The Journey Back to Life

Guest Niara

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry it's been so long everyone. So because I'm in a good mood and it's been yonks I'll give you all a quick little recep:

Belle and Aden had twins however their son didn't make it. DOCs came to analyse Belle and Aden's parenting abilities and because Belle was afraid they were going to take her daughter, she took daughter out of hospital and drove away but hit Irene, who is now in a wheel chair. Belle admitted herself to a clinic and after 8 months finally plucked up the courage to come back. After a while her and Aden got back together, then Sean, Aden's brother came to visit them. He began to have strong feelings for Belle and began to rape her. Aden walked in witnessing this and brutely bashed Sean up. I left the last chapter at whether or not Belle was going to take Aden back.

So here it goes.

Chapter Ten

Two months had passed since the incident between Aden and Sean had happened. Belle finally decided for the sake of her daughter and herself, the best thing to do was to break up with Aden. Aden had agreed to let Chloe live with Belle at Irene’s house on the weekdays and he would have Chloe on the weekends. The past 2 months had been so hard for her as her feelings for Aden were still extremely strong but she had to try and resist them. She continuously had nightmares about Aden bashing Sean and sometimes in her dreams, Aden was bashing her. Belle was gazing at her camera, looking at a photo of her, Aden and Chloe, smiling with so much love and excitement. She was dying for things to be just like they were when they were together however the truth was too many unexpected situations had happened, that Belle was unsure if she would experience that happiness again.

“Mummy”, a sweat little voice, coming from Belle’s room broke her thoughts.

“Coming sweaty”, Belle quickly replied and eagerly rushed to Chloe’s room excited that her little bundle of joy had woken up.

“Happy birthday my big girl”, Belle squealed with joy planting tons of kisses on Chloe’s face who was standing up on her cot with her arms stretched out.

“How old are you today”, Belle asked enthusiastically, as the little girl pulled up her hands and placed one finger in the air.

“Yes, your one!” Belle exclaimed in awe at the cleverness of her little girl. Her Daddy had been teaching her that trick all week.

“Knock, knock”, came a noise outside the house.

Chloe’s eyes automatically shone with joy as she recognised the familiar voice.

“Addy”, she screamed in joy, with her arms stretched out for him.

“Happy birthday, princess”, Aden exclaimed placing kisses all over her. He picked her up out of her cot, and swung her around like an aeroplane. He placed her gently on the ground and began tickling her.

The little girl smiled and laughed uncontrollably, saying, “more... more”.

Belle stood watching the two people who meant more to her than anything in the world. The love that Chloe and Aden had for each other was amazing. Belle desperately wanted to hold out her arms and hug Aden but she couldn’t go there again. Instead she stood watching with a blank face trying to hide her real feelings for Aden.

Aden continued swinging Chloe around until he was worn out. Chloe pointed to Belle and yelled out “Mummy’s turn”.

Aden laughed at his little girl’s comment and whispered loud enough for Belle to hear, “Daddy can only fly light carrier planes not a full sized Jet”, he laughed as Belle gave him a mocked look.

“Babe, ah opps I mean Belle”, Aden corrected himself, “do you think it’s present time?” He asked her excitedly.

“Yeah why not”, she replied and quickly fetched her present from outside. “Annie, Irene, where giving Chloe her presents now”, Belle yelled out to Chloe’s excited Aunty and Nana.

Irene quickly came wheeling out with a neatly wrapped present on her lap and Annie carried a present that was so big it was having trouble fitting in the house.

“Who first”, Aden questioned, “Me, me, me” came Annie’s, Belle’s and Irene’s voices at the same time.

Aden giggled at the three of them and then replied, “in that case I’ll go first”.

“Chloe?” Aden gently called but was having trouble getting his little girl’s attention as she was more interested in watching the fish in the tank.

"Wait, wait!” Belle exclaimed. “Camera”.

“Ohhh”, the other three groaned as Belle quickly went to fetch for her camera and hurriedly began taking snaps.

“Sweetheart, look here?” Belle tenderly told Chloe, holding her camera.

