Learn To Let Go

Guest KaiyaBlake

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Ready or not, here I come”, she called out excitedly before running around frantically to find him.

Jack snickered to himself. He definitely had the best hiding spot.

“I can just see you Jack”, she giggled from behind him.

“Nawww!”, he whined as he turned to see her standing there. “That isn’t fair! I bet you peaked…”

“Nope”, she answered smartly. “You just chose a really skinny tree to hide behind”

N'awww aren't they just the cutest little munchkins :P:lol: ?

Annd YAY!! for Jacky, he got onto the footy team :D

I love love love this story :wub:

More soon pleeeeease :D

“Ready or not, here I come”, she called out excitedly before running around frantically to find him.

Jack snickered to himself. He definitely had the best hiding spot.

“I can just see you Jack”, she giggled from behind him.

“Nawww!”, he whined as he turned to see her standing there. “That isn’t fair! I bet you peaked…”

“Nope”, she answered smartly. “You just chose a really skinny tree to hide behind”

:lol: Poor Jack! He really thought he had found the best hiding post.

I'm glad things are getting a bit better but they are still a bit awkward. <_<

I have a bad feeling about Matt and Daniel. I don't know why though.

More please.

Thankyou all so much for your comments! :lol:

Here's the next chapter forrr you guys!

Enjoy ^_^

Chapter 4

She was in hysterics as he showed her the photo in his little hand.

“Stop it”, he scolded her. “Show me yours”, he demanded before pulling the photo from her grasp.

“Don’t”, she tried to stop laughing but couldn’t. What 5 year old wouldn’t find each others first school photo funny?

“You look silly”, he started to crack up.

“At least I have all my teeth”, she grinned cheakily at him.

“So. Mine are just going to grow back nice and strong”, he argued back remembering what his mum had said to him.

“Teeth don’t grow back!” she exclaimed and giggled at the look of horror on his face.

“Meany”, he pouted before running off to his mum.

-------------------

“So you’re saying you fell?”, Brad looked at her suspiciously.

They had been talking about the same thing for about 10 minutes, Brad occasionally noting things down.

“Yes”, she sighed for the millionth time that day. She actually started to feel like she was on trial, something she was all too familiar with.

“I know this must be frustrating for you Martha”, he said when he noticed her discomfort. “But we have got people who claimed to have seen a certain student push you…”

“Well they should really stay out of it. I fell okay? That’s it”, she ended the conversation before starting to walk out of his office.

“Does Sally know?”, he stopped her before she reached the door. “You might feel like lying to the school, but at least tell her…”, he explained as she kept walking once more.

Martha knew he was right. No, she hadn’t told Sally. It wasn’t something she couldn’t deal with on her own. She had told Jack, what did he do?

She kept walking down the hallway of the school, the light blearing into her eyes… no wonder she didn’t see where she was going.

“Watch it!”, she heard him yell.

She crouched down on the floor in pain, her ribs throbbing from the impact.

“Oh, sorry”, he immediately apologized as he realised what had happened.

He held down his hand and she took it immediately, not really caring who was helping her.

“Are you okay?”, he asked as she stood up.

“I’m fine”, she muttered back.

“I’m really sorry, I’m Daniel”, he said extending his hand once more to her, but this time, for a handshake.

“I know”, she took his hand hesitantly. “Martha”, she decided to introduce herself.

“I know too”, he smirked. “Jack’s girl?”

“Yeah”, she replied, kind of surprised that Jack had mentioned her.

“I’m on his team”, he told her, knowing full well what she was wondering.

Martha smiled. He actually wasn’t as bad as she thought. “Wh-”

“Martha”, Jack interupted her. “Daniel? Didn’t know you both had met…”, he laughed before shaking his hand.

“Nar just now actually”, Daniel told him. “I kind of knocked her over”, he added shyly.

“Ahh I see”

“I’m totally fine by the way”, Martha cut in with a wave of the hand.

“Oh woops”, Jack laughed uneasily as he reached out to hug her.

“Nup”, she pushed him back before starting to walk away.

Jack ran after her immediately, looping his arms gently around her waste from behind as he caught her. “Don’t be like that babe”

By now they had both completely forgotten about their conversation with Daniel.

He stood there, watching as they ran off together, Jack peppering kisses on her neck whilst Martha laughed happily. They were both so oblivious to everyone else in the school.

----------------------------------

Later that afternoon…

“Break!”, the coach called out to them on the field. “Good job”, he patted Jack on the back as he passed him.

“Yeah thanks”, he smiled back before heading back to the change rooms.

“Hey mate”, Daniel greeted Jack as he walked in.

“Hey”, he replied before chucking off his shirt to get changed.

“Sorry about earlier… with Martha”, Daniel apologized again.

Jack laughed. “It’s no worries”, he assured him. “She’s alright”

“You guys have been together for a while now hey?”, he asked.

Gee this guy isn’t sly, Jack thought to himself. “Yeah”, he laughed slightly. “How come?”

“Just wondering”, Daniel quickly answered with a smile before grabbing his stuff and heading for the showers.

“Yeah sure”, Jack muttered to himself, clearly amused by the whole conversation.

--------------------------------

Tasha’s house…

“It looks much better”, she agreed as she looked in the mirror once more.

“Yeah I guess”, she sighed, glazing her fingers over the faded bruise on her ribs.

“Seriously Mac. Stop acting so conscious, it looks fine”

Martha flung her top back down as she slouched on the bed. “I’m not conscious, I just… I hate that I’m letting her get to me like this”

“Who… Emma”, she stated obviously before sitting down on her bed next to her. “Martha, she’s nothing”, she scoffed, pulling her legs into her chest.

“She’s less then nothing”, she smirked. “If that’s even possible”

Tasha laughed. “For her, it is”, she nodded.

