The Journey Back to Life

Guest Niara

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flamming heck, Alf, just give me another beer,” Belle laughed in hysterics. She thought she was so funny.

“Yeah Alf, be the gentlemen and give the girl another beer”, Drew drunkenly rationalized.

“I think you kids have had enough”, Alf firmly advised them.

“Booooo,” Belle hissed, “You’re such a party pooper, Alfred Flamming Stewart! Ha I’m so funny”, she laughed out loud, making Drew burst out in fits.

I can imagine that happening, so funny :lol: I only just found this fic!!! and it's sooooo gooood. I love it seriously!! Please update soon :D Could you leave me a message on my profile letting me know when you've updated thanks xxx

Thanks again to the people who have been reading this and to those who have left comments! :)

This is just a short chapter, though I don't think I'm going to have many happy people after this chapter :lol:

CHAPTER EIGHT

Belle stood there in total shock, trying to comprehend the words that Sean just said. She couldn’t understand how Sean could love her as she was sure she hadn’t been sending any signals. She continued to look at Sean with a stunned face and started to think about how much Aden would flip out if he knew but that wasn’t going to happen as she wasn’t going to tell him.

“Belle?” Sean questioned her hesitantly, feeling as though his stomach was going to explode. This was the first time ever he had actually cared about someone other than himself. He felt as though he would do anything for her, as she had done everything for him. “Belle, aren’t you going to say something?, he softly asked.

Belle finally built up the courage and tentatively replied, “I’m so sorry Sean if I gave you the wrong impression but I don’t feel the same way. I care about you but only as a friend”.

Sean started to shake his head and said “look Belle, I know you want to protect Aden and yeah that’s cool but his going to cotton on sooner or later about our feelings towards each other”.

Belle stood there confused, his stubbornness reminding her of Aden and replied, “Aden won’t find out because I don’t have any feelings for you Sean” Belle adamantly and loudly pointed out.

Sean walked closer to Belle but Belle slowly backed away from him. “Belle, I know you love me so stop being stubborn and admit it”, Sean began to yell and get aggressive.

Belle started to panic, her hands began to shake and the look in Sean’s eyes made her frightened. She quickly began to shuffle for the door but before she could leave Sean ran to it and locked it.

Shock ran through her face, sweet was beginning to build up, her heart beated intensively. She desperately wanted someone to come in and get her out of this mess but no one was coming. She felt like a little school girl, quiet and helpless.

“You’re not going any where Belle until we work this out” Sean hissed at her.

Belle couldn’t believe the sudden change in Sean’s personality. He had always treated her with respect and been so gentle to her. Aden had warned her that he had an extremely bad temper but she didn’t understand how bad it was. She looked into his eyes, which looked so predatorily, as though he was lion, out to get what was rightfully his.

“I know you love me Belle, so just admit it”, he snapped while shaking her. He couldn’t control himself anymore as much as he wanted to, he could only do the thing that he knew how to do. The thing that his Grandfather did to him, when his grandfather was furious at him.

He slowly walked over to a petrified Belle. He grabbed her and threw her to the floor. Anger was steaming out of his eyes and a small tear began to run down Belle’s fragile face. She knew exactly what Sean was going to do. She tried to scream though she was so scared that no noise escaped her mouth. She looked at the floor, not able to give him eye contact. She tried with all her might kicking and punching him but it was no good, Sean was way to strong for her. He ripped of her top.

Finally words came out of her mouth, “Noooooo!! Sean don’t please, please Sean don’t do it, please”, she pleaded scared with tears streaming down her face. She had no energy left to fight. She’d rather be dead at this point of time, than to have this happen to her. Sean continued to rip off her clothes, his eyes were boiling with anger.

Suddenly the door flung open, Belle and Sean both turned around to see Aden standing in the door way. His face automatically went into a dark red colour. His eyes were fuming with anger. Belle had never seen anyone as angry as he was.

He ran over to Sean and shouted “GET OFF HER! GET OFF HER NOW!”

Sean was stunned and slowly moved away from Belle.

Aden tightened his fist and began to punch Sean again and again. Even when his grandfather did this to Aden he never had felt this angry before. The fact that someone had done it to Belle and that she looked so beaten and hurt was enough to make him want to kill the person. He now hated Sean more than he had ever hated his grandfather.

He continued to kick and punch Sean, “Yeah not so macho now, are you jerk?” Aden laughed as he watched his brother’s scared little face, like a scared little pussy cat.

“Aden, no, Aden please don’t”, Belle pleaded sobbing to Aden but it was no use. Aden’s extreme anger had taken over him and he was on a mission to kill Sean.