“I am looking”, Aden teased.

“I said sweetheart not jerk” belle quickly replied matter of factly.

“Ouch”, Aden said pretending he was offended.

“So are we going to give the girl her presents or we sitting here with them until she’s 21” Irene quickly interrupted the two parents, who were obviously still in love with each other.

“I say we sit here and wait”, Aden cheekily responded. Aden went over and fetched his little girl, picking her up gently by his toned arm. He spun her around and sat her lovingly on his lap.

“Happy birthday my beautiful little girl”, Aden said kissing her tenderly on her forehead “this is for you”.

The one year old sat their blankly looking at the neatly wrapped present, not sure what she was suppose to do. Aden grabbed her little hands and unwrapped the paper with her. Suddenly her face lit up when she saw the contents in the box, “Wags!” she exclaimed trying to pull it out.

Aden fix up the talking and dancing wags the dog and stood Chloe up. He held on to her petite little hands and began dancing with her, twirling her around to Wag’s singing. Belle soon joined in and grabbed Chloe’s other hand and shuffled her in beat to the music. Chloe squealed with joy and stretched out her arms, where who mummy and daddy both responded and began to hug her and each other.

Belle quickly pulled away when she realised what she was doing and Aden looked down at the ground in embarrassment.

“My turn”, Irene said trying to fix the awkwardness as she handed the present to Chloe and Belle.

“What do we have here, sweaty?” Belle said excitedly as they unwrapped the present together.

“Wow, look Chloe it’s a book with sounds. Just an excuse for Nana Irene to read to you every night before you go to bed”, Belle laughed.

“How did you guess, love” Irene laughed back.

"Happy birthday, Chloe”, Annie kissed her gently on the cheek and Chloe went to kiss her back. Aden began opening the present, whilst Chloe played with Irene’s bright pink wrapping paper.

“Aw, thanks Annie!” Aden exclaimed as he opened the present to find a miniature swing set, “it’s always what I’ve wanted”, he teased.

“I knew you’d like it”, Annie joked.

“My turn, my turn” Belle moved over to Chloe like a little girl getting ready to eat cake. “This is for you, pumpkin”, Belle said, smothering Chloe in kisses.

Aden leant over and helped Chloe unwrap the present while Belle began to take happy snaps again.

“Look Chloe, a new car and look it moves unlike Mummy’s” Aden teased as he took the miniature Barbie car out of the box and sat Chloe on it. He began to push her around the house. He put the car on one wheel with Chloe driving and shouted, “look Chloe can do wheelies, just like her nana Irene does in her wheel chair”, he joked.

“Hello?” came a cheery blonde voice from the back door and in came Roman, Nicole and Jazz. All three quickly ran to their favourite one year old who was sitting pleasantly on her mothers lap. Nicole picked up the girl from Belle’s lap, much to Belle’s dismay as she wanted to hold her little girl all the time.

“Happy birthday my favourite little niece”

“Don’t you look pretty today, Mum obviously dressed you”, Nicole continued, pleased with Belle’s fashion sense.

Chloe crawled over to her wags the dog and begged Nicole to come over and play with her. Roman handed Belle and

Aden a big pink cake, which had a baby picture of Chloe as the icing and with the words ‘happy birthday Chloe’ in pink.

Belle went to show Jazz what Chloe had been given and Roman quietly pulled Aden aside.

“Mate, I know this is not the best time to ask but have you told Belle about the court case tomorrow”, Roman quizzed him.

Aden’s face initially sunk at those words. The last thing he wanted to think about was the court case. “No, Roman and you know why I don’t want to tell her and besides we’re not together any more so why should I worry her and tell her”.

“Because she still cares about you mate and she would be extremely hurt that you don’t tell her. What happens if the case doesn’t go the way you want it to turn out, tomorrow”.

“Then I’ll deal with that then. Right now it’s my daughter’s birthday and if I do go to jail I want to remember this day as the perfect day that it has started off to be. I don’t want to remember the look on Belle’s face when I tell her about the court case”.