“How’s you and ahhh… Robbie?”, she raised her eyebrows knowingly.

“What?”, Tasha looked down immediately as she tried to hide her darkening cheeks.

“You two, rubbing up against each other in the hallway”, she pointed out.

“Oi”, she scolded her as she threw the nearest thing beside her at Martha. “Nothing’s going on”, she argued.

“Ow”, Martha scowled at her.

“What about you and Jack?”

“And the conversation lands back on this again…”, she sighed.

“We never-”

“We always”, she corrected her.

“Yeah whatever”, she gave in. “Yous aren’t as attached at the hip as you used to be. What happened?”

“Nothing”, Martha answered. “We’re actually pretty good right now”, she smiled contently to herself.

“Well I’m glad. Kinda jealous, but glad”, she smiled before getting up. “Now if you don’t mind, you need to go… I have stuff to do”, she tried to sound casual.

“What?”, Martha looked at her ridiculously.

“I just need to do stuff”, she persisted before glancing at he watch.

“What are you hiding?”, Martha asked bluntly before standing up to her level.

“Nothing!”, she exclaimed as she tried to push Martha out the door. Martha however, didn’t budge.

“I don’t think so”, she stayed still on the spot.

“Fine! Robbie may be coming over…”, she said as her voice broke into a whisper.

“Ooooh”, Martha started laughing.

“It’s not funny”

“Okay I’m going”, she held her hands up in defeat. “Have fun alright”, she smiled hopefully before leaving.

---------------------------

Later that night…

“Come on”, he nagged her.

“No. Why can’t we just talk?”, she pleaded with him nicely.

It was about 8pm and both Jack and Martha were snuggled up on Jack’s couch. Martha’s legs were tangled in between Jack’s and her arms were looped around his back.

“Fine”, he groaned, like it was the most boring thing in the world.

“How was your day?”, she kissed him on the lips lightly and smiled, happy with herself for winning over their conversation.

“Good. Practice was… great”, he grinned.

“I’m happy for you”, she told him.

“What about you? Anything special happen today?”

“Nope”, she shrugged. “Oh well, one thing, Robbie and Tasha are completely in love with each other”

“Really?”, he laughed. “That’s an odd pairing”

“Tell me about it”, she agreed.

“Hey guys”, Tony interrupted when he walked in the door.

“Hey”, they both replied in unison.

“Haven’t seen much of you around lately Martha. How you been?”, he asked sitting himself on the couch across from both of them.

“I’ve been good. Slowly recovering”, she sighed.

“I’m glad... So you guys haven’t been fighting?”, he asked suspiciously.

“Dad!”

“No”, Martha half lied. “How come?”

“No… no reason, I just can’t remember the last time you guys spent more then a day apart”, he laughed. “I mean, I remember when you two were little. Martha, you came over for the day. Oh god, when you left… Jack didn’t stop. He was histerically crying until you came back”, he laughed.

“Hey! I was only 3”, he argued, clearly embarrassed by it. By this time, Martha was also laughing at the image of Jack chucking a tantrum.

“Don’t you laugh Martha”, Tony stopped her. “When you were 6… You were so wrapped up in Jack here that you snuck out one night and I caught Jack trying to lift you in through his window! You were grounded for a week”, he smirked.

Jack poked out his tongue to Martha. “Okay, okay… so we were both pathetic little kids”, she gave in as Jack started to tickle her.

“Clearly much hasn’t changed”, Tony mused before standing up to leave them alone. “Remember [i[kids… no sleepovers”, he called out.

“mmm”, Martha groaned resting her forehead against Jack’s lips as he kissed her.

“I’m guessing that was your queue to leave”, he raised his eyebrows laughing.

“Pretty much”, she agreed. She knew she had to go, but still, she remained on the couch… nestled into his arms comfortably. “Can I ask you something?”

Jack pulled away from her slightly in response. “Yeah?”

“Do you see a future with me?”, she asked hesitantly.

“I do”, Jack answered almost immediately. “I mean, not everything works out as you plan it, but I’d like to think we have a future”, he smiled down at her, stroking her cheek softly with the back of his hand.

“I couldn’t agree more”, she said before moving into him closer. “You free tomorrow afternoon?”, she whispered as her energy started to fade.

“Footy”, Jack replied as he scooped her up in his arms.

“Again!”, her eyes drooped heavily. “Are you taking me home?”, she sighed, only know realising that they were outside.

“Sure am”

“Aww. My strong man”, she laughed quietly as she shut her eyes.

“Yeah about that”, he stopped walking. “Do you think you can walk the rest of the way?”

She knew she had to go, but still, she remained on the couch… nestled into his arms comfortably. “Can I ask you something?”

Jack pulled away from her slightly in response. “Yeah?”

“Do you see a future with me?”, she asked hesitantly.

“I do”, Jack answered almost immediately. “I mean, not everything works out as you plan it, but I’d like to think we have a future”, he smiled down at her, stroking her cheek softly with the back of his hand.

“I couldn’t agree more”, she said before moving into him closer.

^This part was my favourite, so sweeet :wub:

Jack is so cute, I just want to pinch his cheeks :lol:

Annd I can't help but think that Daniel is up to something :unsure:

Great chapter, moree soon :D

I'm not going to quote the childhood memories every time but I loved that one too. :wub:

I hated having my picture taken at school. You always look funny. <_<

You mentioned Jack's mum. She died, right? :unsure:

Why doesn't Martha tell Brad what really happened? He could prevent Emma from hurting her again, at least on school grounds. I hope she tells Alf or Sally.

Daniel'd better stay away from Martha. :angry: I don't know why but I have the feeling he is going to come between Jack and her.

More please.

Archived