He continued to punch and kick Sean but then he turned to Belle’s face and suddenly something struck him so hard. It was the look in her eyes. He had never seen her so scared and worried, not even when he was going to kill his father. All of a sudden, looking at Belle’s frightened face made his anger flush away.

He kicked his brother for the last time and ran quickly ran to comfort Belle. Belle suddenly moved away from Aden, still fearful of what had been happening. Aden’s eyes screamed of hurt, that Belle couldn’t even stand him touching her.

At that moment Roman entered his house to find an unconscious and bloodied Sean lying in his lounge.

Gosh can't believe Aden had gone too far bashing Sean up like that! :o :o

Oh well he was just protecting Belle and should have punched Sean once! I hope Sean is going to be okay. But I don't feel sorry for him because he was attempting to hurt Belle.

Hope it won't break Aden and Belle up again

Update soon please

:o Wow. I definately didn't expect that!!

Another awesome chapter! I cannot believe that Sean snapped like that and tried to attack her. I was so glad when Aden arrived, but whoa. Didn't expect him to try and almost kill him. Perhaps hit him a few times, but that's it. I liked your reasoning of it all, too. Not that I agree with what either one of them did, but it justified their actions for themselves [if that makes sense?].

Poor Belle!! First Sean attacks her, and now she's scared of Aden. I don't blame her though, after seeing him flip out like that. So glad that he stopped. And that Roman arrived home at the end. That was a great place to end it, but it's driving me crazy! I need more!!!

Update soon, please! :D

Thanks heaps again to everyone who's commenting and reading. It really means a lot and it's great to hear everyone's feedback so thanks.

Hope you'll ready for chapter nine, here it goes.

CHAPTER NINE

Belle jumped at the male doctor touching her arm to take her blood pressure, though she hid it from everyone. Being almost raped yesterday and watching Aden nearly kill his brother had made her petrified of any male touching her.

Irene cringed at the hurt she witnessed in her foster daughter’s eyes. She had never seen Belle so frightened and defeated. Belle was always the type of girl who would never let anyone overcome her but now Irene just saw a terrified fragile, girl before her. Irene stretched out her hand for Belle and Belle immediately grasped onto it as if a baby would. Irene didn’t need to speak because Belle could feel the love and support, from Irene, more than words could ever say.

“Hey sweetie”, Rachel caringly said as she slowly entered the room. “How are you feeling?” she asked.

Belle squeaky and delicate voice quietly spoke, “ok”.

Rachel nodded acknowledging that Belle was doing pretty well considering the circumstances. “Well we’re going to send you home today but on the guidelines that you see a councillor every second day”.

Belle agreed. Normally she would be against this but she knew that if she didn’t she would be back to the state she was in when she went to the clinic and she couldn’t do that for her daughter’s sake.

“Is there anything you want me to do?” Rachel asked with concern and love.

“No, I’ll be ok, thanks Rach for everything you’ve done”, Belle said gratefully.

Rachel had stayed in Belle’s room most of the night last night, to offer her protection and comfort.

Angelo Rossetta walked over to Aden with a smug look. There was nothing he enjoyed more that seeing Aden in this mess as Angelo had warned Belle that this happen but she was to stubborn and blinded by love to believe him.

He strutted up to Aden, confidently and then held out the handcuffs in front of him.

“Aden Jefferies, we are placing you in custody for the bashing of Sean Larry Jefferies....” Angelo said loudly and arrogantly.

Aden had a regretful look plastered on his face and walked into the lonely and tiny cell at the Summer Bay police station. He fetched a photo in his pocket of his perfect little family. He and Belle had their arms placed round each other with wide lovingly smiles plastered on their faces. His young little daughter stood with one leg on Aden’s and one leg on Belle’s leg and was held tightly by her parents. Her little blonde locks shone gracefully in the sun and her smile was as beautiful as that of her parents. A tear began to roll down Aden’s check as he thought that this might be the last photo that he would ever have with Belle.

Belle sat on the couch curled up to Annie, who was patting Belle on her back. Belle’s eyes were red and swollen and her hands were still slightly shaking.

Belle’s mind drifted off to the next time she was going to confront Aden. She knew that she had to break up with him but didn’t know how she could do it considering she still loved the ‘real’ Aden so much. The man that punched and kicked his brother wasn’t the Aden she was use to, he was an ugly man that she couldn’t be with anymore.

“The police just rang then love”, Irene told Belle.

“Sean has been arrested and there’s no chance he will get bail, looks like he will go straight back to prison. Aden has also been arrested but he might be lucky and get bail” continued Irene.