“Right, so if you do go to jail tomorrow, we have to remember the look on her face, when we tell her? You know how much pain she’d be in? I just can’t believe your willing to hurt her that much”, Roman said in disgust as he watch Belle and Chloe play peak- a- boo through the window.

“Aden and Roman”, Annie said quickly running out the side to where they were, “we’re going to sing happy birthday now”.

“Oh there you are”, Irene said in relief to Aden and Roman, “We were wondering where you got off to”.

“Ok so we ready to sing happy birthday”, Belle stood up and yelled as though she was going to conduct everyone.

“Aden you better not sing as I’m sure Irene doesn’t want any broken windows”, Nicole stirred.

“Ok on the count of three”, Jazz said holding a glass of Champaign in her hand and trying to hold her balance, which she was finding even more difficult after every glass! “One, four.. hang on that can’t be right” she said seriously analysing herself and trying to work out how to count up to three.

“One, two, three”, Belle said stepping in to help Jazz.

“Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you

Happy Birthday to Chloe

Happy birthday to you” They all sang except Jazz, who was echoing the words, one line behind them but to the tune of hot cross buns.

Belle held Chloe tightly into her arms and waved goodbye to their Roman, Nicole and Jazz.

“Belle, phone for you”, Irene sung handing Belle the phone.

Belle quietly talked on the phone and Aden noticed her expression turn very quickly. Her smile that had been on her face had weekend into a scared frown. Her fingers were slightly shaking and her voice became weak and polite. Belle hung up the phone and gestured Aden to talk to her outside.

“Gee Aden, thanks for telling me about the court case tomorrow”, she snapped, with hurt plastered all over her face.

“Belle, I’m sor-“

“Sorry, yeah I’ve heard that so many times before but you still manage to do things that will hurt me. You know who that was? That was the Angelo apologising that his side needs me to make a statement at court tomorrow. Apparently he tried so hard and pleaded with them not to make me go through it but they are demanding me to give evidence against you”, Belle spoke shaking with tears slowly tumbling down her cheeks.

Aden melted in pain. He didn’t want to tell Belle about the court case but now if was even worse that she had to relieve the day where his brother had try to rape her and when she witnessed Aden act like a demon.

“I don’t want to do it, Aden”, Belle admitted looking up with him, like a scared little school girl. “I don’t want to feel it, see it, think it all over again. You know the nightmares have been getting better now there going to come flooding back”, Belle squealed terrified.

“Nightmares? Belle you need to talk to someone. I’ve been seeing Rachel about it, maybe you should do the same”, Aden caringly told her.

“I’ll be fine”

“Belle, I am so so sorry for what I did. I hate myself every day, especially days like today as I wish so much that you, Chloe and I could be a little family but I know it’s all my fault that we aren’t. I’m sorry. Belle, if tomorrow doesn’t turn out the way we hope and if I go to jail...”

“No Aden, you’re not going to go to jail. You’ll be fine..

“Belle” Aden interrupted. “There is every possibility that I will, I want you and Chloe to live those years without me” he said trying to swallow back the tears. “As much as I would want to see you both, you and Chloe coming to visit me in jail is not right on the two of you. There is no way I’m putting you through the pain of seeing me in jail. When I visited Dad in jail, it has been one of the most hardest things I’ve had to done as he is a completely different person when his in there. I definitely don’t want our daughter to witness a place like that. You need to make sure you look after yourself as well and move on with your life. If I do go to jail, you have to promise me you’ll talk to someone.”

“Aden! You’re not going to go to jail” She yelled in hysterics, tears streaming down her face.

“Promise me, Belle”

“Ok, ok I promise” she looked up genuinely into his eyes as he began to walk away.

“Ah and Belle I want you to remember one last thing” Aden said sincerely, walking away slowly.

“What?” she whimpered

“That I love you” he smiled and walked away, knowing that they might be his last words he would say to her in a few years.

