the baby in her arms.

Aden chuckled.

"Babe, Matt doesn't even use dummies!"

"Well, I want to have some anyway," snapped Belle, as she held Matt up to her shoulder and patted his back. "I want everything to be perfect for my little boy!"

She lifting him into the air, smiling at him then nuzzled her face against his soft cheek.

Sweeping once last glance around the room, Aden picked up his keys.

"I think we have everything here."

"Is the baby seat in the car?" asked Belle, as she followed Aden out the door, cradling Matt in her arms.

"Don't worry I didn't forget," said Aden, walking beside her, smiling fondly at his sleeping son in her arms.

When they got to the car, Aden held the door open for Belle as she lowered Matt down into his seat, and put on his safety belt. Standing back, she bit her lip anxiously.

"You know what," she said, closing the door gently. "I think I'm going to seat with him in the back."

"Ok," said Aden, as he sat into the front.

Turning the key in the ignition, Aden quietly drove out of the hospital carpark.

"Aden, take it easy!" said Belle, her hands flying over to protect Matt as the car bumped its way over a ramp. "You'll wake the baby."

"Honey, I'm already going at 40mph!" said Aden. "If I go any slower the cops are gona pull me over!"

Belle muttered something quietly, turning back to watch her sleeping baby boy.

"Hello!" said Belle, as she walked into the kitchen, carrying the baby seat.

"Hi!" said Faith, jumping up from the table where she and Conor were doing there homework.

"Hello gorgeous," she said, leaning in and kissing her brother. "Do you remember me? I'm your big sister!"

"Here," said Belle, offering her the baby carryier. "Take yourself, Conor and the baby up to the nursery, and you can talk to him all you like."

"Aw thanks Mum," said Faith, carefully taking the carrier and walking towards the stairs. She reached out for Conor's hand, he took it and followed her up the stairs.

"Oh I'm so tired," said Belle, collapsing into the sofa.

"I can make you so tea if you want," said Aden, sitting on the armrest beside her, touching her closed eyelids with the tips of his fingers.

Opening her eyes, she smiled at him. Suddenly, Aden was falling into the sofa.

"Belle!" he cried, as she pulled him into her lap.

She giggled and pulled him up against her chest.

He wrapped his arm around her, holding her close.

"You know how much I love you don't you," she said, laying her cheek against his.

"Yes, I love you too, babe" he said, closing his eyes. "So much."

"Don't ever leave me please!"

"Babe, where is this coming from?" said Aden, sitting up and looking at her suddenly anxious face. "You know I would never, could never do that! I love you too much! It hurts to even think about it!"

Tears sparkled in Belle's eyes.

"Really?"

"Yes, really," said Aden, holding her face gently in his hands. "You are my whole world! There is no point to my existence without you!"

Belle chuckled, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Sorry," she said, quickly wiping away her tears. "The hormones are still messing me up! I'm just being silly."

Aden kissed her softly.

"My love for you is eternal and never dying," he said, looking into her eyes. "Never forget that."

She smiled, and put her hands on his.

"As is mine."

Reaching up on his tip-toes, she wrapped her arms around his neck. Claiming his lips, she kissed him passionately.

Aden wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her to him, never wanting to let go.

Never going to let go.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all, thanks for the lovely comments!!

Sorry there was no update yesterday amz!

Hopefully this chapter makes up for it!! :D

Chapter 39

Belle and Aden were sleeping peacefully in their beds.

The clock beside them read 3am.

There was silence throughout the house.

Then, a loud cry.

Belle groaned, and rolled over.

"Aden's, it's three," she said, groggily. "Your time zone."

Aden groaned loudly.

"But that's the third time this week," he said, reluctantly getting up out of the bed.

"Tough," murmered Belle. "Your the one who got me pregnant. Deal with the consequences!"

"I thought I was 'dealing with the consequences' when you made me get up at 4.30 to get sushi!"

Belle threw a pillow at him which he neatly dodged.

"Go!" she said, rolling over again. "You son wants you."

Aden chuckled but walked over to the cott, where Matt was squirming unhappily.

"Hey baby," he said, lifting his up and holding him to his chest. "What's up? Don't tell this time is your favourite time for waking up?"