Belle flinched at the sound of there names. She was glad that Sean was most likely going to be locked up again but was terrified that Aden might be going to jail as he didn’t belong there.

Chloe began to yell out, after waking up from her afternoon nap. Annie quickly bounced up and grabbed the little girl. She cuddled her and tickled the giggling girl saying “you’re so cute, yes you are, yes you are” in a baby type voice.

Chloe’s mum’s face automatically lit up as she ran and got her precious girl off Annie. Belle swirled Chloe around in the air. Chloe giggled and smiled in excitement. Belle sat down and stood Chloe up on her legs wiggling her from side to side. Chloe turned to her mother in confusion, analysing the faces in front of her and said “Addy?”

Belle’s heart sank at the sight of Chloe missing her Daddy. How was Chloe going to cope without her Dad around?

Annie placed a supportive arm around Belle’s brittle shoulder to show Belle that she wasn’t going to cope alone.

“Knock, knock”, came a cheery classy females voice.

“Hi, come in darl”, Irene willingly acknowledge and wheeled to the kitchen to greet the blonde.

Belle turned around to see Nicole waltz in her lounge room. It was nice to have someone visit but Nicole’s connection to Aden just made Belle realise how much she missed him.

“I come with gifts”, Nicole announced proudly handing Belle a bright baby pink gift bag. “There’s enough chocolate, make up and magazines to last you three life times”, Nicole told her and by looking at the amount of stuff she bought, she wasn’t joking!

“Aw thanks Nic,” Belle said softly giving her a hug.

Nicole turned to Chloe and started to tickle her happy little niece.

“Don’t you look pretty today”, Nicole said to the little girl wearing a pink dress and white dress, with her hair up high, held together by a pink ribbon, like bam bam on the Flintstones. “It’s so obvious that your Mum dressed you today and not your silly Daddy as he doesn’t have much taste when it comes to baby clothes”, Nicole pointed out matter of factly.

Belle let out a little giggle, which left Annie and Irene in shock. They hadn’t seen Belle smile in a few days now.

“So who wants chocolate”, Belle asked gleefully holding a block of cadbury’s highly and waving it in her hand. The three other women held out their hands straight away.

The four of them continued to munch and talk for the next hour or so. Irene and Annie would occasionally glance at Belle and smile at the content in her face. She still properly didn’t look and act like the Belle they were use to but there was a lot more spark in her than this morning.

Irene went to grab another piece of chocolate and asked confusedly, “Hey, who took all the chocolate?” A little giggle came from near the TV and the four girls quickly turn their heads, to see Chloe holding an empty packet of chocolate, with melted chocolate all across her face and dress.

“Taylor that’s enough for you”, Drew said seriously while walking into the surf club and seeing Belle with a bottle in her hand, before releasing she was drinking an OJ.

“You idiot, Drew”, she smirked, “you do remember I’m a professional mother”, she said as they both laughed, remembering the night they were both last here.

“So, you’ve seen him yet?” Drew asked.

“Nice to see you drew, yeah I’m not too bad thanks, you really do get straight to the point”, Belle joked.

“Sorry, so have you seen Aden?” Drew continued to ask.

“No and I don’t think I’m going to see him”, Belle kind of snapped.

“Oh that’s smart especially in a small town like this, trying to avoid him” Drew laughed in a mock tone.

“Well he’ll be in jail soon so what’s the point?” Belle snapped back, her heart hurting so much at the words jail.

“Belle, there’s a good chance he won’t end up in jail”, Drew reasoned.

“And there’s every chance he will”, Belle sighed.

Drew looked at the emotionally wrecked girl in front of her. She was hurting so dreadfully and all he wanted to do was comfort and convince her that everything will be ok. But who was he kidding, Belle was right that there was every chance that Aden could soon be in jail.

“You should have seen him, Drew. I thought he was going to kill Sean”, Belle began to sob, not controlling the tears anymore.

“But he didn’t kill, Sean”, Drew stated seriously. “He stopped himself”.

“A little too late”, Belle angrily said.

“Do you blame him? Seeing the girl that he loves being put though what he was put through by his grandfather must have been the hardest thing for him to ever take in”, Drew rationalized with Belle.

“Since when have you ever stood up for Aden?” Belle asked surprised. “I thought you don’t like him?”

“I don’t, I think his a jerk but he’s the jerk that you love and I can understand why he did what he did. He had tried so hard to forget about his past and move on from the horrible years that he had with living with his grandfather but all of a sudden seeing you so weak and scared would have automatically opened those box of fears up again. Having an experience like that happen to you Belle, time and time again will have some effect on you for the rest of your life, after all Belle, not sure if you realise but Aden is only human”, he smirked.