Thanks for the comments everyone and glad u've jumped on the banwagon Zoe, it's always nice to have a new reader! Though I'm not sure if I'll have any readers left after this chapter!!! :lol:

Chapter eleven

She sat at front of the court room, with all eyes staring at her. Her hands were shaking uncontrollably and she felt like she would vomit anytime soon. Sitting in the witness stand made Belle feel so guilty as though she was betraying Aden. She couldn’t even make contact with his scared, blue eyes. She felt very unconfident and nervous, which the prosecution side was using to their advantage.

“Miss Taylor”, the lawyer against Aden continued, “when Mr Jefferies entered the room what did he do?

“Um, he... he... he saw his brother trying to rape-

“No Miss Taylor, what did Aden do to his brother?”The lawyer spoke firmly.

“He began to hit him”, Belle squeaked looking at the ground.

“What like a gentle hit, or was he trying to beat his brother up?” The lawyer spoke sarcastically with a smirk. There was silence as the crowd continued to stare at Belle.

“Miss Taylor?”

“He... he was continuously punching Sean”, Belle spoke ashamed at herself.

“Miss Taylor, was there ever a time during this incident that you believed Mr Jefferies would kill his brother?”

Aden looked up at Belle in shock. His eyes were filled with a sharp pain as he knew what the answer to that question was. It didn’t worry him that he would get into more trouble with the law, what worried him is he had scared and hurt Belle more than she had ever been scared before.

“WHAT!” Belle exclaimed shaking her head ferociously refusing to answer the question.

“Answer the question, Miss Taylor”, the lawyer told her sternly.

“well.... not really...well.... sort of”

“Miss Taylor?” the lawyer said extremely powerfully, raising an eyelid.

“Well... yes” She screamed

The court room let out a gasp.

“But that’s only because he found Sean raping me...”

“That’s all Miss Taylor, thankyou”

“And he would never hurt anyone, he was only protecting me”, Belle continued yelling over the lawyer and judge.

“Thankyou miss Taylor”, the judge strongly told her.

Her eye’s looked up at him, like a week and horrified school girl. It was all her fault that Aden was in this mess. She was the one who encouraged Aden to let Sean come into their lives. She was also the one who kept on being so nice to Sean and was obviously sending him the wrong signals. She slowly shuffled back to her seat, with her head hanging low and tears building up in her eyes. She didn’t make any eye contact with anyone, as she felt like a weak person who had failed Aden. She slowly sat down next to Annie an Irene, who both quickly comforted the vulnerable Belle. Roman, Jazz, Nicole and Drew were sitting behind her and Drew and Nicole quietly whispered words of encouragement to her that she didn’t believe.

The next fifteen minutes of Aden being harassed by the prosecution team all became a blur to Belle. Her attention was suddenly lifted again when everyone in the court room stood to hear the verdict.

Aden slowly and hesitantly stood up with a look of sorry plastered on his face. He had never felt so powerless in his life and his heart pounded loudly in his chest. Perspiration was building up around his face and his mouth became dry.

“Mr Jefferies”, the judge spoke.

“The jury and I have come to a decision about the assault against your brother, Mr Sean Larry Jefferies. We have taken into consideration the events that had occurred between your brother and Miss Taylor. But this is not the first time you have stood before a court about assaulting one of your family members. Once we can excuse, but not twice. Therefore

Mr Jefferies the jury has found you guilty and has sentenced you to two years jail. You will be transferred immediately. Case closed”.

Everyone close to Aden gasped and Aden could feel his heart leaping out of him. He watched in disbelief as the judge pounded his gavel against the table. He tried to be strong on the outside and not show any emotion but on the inside he felt like he wanted to die. The police hurriedly approached Aden and began to hand cuff him. He slowly turned around to his family and saw Nicole screaming at the judge with Drew trying to calm her down. Roman was trying to remain strong for Aden but Aden could tell that he was disappointed with the decision. He then turned to a frail, week girl moping alone in the corner, refusing any of her family and friends to go near her. Aden felt pain hinder him throughout his body and he saw how defeated she looked. Her afraid and broken eyes met Aden’s eyes and Aden could see the worry build up in her eyes, for him and their daughter. She wanted to yell out to him that she loved him but the words couldn’t come out of her mouth. She went to quickly run to him but her knees gave on her and she fell to the hard ground, whimpering.

