Joey Collins - Kate Bell

alias

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I don't like Joey. I found her to be whiny and frustrating to watch. I fekt her scenes wih Charlie always appeared akward. I am glad she is gone and hope she is gone for good.

To be totally honest, I agree with you. I didn't really like Jarlie, but I didn't hate them. I'm not very sad that Joey isn't in the show. If she comes back, I'm not in euphoria, I guess. I think Charlie is better without her :)

Honestly I don't like Joey. I found her to be whiny and frustrating to watch. I fekt her scenes wih Charlie always appeared akward. I am glad she is gone and hope she is gone for good.

Yeah I agree with you .

I haven't liked her atall and always found her to be a bit simple and her relationship with Charlie was the weirdest thing ever. They just did not suit at all and I think if she wan't one half of the lesbian relationship then she wouldn't have been as popular.

I actually really liked Joey as an individual character, I thought she was sweet.Her and Charlie as a couple...they had some nice moments but it seemed rushed and forced and a bit inconsequential.I would like to see her back, whether she gets back with Charlie or not...easy either way.

Each to their own I suppose.

Personally; I thought the chemistry between them was really good at the start of the story line when they were hanging out as friends...and later on when they were a couple - the scene where they were playfully cleaning the graffiti off charlies car or when they were running on the Beach for example...

Maybe if they were allowed to show more passion in their intimate scenes -- like straight couples are in the show -- then they wouldn't have looked so awkward - just a thought.

Anyway I hope she comes back. I'm not really bothered, to be honest, if she gets back with Charlie or not - cos it wouldn't really last anyway, what with charlie being so rubbish at relationships.

Why? personally I found the character to be rather refreshing for a teen in this show, in that she came across as quite street smart and headstrong yet so innocent and gentle at the same time. Plus her Aden and Nicole would make a good group of friends IMO.

I really hope Joey does return but I don't want it to be just about her & Charlie. I really would love it if Aden & Joey moved in together because their friendship was awesome. Hell, it would be awesome to see Aden live with Charlie because they have a sweet connection now.

Joey reminds me of old Kit.

I miss having that tomboyish female who it not just glamour driven!

I really hope Joey does return but I don't want it to be just about her & Charlie. I really would love it if Aden & Joey moved in together because their friendship was awesome. Hell, it would be awesome to see Aden live with Charlie because they have a sweet connection now.

Either of those would be the coolest household in the Bay. No offense to Leah but Ruby/Charlie need to move out and get their own place then they can live with Aden.

Maybe if they were allowed to show more passion in their intimate scenes -- like straight couples are in the show -- then they wouldn't have looked so awkward - just a thought.

I can't say yes or not to this but the way they are restrictive doesn't really help actors play a convincing couple. You all remember GayMatt from Melrose Place who wasn't even allowed to stand within a few feet of his boyfriend.

Edited by oscartg

Either of those would be the coolest household in the Bay. No offense to Leah but Ruby/Charlie need to move out and get their own place then they can live with Aden.

I can't say yes or not to this but the way they are restrictive doesn't really help actors play a convincing couple. You all remember GayMatt from Melrose Place who wasn't even allowed to stand within a few feet of his boyfriend.

That wasn't the only reason too:-

The fact that the storyline was way too rushed didn't help..how long was Joey in the show? less than 3 months I think. And she was already in love with Charlie after 1 kiss? LOL!

Still I liked Joey, but why didn't they cast Kate Bell permanently from the start and run it over at least 6 months???

Did she have other work on or were the producers and executives just testin the waters?

Edited by devon

Did she have other work on or were the producers and executives just testin the waters?

I think it's that she had other work, from interviews & such the creators & esther make it sound like they want it long-term which is why I'm hopeful for her return.

I think Kate was great as Joey, the awkwardness is part of the character and she was exactly what Charlie needed and probably still needs in her life. If you look at the character too you'll notice she was a LITTLE shy in the beginning but it was only after the rape that she really became introverted