Having Faith

Guest LauraPhilly!!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, sorry for not updating last night!

I'm going through a bit of an unexpected family crisis, and the updates just had to be put on hold!

I've managed to get some free time today so I said I'd post it now!

Not sure when the next one will be though!

I'll try make it soon!

Hope you all enjoy this chapter!!

Chapter 28

Faith looked up from her plate of food as Nicole, Mattie and Belle walked through the back door, talking animately.

"I'm taking it Moniique's went well?" asked Faith, grinning as she saw the exuberant faces.

"Oh Faith, darling, you have no idea," said Nicole, taking a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Us girls are going to look pretty damn good on the wedding day!" said Mattie, winking at Faith.

"Better than Mum?" asked Faith, grinning.

"Hardly," said Belle, sitting down beside her daughter. "No one's going to look better than me."

"Aden's going to be speechless!" said Nicole, as Faith widened her eyes.

"Nic, I'd say Belle could walk down the aisle in a bathing suit, and Aden would be just as happy!" said Mattie.

Faith giggled.

"That's true," said Nicole. "The guy never had much tase!"

"No, I mean that, it wouldn't matter to him what Belle wore, he would still love her and want to marry her anyway," corrected Mattie.

"That also true," said Nicole, as Belle blushed.

"As much as I appreciate the flattery, guys," said Belle, as they walked through to the living room. "After having me, I don't walk around much in only my bikini anyway! The stretch marks!"

"Stretch marks, my ass," said Mattie, as Faith sat down beside her. "They're aren't any stretch marks after your first one. Your second one probably!"

"Thanks Mattie," said Belle, as Nicole and Faith burst into a fit of hysterics. "I feel much better now."

Before Mattie could say anymore, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," said Faith, jumping up suddenly and running towards the front door.

"My God," said Mattie, clutching her heart mockingly. "What...?"

"Conor," said Belle, knowing that would suffice.

Nicole smiled. "They are really so cute together!" as she craned her neck to watch them from the window.

"Do you know who they remind me of?" asked Mattie. "You and Aden."

"Yeah," said Belle, not seeming surprised. "Aden thinks so too."

"Mum, is it ok if I go out with Conor?" asked Faith, walking into the room, her hand in Conor's.

"Yeah of course sweety," said Belle, trying to ignore her friends who were observing Conor intently.

"I'll just grab my jacket," said Faith, pointing towards the stairs, pulling Conor slightly.

"Actually Faith," began Belle. "I'd like to give something to Conor if that's ok?"

Faith looked at her Mum nervously, but Belle just smiled reassuringly.

Conor squeezed her hand.

"Ok," said Faith, uncertainly. "I'll be back down in a minute."

When Faith had gone, Conor walked over to Belle nervously.

Belle say how nervous he looked and smiled.

"I don't bite Conor, it's ok!" she said grinning.

Conor grinned and relaxed his shoulders.

"I don't know whether Faith told you or not but Aden and I are getting married in a few weeks."

"Yeah she mentioned," said Conor. "Congrats by the way."

"Thank you," said Belle appreciatingly. "I'd just like to give you this."

Then from behind the cushion she pulled out a cream envelope. Conor took it and turned it over to see the name.

"It's for you and your grandparents," explained Belle. "We'd like you to come to our wedding!"

"Are you serious?" asked Conor, grinning. "Aw thanks Miss Taylor! That's awesome!"

Belle smiled, while Mattie and Nicole made 'aww'ing faces behind her.

"You ready?" asked Faith, as she came down the stairs, her jacket over her arm.

"Yeah," said Conor, taking her hand. "Thanks again so much Miss Taylor!"

"Your welcome Conor," said Belle smiling. "Don't be out too late!"

Belle heard Faith sigh dramatically. "We won't!"

Belle smiled as she watched them walk off together, through the window.

"You ladies will have to clear off soon," she said, briskly, picking up her cup of tea and sipping it delicately. "Aden will be home soon."

Nicole raised her eyebrow. "Since when did we have to leave when Aden got back?"

"Since we've decided we're going to try for another baby!" said Belle.

"You what?" exclaimed Mattie, scooting towards her friend.

"When was this decided?" asked Nicole.