“ADEN!!” she finally screamed out.

“Belle, be strong you’ll be fine Belle”, Aden cried trying to convince her but there was no point.

“What about Chloe, what am I going to do”, she yelled to Aden who was being pulled away by the police.

“She’ll be fine Belle, because she has the strongest and best mother in the world”, Aden genuinely and calmly told her.

“What about me Aden, what about us”

Aden let out a gulp and turned his face away from Belle as it was too hard to look at her. He wanted so much to be with her but he had to do the right thing by her.

“Belle there is no us. I’ll see you when I get out of jail but you have to move on with your life”, he cried to Belle who was now walking towards her.

“No Aden, no, no Aden, don’t leave me, don’t do this. I was an idiot to break up with you and I shouldn’t have. I love you”

Aden’s eyes filled with shock and pain as he looked up at her. Without thinking he broke away from the polices’ hold and began to run to Belle and hugged her.

“I love you, too”, he whispered into her ears with tears pouring from his eyes. “but you have to promise me that you will get on with your life and I don’t want you to wait for me”, he grabbed her hand and slid off the ring that he always wore and placed it tightly in her hand.

The police ran up to Aden and grabbed him, trying to force the two apart. Belle continued to hold onto Aden’s hand but eventually Aden let go.

“No Aden, no, you didn’t mean to hurt Sean. It’s not fair. You said you’ll never leave me again. ADEN!!!!” She yelled grabbing her heart.

Aden walked with the police and finally was out of Belle’s sight.

She fell to the ground screaming in agony whilst Nicole and Annie quickly came to comfort Belle.

Belle pulled away from Nicole’s and Annie’s hugs and ran to Irene who was in her wheel chair, and flung herself onto her foster mother.

“Shhh, love, shhhh”, Irene calmly told her and she hugged her with so much love and Belle began to let out all the pain and tears.

“Well, well, well, boys, look what we have here, new meat”, said a rough man who was obviously the ‘main man’ of the jail.

“Pretty”, said a smaller, skinnier man.

“What’s your name”, the bigger man hissed.

Aden continued to look down at the ground.

“Loser, when I speak to you, you don’t ignore me. Otherwise if you do, you might get a nasty surprise in your bed at night”, he spoke firmly causing the other men around him to laugh.

“Yeah nasty”, they all echoed.

“Look mate, I’m not scared of you”, Aden shot back with a look of power and anger in his eyes.

“Maybe not now pretty boy, but soon you’ll be”, he laughed as he shoved Aden into his cell.

“And I’m not your mate. I don’t hang out with children”, the large, muscular man hissed and the crowd around him laughed.

“By the way, how’s your grandfather going?” the muscular man continued to speak looking at Aden, who looked up horrified. “Absolute legend that guy”, he continued looking around at his friends and telling them the story. “War hero, but better well known for the, well should I say love, he gave to his grandchildren”, the man began to laugh.

“If you mess with me Jefferies, I’ll get one of my boys to finish where your grandfather left off”, he laughed powerfully, feeling satisfied with the frightened look in Aden’s eyes.

“RIGHT, what’s going on here”, a jail guard loudly interrupted the ‘leader of the pack’, and looking at Aden.

“Nothing sir”, Aden quietly said looking to the ground. He was still confused as to how the ‘bully’ knew about him and his grandfather.

“Well there better not be”, the guard looked towards the big, tough brown haired man, eyeing him down before telling him, “If you cause any more trouble, you will be sent to the city jail faster than you can blink an eyelid, you got that”.

“Yes sir”, the bully walked off smiling back at Aden.

“Now you tell me if he gives you any grief”, the guard sternly told Aden. “He is the nastiest bully I have ever met in all my twenty years of being a guard”.

Something then clicked as to why this man felt a little familiar. He was sure he had seen him around the bay before.