“Yeah a human that has almost gone and killed two people now”, Belle replied.

“Almost, Belle, almost. He has been put through more things than anyone could ever imagine and he has managed to restrain himself from killing someone. Both times Belle, both times he controlled himself”.

“But this time he was worse”, Belle said softly with a horrified look on her face. “I have never seen anyone so angry in my life”.

“No wonder he was worse”, Drew reacted passionately. “He’s a guy, Taylor and his brother who he didn’t really trust, was doing the worst thing imaginable to his girl. He probably blames himself that he didn’t protect you. It’s easier to deal with something that has happened to you but to watch it happening to someone you love would be ten times worse”, Drew told her.

Belle looked at Drew and was shocked by how much maturity he had shown. What Drew was saying was starting to make sense and now she was having doubts about breaking up with Aden. Should she give him another chance, she thought.

Belle walked along the beach, after Drew’s conversation, contemplating whether she should go and visit Aden. She watched the waves intently and trailed off into her thoughts about whether she should break it off with Aden.

“Belle”, a cautious yell came from behind her.

Belle startled. She wasn’t expecting to hear his voice so quickly and it caught her off guard. She went to turn away and run off from him but she managed to stop herself and confronted him.

“Belle, I’m so so sorry. I know what I did was wrong and to ever act like that I know you will struggle to forgive me. And for me to act like that in front of you, I will struggle to forgive myself”, Aden whimpered, with honesty in his eyes.

Belle stood there with mixed emotions running through her like crazy.

Belle, I love you and to see that happening to you, it killed me. I, out of all the people, know exactly what it feels like and I blame myself that it was my own flesh and blood that did that to you”, Aden apologised.

“Aden its not your fault what happened to me so don’t you ever blame yourself. Though it was your fault with what happen to Se-“

“I know Belle and if I could take it back I would. Though I promise you I will never do something like that again”, Aden pleaded.

“That’s what you said when you tried to kill your father and look you did it again”, Belle responded with tears down her eyes.

“Belle, he was hurting you more than anyone could possibly hurt you and my love and protection for you was what made me lose it but it was also my love for you which made me stop. Both times, I stopped killing someone because I love you, Belle”, Aden whispered.

“So if you didn’t love me you probably won’t have a father and brother right now, is that what your saying”, Belle quizzed him.

“Probably, maybe, I don’t know. But what I’m really saying is there are two types of me. There is that afraid, little boy, who was abused by my grandfather, who hates the world and everyone around him. Who treats people like dirt because he can’t face with what happened to him. Then there is the other Aden Jefferies, who cares so much for the people he loves. Who will stand up for what he believes in and who treats everyone with decency and respect. That’s the guy I am now and it’s because of you Belle, that I am that person. I love you more that I have ever loved anyone and I promise, promise you that I will do anything in my power not to lose control again”, Aden pleaded desperately, through his watery eyes.

“Aden, I love you I do but that other Aden Jefferies, is a guy who I’m afraid of. He really scared me the other night and what happens if you ever loose it at me”, Belle asked scared of his response.

His face automaticlly dropped at the thought of her even asking that question.

“Belle, I could never lose it at you, never! The three people that I have only ever lost it at, my grandfather, father and brother, did things to me that hurt me more than anything else could. I will never lose it with you, that I can definitely promise you”, he said passionately.

“Aden, what if our daughter was in the room”, Belle questioned noticing with a look of horror on his face.

“Lucky she wasn’t. If she was Belle I don’t think I could ever forgive myself”, Aden said crying into his hands.

That sat down together on the sand wayching the waves crash and break, just like their relationship.

Belle looked at him for the first time since the incident, feeling so sorry for him. She finally could see how badly Aden was hurting and how much he really was sorry. She still didn’t know whether she could ever get over the hurt and fear, which Aden had caused. She had nightmares every night but in these nightmares it was Aden punching her. She looked into his apologetic and frightened eyes where she saw the Aden that she loved.

She listened to her heart and head and finally decided whether or not she would dump Aden.

TBC!!!! :lol:

Aw.....!! Belle :( :( :(

Another great chapter!! I loved all iof Belle's internal debate about what to do with Aden. It's so realistic, especially now with Chloe and all.

Can't believe that Drew was the voice of reason here, but it worked so well. I'm glad they had that little chat.

I hope Belle makes the right choice. Even I feel sorry for Aden, and what he did was really wrong!

Cannot wait for more!!

Archived