"This morning actually," said Belle, biting her lip.

Nicole and Mattie exchanged a worried glance.

"Belle," said Nicole, coming to sit beside her, and putting her hand on Belle's knee. "This has nothing to do with the fact that it's Owen's anniversary today is it?"

"What? No of course not!" said Belle quickly.

"Are you sure?" asked Mattie, quietly. "You can talk to us Belle."

Belle looked into her two friends concerned faces.

"Guys, I'm serious," she said. "This has nothing to do with Owen!"

"Ok, if your sure," said Mattie, sitting back into the sofa.

"Yes I'm sure," said Belle.

Their conversation was interrupted by the front door opening.

"Sweety, I'm home," called Aden.

"I'm in the living room," said Belle, her eyes still focused on Nicole and Mattie.

"Hello ladies," said Aden, walking in and smiling at them all widely. "How are you all?"

"Good thanks," said Mattie, as Aden sat down on the armrest beside Belle, and took her hand. "Word around the town is you've got a pretty big case on your hands at the moment!"

Aden chuckled. "You heard this from Colleen right?"

"Who else?" said Mattie, grinning.

"Yeah I have got a new case at the moment," said Aden. "And yes I suppose it is rather big. At least the pay is anyway!"

"It would need to be with this wedding you two are planning," said Nicole. "Are you two seriously trying to call Westlife over from Ireland?"

Belle shrugged. "Why not? Besides, Conor knows the manager. Mrs O' Grady reckons they'll be able to get us a special deal!"

"Well good luck is all I'm going to say," said Mattie, putting down her empty mug on the coffee table.

There was a moment of silence, and then Belle cleared her throat loudly.

"Don't you ladies need to be somewhere?"

Nicole and Mattie exchanged a quick glance.

"You sure you don't want us to stay?" asked Mattie, seriously.

"Yeah, I'm positive," said Belle, meaningfully.

Mattie nodded, and she and Nicole both stood up.

"Well today was great Belle," said Nicole, as they walked out to the front door. "Call us when you need us again!"

"I will guys thanks!" said Belle, leaning against the doorframe.

"So you three had a good day at Moniique's," said Aden, as Belle walked back into the living room.

"Oh yes, it was very good," said Belle, snuggling down beside him.

"Do I even want to know how much your dresses are going to cost?"

Belle giggled. "I don't think so!"

Aden sighed. "I thought so too."

"Right, he said, getting up from the couch. "I'm going to get a start on dinner."

"Oh I don't know if I want food," said Belle, standing up and following him out of the room.

"What your not hungry?" asked Aden in surprise.

"Well of course I'm hungry," said Belle. "Just not for that kind of nourishment."

Aden grinned at her hungrily as she unbuttoned her dress to reveal her lingerie.

"Dresses are not the only thing Moniique's sell!"

Belle moaned as she felt his fingers creep up her back.

She felt on top of the world as he pulled her body up against his.

She could feel every muscle in his stomach.

She smiled as she felt him move his lips to her ear.

"Belle," he whispered seductively.

Pulling his face back to hers she kissed him passionately.

Aden kissed back just as intense, thoroughly enjoying his favourite pastime.

As Belle ran her fingers down the plains in his chest, Aden moaned quietly and moved his lips to her jaw, and then to her neck.

Belle gasped suddenly as Aden moved to her ear, and nibbled on it gently.

But this wasn't a gasp of pain. It was a gasp of pleasure.

Rolling over so he was lying on top of her, Aden claimed her lips again, running his fingers through her soft brown hair.

Belle held on to him tightly, not wanting him to leave her ever.

A few miuntes later, Aden sighed and rolled until he lay on the other side of the bed.

"Now that," he said, in between his gasps for air. "That was hot sex!"

Let me know what you think!!

...xXx

Hey guys, sorry for the lack in updates!!

Amz, don't be feeling bad, you weren't to know!!

I'll glady accept the hugs though!! :P One can never have enough hugs!!

Chapter 29: The Big Day

6am

The door burst open.

"I'm getting married today!" screamed Belle.

Mattie groaned and covered her head with the pillow. Nicole yawned loudly and looked at the clock beside her.

"Belle, do you know what time it is?"

Belle grinned, nodding her head.