“Officer, what’s his name”, Aden queried.

The officer softly spoke, “Jessie McGregor”.

• 2 weeks later...

:o I can't believe he was found guilty :( Even worse is the way he's being treated in jail! I really hope nothing bad happens to him :(

Loved the last two chapters! Chloe's birthday was just too cute.

Can't wait for more. :)

Thanks guys for the commens and thanks for reading. :D I love getting input as it helps with making decisions to what happenes next. Here goes the next chapter so sit back, relax (have a kit kat if you want!) and enjoy!

Chapter 12

Eight months had passed since Aden had been taken to jail. It had been tough, especially not having Belle or his daughter to brighten up his day. Every day his mind reluctantly and painfully drifted to thoughts of his twenty month year old daughter chatting away like her mother and providing joy for everyone around her. The thing that hurt him the most was that by now Chloe probably wouldn’t even remember her father. A tear began to trigger in his eye as he pulled out his favourite photo of what could have been a happy, little family. He ran his finger down the side that Belle was in and longed to smell her, to touch her soft, petite body, to kiss her passionately and to tell her once again that he loved her. But he may never be able to get to do any of that again.

His thoughts slowly began to drift away as he could hear heavy footsteps approaching his cell.

“Hey, pretty boy”, came Jessie’s sarcastic voice.

“What a happy little family you have their”, he said watching Aden quickly shove the photo under his sheets.

“Go away McGregor”, Aden spat looking slightly intimidated.

“Don’t be like that Jefferies, I know you like the presence of older males now don’t you”, he teased and began to laugh.

Aden sat their trying to ignore him but anger built up quickly in Aden’s heart. It was extremely easy for Aden to get angry these days as he didn’t have Belle’s presence to ease the pain.

“Come on hit me Jefferies, give me your best shot”, Jessie egged him on.

“I wouldn’t even bother wasting my best shot on you because my worst shot will knock you to the ground, no worries”.

“Ooooo fighting words for someone who couldn’t even fight his grandad off him”.

Aden’s blood began to boil and his face quickly reddened, his fist began to clench and without thinking he began to move slowly towards Jessie.

“You don’t have the guts, mate”, Jessie spat as he too clenched his wrists ready for a fight.

“Oh I have plenty of guts, it’s you who’s gutless”, Aden spoke softly making his way closer to Jessie.

“Go on then, you low life, do it”, Jessie hissed.

“Nah I wouldn’t waste my time on a hypocrite like you, who killed a girl because they turned you down”, Aden regrettably

said in the heated moment.

“What did you say?” Jessie furiously replied, as he began to move towards Aden and shook him.

“sor...sorry” Aden nervously replied as he saw the pain and anger shine in Jessie’s eyes.

“SORRY, YOU’RE SORRY, You don’t even know the story mate”, he yelled as tears burned out of his eyes and he ran to

Aden’s bed and pulled out the photo of Aden, Belle and Chloe. Without hesitation he hurriedly ripped the photo into tiny pieces. Aden rushed to quickly grab his only precious possession from the fuming man but it was too late. His precious memory was now in pieces, just like everything else in Aden’s life.

Burning, Aden clenched his fists and punched Jessie in the nose. Jessie quickly retaliated but the heated fight was rapidly intervened by the security guards.

Both men were thrown in separate detention cells where they were to spend three lonely and horrendous nights. They both sat regretting their actions, analysing the mess that got them into jail in the first place. Jessie fetched a photo from his pocket, of his daughter Rachel and forcibly tried to suppress the tears that were burning in his eyes.

Jessie’s behaviour towards the other inmates had improved a lot however he and Aden always clashed from the beginning. Jessie felt threatened by Aden but there was another reason why he felt pleasure in bullying Aden, which he continued to hide from everyone. Jessie was jailed five years ago for the manslaughter of the girl of his dreams, Chloe. The guilt and hurt initially turned him into a horrific person as bullying others was the only way the pain of Chloe’s death hurt him less. Every night he had nightmares about the ‘accident’ and would continuously see Chloe dying in his dreams. If he could turn back time, he would happily swap places with Chloe. He hated himself so much that he decided to begin acting like a person that everyone else could hate. Though, Jessie McGregor’s behaviour began to slowly change four months ago when he found another reason why he should live in life. He found out that he had another daughter and she lived in summer bay.

