Joey Collins - Kate Bell

alias

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is a character I like also. Admittedly there is not a great deal known about her as yet, but just the same I like her, look forward to seeing where they decide to go with the character from here on out, who she may become friends with, who she may get involved with, or maybe she just to be a short term character, hopfefully not though.

I just have to say that my cousin works on a prawn boat, not in Australia, but still.....anyway, they'd never let a woman on a boat like that. Fishermen consider it bad luck to have a woman on a boat, so it's all a bit rediculous that she's there in the first place.

That said she seems a likable enough character and I'm interested to see where they're going with it all.

It might be bad luck, but legally i don't think they can stop her if she's the best for the job, i'm sure women have worked on trawler boats before and still do.

I like Joey, she's street smart and tough as well as extremely adorable with Aden :wub:

The spoilers for her characters scare me though

:unsure:

It might be bad luck, but legally i don't think they can stop her if she's the best for the job, i'm sure women have worked on trawler boats before and still do.

I like Joey, she's street smart and tough as well as extremely adorable with Aden :wub:

The spoilers for her characters scare me though

:unsure:

^^ Same :unsure: tbh, I actually really enjoy her character. She seems like you'd find her rolling around in a muddy puddle with the boys :lol: But anyways, I hope there'll be more scenes with Joey in, because she'd bring heaps to the Bay.

I'm watching 4805 at the moment - and the preview for Joey's scene with Aden is breaking my heart ... I don't really want to watch it I don't think.

EDIT: watched it and regret it.

Excellent acting from the girl playing Joey - and from Todd also, the way it faded out with him cradling her saying "its ok" or whatever useless words he was saying over and over again. Brilliantly done for the scene -

and absolutely heartbreaking. I cried.

Edited by Symphony

I'm enjoying watching Joey so far. She's a very likeable character. The idea of them bringing someone in and having her in a rape storyline so quickly worried me for a bit. But I feel they handled it pretty well. I love how independent she is and her need to prove she can handle herself just fine. Although while that may be a good character trait of hers, there also seems to be a downside to it when it comes to her. Kate Bell has also shown that she is a really good actress. I'm really liking this storyline so far. One thing about it I find weird is

Joey asking Nicole out so soon after she was raped.

I hope theres a good explanation for that. Like maybe she is trying to prove that she is fine and doesn't need anyones help, even if she does. It seems like something she would do. I really want to see her deal with the aftermath of the rape rather then them glossing over it to get to the

same-sex storyline

too quickly, even though I can't wait for that one as well. Her scenes with Aden have been really good so far. They have a nice little friendship thing going on. Although I do wish we could have saw more of a build up to it. It did feel like Aden's sudden need to help and protect her came out of nowhere. But I've been enjoying their scenes so I don't mind looking past that. I'm glad the

same-sex storyline

is actually happening and that she is going to be apart of it. I've been really looking forward to this storyline and it's makes it better that it involves a character I already like. Not too sure about Joey

and Charlie

though. I don't care about the age thing. As long as she's about Aden's age then I don't see the problem. But Joey has such a baby-ish face and just looks so young that

standing next to Charlie she looks like a little child.

And for that reason, as well like it's been pointed out in the spoiler thread about

it feeling abit wrong with her being a rape victim and Charlie being the cop

, I'm finding the idea of them to be abit weird. Maybe that will change when we actually get to see it and I hope it does. Because I see a alot of potenetial there. Personally I don't think

Charlie and Joey will be the same-sex relationship we are hearing about. I think Joey will just be someone who helps Charlie take a good look at herself and come to terms with her own sexuality.

This is now officially the second young guest character (Archie being the first) that has impressed me more then the currents teens have. Joey a nice girl with an interesting storyline and a character that as alot of depth and then we have

two teens who go back to an island where they almost died for a trip down memory lane and end up being chased around by a knife weilding psychopath but only after we see the christian boyfriend battle with temptation.

It baffles me that the writers that can come up with a good character like Joey or her storyline and so many of the other great characters/storylines, can also write crap like that.

Edited by Jody