"I know it's less than twelve hours to my wedding!"

"It's also 6 o clock in the morning," said Nicole, collapsing against her pillow again.

Under the duvet, Mattie groaned loudly.

Belle rolled her eyes and walked to the door.

"Soak up your last hour of sleep ladies," she said, loudly. "The last bridesmaid rehearsal is at seven hundred hours!"

And as Belle shut the door, Nicole and Mattie groaned loudly.

8am

"Rise and shine Jefferies," said Roman walking over to Aden's window, and pulling back his curtains. "Your getting married today!"

"Really," said Aden, sitting up in the bed. "I had been wondering what the last few months of planning had been leading up to!"

Roman chuckled briefly.

"Enough joking around!" he said, sternly. "You know Belle will kill you if your not at the church on time. Have you not seen the rota she's written up?"

"Have I seen it?" repeated Aden. "It's been shoved into my face for the past three weeks! I condemn its existence! However, I promised Belle I would be there on time, and I'm going to keep my promise!"

"Good," said Roman, smiling approvingly. "Well you better hit the showers. And, as Belle would say, I expect you downstairs for breakfast at nine hundred hours!"

They both laughed and Roman left the room, leaving Aden to strip out of his boxers and walk into the shower.

9.15am

A small knock at the door.

"Room service!"

"That'll be breakfast," said Nicole as she tied the rope around the silk dressing gown she was wearing.

"Belle, your Mum's here," said Mattie, looking out of the hotel window.

"I thought she wasn't coming," said Nicole, as she took the tray from the waiter.

"Peter couldn't," said Belle. "But Mum and Ryan managed to come."

"Well that's nice," said Mattie, standing back from the window. "It's nice to have you own Mum at your wedding. She's driving to the church with us right?"

"Yeah," said Belle, waved down at Amanda.

"I think it's better in a way Belle that you and Aden decided to have your wedding in a church," said Nicole. "And the church you managed to find is beautiful! It looks like its from the 1800s!"

"Yeah, once I stepped into it, I insisted that we have our wedding there," said Belle, sitting down on the couch beside Mattie. "Luckily Aden loved it too!"

"Yeah, you and Aden have quite similar tastes," noted Mattie.

"Brilliant french toast!" cried Nicole, as she set the breakfast tray on the table.

Mattie and Belle rolled their eyes and sat down beside her and dug into their delicious smelling breakfast.

"I thought I smelt something!" said Faith walking into the room, her head wrapped in a towel.

"Sit down quickly sweety, before it's all gone," said Belle, pulling up a chair for her.

"The way your Aunt Nicole eats, we might on get to have one piece of everything, to share!" said Mattie.

"Hey, I'm not that bad!"

They all laughed, and there was silence as mouths and hungry tummeys were filled

"I would like to raise a toast," said Mattie, lifting up her glass of orange juice. "To Belle Taylor. Belle, you and Aden are truly a match made in heaven, and I hope everything goes well for you, and Faith, in your future lives."

"Thank you Mattie," said Belle, smiling fondly at her best friend. "That's very sweet of you!"

Mattie smiled and everybody returned to their plates.

"Guys theres something I have to tell you," said Belle, nervously, putting down her fork and knife quickly.

Everybody looked up at her.

"What is it Mum?" asked Faith.

Belle smiled and took her daughters hand.

Looking confidently in the curious faces, she took a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant."

11am

"Aden back up from breakfast yet?" asked Roman, walking into the suite to see Geoff sitting reading the paper.

"Just got back," said Geoff, putting down the paper. "Is it too early to get ready yet?"

Roman checked his watch.

"Probably not," he said. "The mass isn't until half one. I suppose it wouldn't be wrong to be ready."

"I guess I better grab my floret," said Geoff standing up.

"It's alright mate, I'll get it," said Aden, emerging from the bedroom. "I have to get a bottle of eau de toilette from the shop anyway!"

"Cheers," said Geoff, relaxing into the sofa again.

As Aden walked down the corridor, he was surprised to hear around the corner, three voices whispering furiously.

"I can't believe Belle is pregnant!" whispered Mattie.

"I know, it's amazing!" agreed Nicole.