“So how sexy am I”, the blonde teasingly asked her boyfriend as she slowly and seductively moved her fingers up her boyfriend’s bare chest.

“I dunno Franklin, pretty average if you ask me”

“Hey”, she hurtfully mocked and playfully slapped him on the arm.

“You slap like a girl”

“Well, that’s what I am, would you like to check”, Nicole said teasingly winking at Drew.

She then slowly laid on top of him and began kissing him passionately when a loud crash came from the room next to them.

“What was that?” Nicole asked slightly shaking.

“I dunno but it sound like someone trying to climb through Aden’s.. I mean the other room’s window”, Drew sensitively replied.

“Yeah, as if, unless it was super man, who would be stupid enough to try and climb two stories” but as Nicole finished they heard a noise that caused the both of them to laugh and realised what had happened.

“A drunk Taylor”, Drew nodded towards the room smiling as they both quickly got dressed and went to check if they were right.

“Busted”, came a little giggle underneath the window.

“Well, well, well look what the cat dragged in”, drew said amusingly, looking at the state Belle was in.

“What, no cat dragged me in, I let you know I climbed that ten metre tree my self and then got through this window all by myself”.

“Congratulations, but why?”, Nicole asked trying not to burst out into laughter.

“Well durrrr it’s Aden’s birthday and I thought he would like a present”, she spoke excitedly.

“Well, I think any man would like a girl coming through their bedroom window at 2 o’clock in the morning but you do realise that he doesn’t live here anymore”, Drew sensitively told her.

“Yes silly, I know that and I’m not the present”, she spoke as if Drew was dumb. “This is the present” she pulled out a silver delicate photo frame with a black and white picture of Aden cuddling a baby Chloe.

“Aww, that’s so adorable”, Nicole spoke as her heart melt.

“Even though his been a naughty boy and living in jail, I thought he could do with at least one present on his birthday, even though he won’t get it after next years birthday”, she spoke with hurt plastered across his face.

“Well I’m sure he’ll love it, Belle”, Nicole whispered to her as she placed an arm around her.

“So why couldn’t you wait until the morning?”, Drew quizzed Belle with a yawn.

“I just wanted to give a whole new meaning to express post. And besides Aden used to climb through my window so I wanted to do something on his birthday that represents... well us”.

“And so the fact that you’re drunk has nothing to do with it?” Drew laughed

“Andrew whats your middle name Curtis I am not drunk”, Belle replied in dismay.

“No because when you’re sober you get this sudden urge to climb through windows and play santa clause at 2 o’clock in the morning.

“Well at least this Santa Clause didn’t go down the chimney”, Belle said rather pleased at herself.

“Belle we don’t even own a chimney”, Nicole laughed.

“Oh yeah I forgot, Santa wouldn’t want to visit this place of naughty boys and girls would he”, Belle said winking. “Why are you two up at two in the morning anyway, hey, naughty, naughty, naughty”.

“Belle!” Nicole exclaimed.

“Lucky I got the right window then wasn’t it”, Belle laughed as she saw the guilty look on Nicole’s face.

“Alright, you’re fun’s over now Taylor, off you go”, Drew said trying to shoe her out.

“No, I haven’t sang happy birthday yet”, Belle announced matter of factly.

“Belle, I don’t think his going to hear you sing happy birthday from here”, Drew said chuckling.

“Well we’ll just have to sing louder won’t we”, Belle ordered back handing him and Nicole sparkling party hats.

“What’s this for”, Nicole asked bursting out in fits.

“Well what do ya think it’s for. You put it on your head. That’s this thing here if you’re unsure where it is, Nicole”, Belle said pointing to her head.

“Ha, ha, ha, you’re so funny”, Nicole mocked.