Matt squirmed uncomfortably against Aden's shoulder, making little gurgling sounds.

"Will we give you some of Mummy's milk we put in the bottle earlier?" whispered Aden, opening the door, and quietly slipping out of the room, so to leave Belle sleeping.

Opening a cupboard in the kitchen, Aden took down a bottle half full of milk, and carefully placed it in his son's mouth, where he began sucking it hungrily.

"There we go," said Aden, walking over to the sofa and sitting down. "You were just a hungry little boy weren't you! Well it appears Daddy made it all better!"

He sat patiently on the sofa while Matt drank his milk, rocking him gently.

"D'you realise this is my third time this week waking up for you?" said Aden, as Matt stared up at him with bright eyes. "Third! It's a good thing I love you so much or I wouldn't be willing to do this!"

Matt squirmed as the bottle fell from his mouth.

Putting it back in carefully, Aden held it up, stroking the baby's cheek softly.

"Can you believe your almost two weeks old?" said Aden. "Two weeks ago you were still in Mummy's tummy! It's a good thing you came out when you did because she was getting very ratty! That's just between you and me though."

Aden waited and watched as Matt drained his bottle.

He sat still as Matt yawned, his eyes drooped and finally closed.

Standing up carefully, Aden put the empty bottle by the sink and walked back upstairs, and into their room.

Laying him down gently, wrapping his blankets around.

Having made sure he was comfortable, Aden went back to bed.

Slipping in gently, he wrapped his arm around Belle's waist and pulled her up against his chest.

Burying his face in her sweet-smelling, soft hair, he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Faith yawned loudly as she walked into the kitchen.

"Sleep well honey?" asked Belle, as she flipped eggs on the frying pan.

"No, not really," admitted Faith, sitting down and pouring herself a glass of juice. "Matt woke me up!"

Belle frowned. "The first of second time?"

"Both!" said Faith, chuckling. "Thank God it's the weekend!"

She looked around the kitchen.

"Where's Dad?"

"In bed," said Belle, smirking. "He had to get up on both occassions to get Matt back to sleep. I figured he deserved a lie-in and breakfast in bed!"

"Aw that's sweet," said Faith. "Where is Matt?"

"On the bed beside Aden!" said Belle. "It's so cute, I had to take a picture!"

"Oh my God, let me see," said Faith, rushing over.

Turning on the camera, Belle flicked to the picture, and showed it to Faith.

"Oh!!!" said Faith, awing at the picture. "That is so sweet!"

"Yeah," said Belle. "Matt looks so like Aden it's crazy! All the girls are going to be falling for him!"

Faith chuckled. "Not when I'll be around to embarass him, they won't! They'll stay well away!"

Belle laughed. "God, he better watch out!"

"Yeah, he better!"

Scooping the egg on a plate with waffles and bacon, Belle took it and a tall glass of juice, up the stairs and into their bedroom.

"Someone order breakfast in bed?" she said, peering her head around the door.

Aden looked up from where he was cradling Matt.

"Oh honey, you didn't have to do that," he said, as Belle put the plate down on the bed. "I was going to come down in a few minutes anyway!"

"Well, seeing as Matt kept you on your toes last night, I thought it was the least I could do," said Belle, leaning forward and pecking him on the lips.

"Well it all looks delicious," said Aden, examining the crispy bacon and egg. "Doesn't it baby?"

Matt squirmed in his arms. They both chuckled.

"He agrees," said Aden, grinning at Belle. "Looks like you've got another fan of your cooking!"

"I should think so," said Belle, as Aden carefully handed Matt to her. "I would be very annoyed if my own son didn't like my cooking."

"Well," said Aden, with his mouth stuffed. "Speaking on his behalf, I say it is delicious!"

"Why thank!"

Matt wailed loudly in her arms.

"Ok baby, time for your breakfast too," said Belle, standing up, holding onto Matt securely.

"Eat all of that," said Belle, pointing to Aden's half empty plate. "There's more downstairs if you want it!"

"Thanks babe," said Aden, standing up and kissing her softly.

Their lips hesistated, their heads leaning against each other.

Belle pulled away.

"I love you," she said, looking confidently into his eyes.

Aden smiled, and stroked her cheek.

"As I love you."

Let me know what you think!!

xxx

Archived