"I know the last time wasn't her fault but it's going to kill her if she loses this one too!" said Mattie.

"I know, but the odds of that happening are like nill," said Nicole.

Mattie looked down at her watch.

"We better go," she said. "Belle will want to get into her dress by now."

"Yeah, agreed Nicole.

They walked off then, in the opposite direction, leaving a stunned Aden alone in the corridor.

12pm

"Is everybody ready?" asked Belle, from behind the curtain.

"Yes," said Mattie. She, Nicole and Faith were already in their bridesmaid dresses.

"Please come out Mum, we're dying to see the dress!" pleaded Faith.

Then, Belle stepped out from behind the curtain, in one fluid moment, the train of the dress flowing behind her gracefully.

"So what do you think?" asked Belle, twirling on the spot.

Nicole, Mattie and Faith were speechless. Nicole grabbed the nearest chair, Mattie was dabbing away her tears with a tissue, and Faith, who hadn't seen the dress before, just kept her hand held up to her mouth, utterly speechless.

Belle simply grinned, knowing what her friends thought without them having to say it.

12.15pm

Amanda checked her watch as she and Ryan waited patiently for the arrival of the bride and bridesmaid.

"Mummy, do you think I will ever get married one day?" asked Ryan.

Amanda chuckled.

"Of course you will sweetheart!" she said. "What woman could resist you?"

Ryan didn't have a chance to respond because at that moment Amanda gasped.

Ryan followed his Mum's gaze to see his big sister Belle walked down the hotel's majestic staircase in her beautiful white robe.

Amanda rushed over and grabbed Belle's outstretched hand, her eyes sparkling with tears.

"Mum don't cry," said Belle. "Your going to ruin your make up."

Amanda chuckled and wiped away her tears quickly.

Belle looked down at Ryan.

"Well don't you look smart mister," she said, examining his shirt and jacket.

"Thanks!" said Ryan, grinning. "You look very pretty too Belle."

Belle smiled. "Thanks little bro! You ready to give me away?"

"Yeah I can't wait," said Ryan.

"Well lead the way," said Belle, offering her his hand.

And like a proper little gentleman, Ryan took Belle's hand and lead her, Mattie, Nicole, Faith and Amanda out to the white stretch limo that was waiting for them.

12.35pm

The bedroom door burst open.

"Mate, where's Aden?" asked Roman urgently.

"I don't know," said Geoff, desperately. "He went to get the flowers for our suits and he hasn't been back since!"

"The wedding's in less than half and hour!" said Roman, running his fingers through his hair. "What are we going to do?"

Geoff shook his head miserably. "I don't know.

1pm

The limo pulled up outside the church at exactly one o clock.

The door opened and Ryan stepped out first, offering Belle his hand quickly.

As the rest of the bridal party quickly stepped out of the limo, Belle was surprised to see Alf walking out of the church.

"Alf, what's going on?" asked Belle. "Has something happened?"

"Um Belle....here's the thing," said Alf. "Aden's not here."

Rejection rushed through Belle.

Faith quickly took her Mum's arm, and squeezed it reasuringly.

"He's not here! What do you mean he's not here?" asked Mattie, urgently.

"He's not here," repeated Alf. "I just got off the phone from Roman at the hotel. The last time they saw Aden was over an hour ago. They called me hoping he was at the church, but he's not. No one knows where he is."

Mattie and Nicole shook their heads in bewilderment, while Faith watched her Mother's face anxiously.

"He's going to be here Mum," she whispered. "I know he is."

Belle smiled at her daughter bravely. She didn't know how she was doing it; as her heart was beginning to break behind her chest.

Thanks for reading!!

Let me know what you think!!

xxx

Thanks for the comments guys!!

Here's the next chappie!! :D

Chapter 30

Seeing Belle's pale face, Mattie took her friend's hand and squeezed it reasuringly.

"C'mon Belle, let's go for a walk," said Mattie, ushering to Faith and Nicole to come too.

They nodded and followed Mattie and Belle around to the back of the church where there was a lovely little garden with a bench.

Sitting down on the bench with Belle, Mattie anxiously studied her friend's face.

Belle simply stared into space, her face not depicting any sign of emotion.