“And here’s a hair brush just for you Nicole so it doesn’t mess your hair too much”, Belle seriously told her.

“Well party hats on! And let’s start singing” Belle said trying to stand up on the bed but immediately fell off.

“What’s going on here?” Jazz tiredly spoke as she entered Aden’s old room.

“Belle’s smashed”, Nicole promptly explained.

“Ha and she’s managed to get you two wearing sparkling party hats. Oh I love that girl”, Jazz said bursting into hysterics,

whilst Nicole and Drew quickly scrambled to get the party hats off.

“By the way Drew, glittering pink really suits you”, Jazz said winking at her son.

“Shutup Mum”.

“Anyway I think you better get Belle home before she starts to christen this place with you know what because there’s no way I’m cleaning up her mess”, Jazz ordered.

“Mum you’ve never cleaned up in your life”, Drew laughed as he carried a passed out Belle to his car and took her home.

“Afternoon missy” Irene excitedly spoke. “Someone had a big night last night”.

“Yeah and I’m paying for it now. I don’t even remember what happened”, Belle moaned.

“Well don’t worry, Drew and Nicole have made sure that everyone in summer bay knows what happened last night”,

Irene laughed.

“Drew and Nicole, how do they know? Actually I don’t want to know”.

“Mummy”, came an excited toddler running up to her mum and hugging her around her legs.

“Hello gorgeous!” Belle exclaimed suffocating her daughter with kisses and spinning her around.

“Weeeeeee”, Chloe let out with joy as her mum twirled her around.

“Again, again”, Chloe yelled jumping around.

“Oh dear, the pleasure of having a daughter when your hung over”, Belle mumbled to Irene her began to laugh.

“Maybe I can help”, came a familiar masculine voice, who entered through the back door.

Irene and Belle instantly looked up and ran to the muscular man in excitement.

“Geoff!” Belle exclaimed.

“McGregor”, came a loud call from one of the security guards.

Jessie slowly left his room and moved towards the guard ready to greet his visitor.

Aden watched the anxiety splashed across Jessie’s face and for once noticed that Jessie looked unconfident. It had been a week since their altercation and they had managed to stay out of each others way. Jessie slowly shuffled past Aden’s cell and continued to look straight at the guard who was guiding him to the visitor’s room.

Aden continued on with what he was doing but then something from the corner of his eye caught his attention.

A paper was accidently floating away from Jessie’s pocket, without Jessie realising. It finally touched the ground and Aden found that he was tempted to see what it was.

He continued to write in his diary until the temptation of finding more about Jessie became too much and he slowly exited his cell and moved towards the paper. He looked around to make sure that he was the only one who noticed the letter and quickly placed it in his pocket and headed back to his cell.

After a few hours Aden persuaded himself to open the worn out and badly folded letter. He puzzledly looked at the black ink and found the writing to be very familiar. He began to read the letter in his head, which wrote:

Jessie,

Thanks for your other letter and I am still very, very sorry that it took me so long to tell me about your daughter. I haven’t even had the guts to tell her yet as I once told her that I didn’t know how to get in contact with you and I didn’t really know who her father was, but of course I lied. That’s all I seem to be good at. I am a hopeless mother, that’s why I think its time that she knew who her father is, because at least you will probably be more supportive and a better parent then what I am.

Our daughter is a beautiful young woman. I am so proud of her and she is one of the most loving and caring Mum’s I’ve seen. She has been through so much, especially due to her ex-boyfriend, but she has got through every bit of pain as a better person each time. She’s extremely strong and feisty (definitely our daughter) and she stands up for whatever she believes in. I am planning to tell her about you very soon but it might take her a little while to get use to the idea but eventually she’ll come around. I’m really glad that you want to get to know her.

I’ll pop in and visit you soon to show you some photos of her.

Take Care

Amanda

Aden’s body began to tense up as he re-read the letter again and again, wishing that he didn’t read it but every time he read the letter he was more and more convinced that Belle was Jessie's daughter.

Archived