"Mum," said Faith, bending down and taking her Mum's hands. "Everything's going to be ok! Dad's probably just got stuck somewhere!"

"Yeah, Faith's right!" added Nicole. "I'm sure there's a simple explanation for all this."

"He would have called," murmered Belle. "He would have called by now."

"Maybe he hasn't got his phone," said Faith, desperately.

"Belle, Aden loves you!" said Mattie. "I know he does. He would never leave you!"

"Well then why isn't he here Mattie," cried Belle, her eyes now shining with tears.

Mattie looked sadly into her friend's bloodshot eyes.

"I don't know," she said quietly.

Belle moaned and buried her face in her head.

Faith looked at Nicole desperately. Nicole shook her head.

"Wow," said Belle, lifting her head, her hand to her forehead. "I feel dizzy."

"Belle?" said Mattie, nervously, stretching out her arms as Belle stood up.

Belle's eyes glazed over and she swayed on the spot.

"Mum!" exclaimed Faith as Belle collapsed, Mattie catching her in her arms just in time.

"Faith, go call an ambulance!" ordered Mattie, as she and Nicole bent over her anxiously.

Running back to the church, the first person Faith met was Conor.

"Hey Faith, what's going on?" asked Conor anxiously.

"Conor I need your phone," said Faith. "Mum's fainted."

1 hr 45 mins earlier...

Aden breathed out in surprise, listening subconsciously to Mattie and Nicole's distant footsteps.

Belle's pregnant.

Belle's pregnant.

It could not have happened on a better day.

But how did Aden feel about it?

Sure he was thrilled but he didn't want to get too excited.

Belle had already lost one baby, until she was definately pregnant, he didn't feel too over-the-moon.

Looking at his watch he saw it was 11.15.

"I better go get that floret," he said. "Before I forget!"

Having got the floret a few minutes later, Aden now began to feel a bit nervous. Deciding he needed a drink to calm his nerves, he walked over to the pub across the road.

"What'll it be son?" asked the barman.

"Vodka tonic thanks," said Aden, sitting up at the bar.

"That's a very fancy suit you've got on there son," noted the barman, handing him the drink.

"Yeah, it's my wedding today!" said Aden, grinning.

"Oh really," said the barman. "Well good luck mate! Hope it all works out for you."

"Oh I plan for it to!" said Aden.

Just as Aden drained his drink, the bar door burst open, and in rushed in four men with their faces covered.

"Everybody freeze!" ordered the first, and all the men pointed guns at the customers.

A few people screamed, mothers dived at their buggies in order to protect their young babies and men at the bar put down their glasses suddenly with a clunk.

"Put your hands behind your back," one of them screamed.

Everybody did what they were told instantly.

Aden cursed under his breath. He was going to be late. What would be running through Belle's mind? She would be freaking out!

"Now the police are outside so if any of you move, we will take immediate action!" said the man indicating to his gun.

"You!" he pointed to the barman. "Open the till!"

At gunpoint, the barman had no choice but to comply with the gunmans orders.

With shaking hands, he took a few minutes to open the till.

After handing the gunman the money, he stepped back, putting his back to the wall.

For over an hour the gunmen kept all the customers in bed, at gunpoint.

Finally, when none of them expected it, the police burst in through every door of the pub, guns in there hands pointed directly at the disguised men.

"Freeze!" they screamed.

Aden let out a sigh of relief and quickly ran out the door.

Rushing back up to his hotel room, he paniced when he saw it was empty.

Checking his watch, he saw it was 1.15.

The wedding would have started by now.

Having driven to the church immediately, Aden began to panic as he saw people leaving.

"Guys, what's going on?"

"Dude what the hell are you doing here?" demanded Geoff, clearly furiously. "You totally stood her up!"

"Mate, it's a long complicated story," said Aden. "I just need to find Belle."

"She's at the hospital," said Geoff, still frowning. "She fainted."

"She what?" exclaimed Aden.

"You better go there now mate," said Alf, putting his hand on Geoff's shoulder. "She was pretty cut up."

"Thanks mate," said Aden, jumping back into the car.

"Your absolutely fine Belle, nothing to worry about!" reassured Ruby.

"Is the baby ok?" asked Belle, anxiously.

"Your both doing fine," said Ruby. "Just a bit of morning sickness without the throwing up! Great day for it to happen, huh?"

Belle smiled lightly. "I'm not so sure about that."

"Why?" asked Ruby. "It's your wedding day! The greatest day of a woman's life, I've heard!"

"Yeah it was meant to be," said Belle sadly.

She frowned as heard loud voices coming from the corridor.

"Mattie, please let me pass!"

"No!" said Mattie. "Why should I Aden?"

Aden, thought Belle.

"Yeah, why did you stand her up Aden?" demanded Nicole.

"Nic, it's a long story."

"Well I want to hear it!" said Mattie.

"Aunty Mattie, I'm sure Dad has a good explanation which we can hear later," insisted Faith.

Slipping off the bed, Belle walked slowly into the corridor to see Mattie standing in front of Aden, Faith beside her, her hand in his, Nicole beside Mattie, her eyes on Aden's face, and Conor standing behind Faith.

His eyes met hers almost instantly.

Walking past Mattie, he stopped as he came to stand in front of Belle.

Lifting her hands, he kissed them delicately.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

Belle smiled and laid her head on his chest, wrapping her arms around his chest. Aden laid his head on hers and wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"I know about the baby," Aden whispered in her ear.

Even though Belle was surprised, she decided his explanation could be left for later.

Lifting his head from her shoulder, Aden put his hand under her chin and lifted up her head, to press his lips against hers. She kissed him back softly.

Laying his head against hers, Aden whispered "Let's get married!"

Belle looked up at him in surprise.

"Why not?" he said. "We can do it here! All the people who are closest to us are here. Why wait?"

Belle looked up into his heart melting blue eyes, smiled and leaned up and kissed him again.

"Friends and family, we are gathered here today to join Aden and Belle in holy matrimony," said the priest. "Who gives this woman to this man?"

"I do," said Faith, squeezing her mother's hand.

Smiling at Aden quickly, Faith stepped down from the church alter and sat down beside Conor.

"And now it's time for the vows," said the priest. "Belle?"

Taking in a deep breath, Belle looked up into Aden's eyes and smiled.

"Aden, for awhile I thought I would never find true love. I thought my chance had passed. Then one day, I was partnered with a friend at work and it turned into something much greater than a friendship."

"We've had our ups and downs, we've had our many arguments, there was a time I thought I'd never see you again. During our time together, you've also given me one of the greatest gifts of my life."

Belle looked down at Faith and smiled.

"You came back to the Bay, and at first I tried to fight the feelings that I still had for you. But it was no good; I loved you too much. And now as we stand here together, ready to commit to our life together, I could think of no better person I would want to be with."

"You are my entire life, you are what makes me smile when I wake up in the morning. You are my prince, my soulmate, my best friend and soon-to-be my husband."

And as she finished, it was not just Belle who was wiping away the few tears.

"Aden?" said the priest, smiling.

Wiping away his last few tears, Aden looked at up Belle, his eyes shining with tears and happiness.

"Belle, my whole life I never thought I would be this lucky. I never thought I would fall in love with a person as beautiful, as compassionate, as wonderful as you. Only in my dreams was I ever this lucky!"

"You are the reason I am the way I am today! It's all thanks to you! And as long as I live, I'm going to spend ever minute making you happy! For your happiness, I would be willing to go half way across the world and bring you back a diamond as big as your fist! I would do everything and anything to make you happy!"

Belle smiled widely.

"Do you Belle take Aden to be your husband, will you love and cherish him and promise to be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," promised Belle.

"Do you Aden take Belle to be your wife, will you love and cherish her and promise to be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," promised Aden.

"Then it is my pleasure to pronounce husband and wife," said the priest, smiling. "You may kiss the bride!"

Smiling widely, Aden cupped Belle's face in his hands. Leaning forward, he kissed her passionately.

Belle wound her arms around his neck tightly, holding herself to him.

In the background, Mattie, Nicole, Conor and Faith clapped enthusiastically.

Pulling out of the kiss, Aden and Belle looked into each others eyes and smiled widely.

"I love you," whispered Belle.

"I love you, and this baby," said Aden, placing his hand on her tummy. "With my whole heart!"

Let me know what you think!

xxx

Archived