Breaking The Taboo

Guest **Julie**

Thats a great article on Todd! Everyone knows how much I like Todd and I agree with what everyone said there, about Todds acting in abuse storyline, he worked really hard on it, and in my opinion he is one of the best actors Home and Away has had. He can portray the emotions really well, and he worked really well all through the abuse storyline, with both Paul Gleeson (Larry Jefferies) & Jess Tovey! Adens abuse storyline was the highlight of 2008 for me, and I actually cried watching that, so I do definitly think he deserves a Logie for his acting with this storyline,and I hope he does too! It just proves how talented Todd is!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He does an amazing job and it sounds as if he works really hard to achieve it. When Aden cries he makes me want to cry. Todd's acting is just so believable. He definitely deserves a Logie!

Yep... he sure does deserve a Logie!

i'll admit to having cried in a couple of his scenes aswell - ... [cough]

a little offtopic, but, can someone tell me when the logies are on over here in aus? :)

Symphony, I cried too! :wink:

Great article, thanks for posting!

Two big thumbs up to Todd for wanting to do justice to real-life victims. It's great that he's trying to get the character to be as realistic as possible. Just too bad that the writers arent't cooperating...

I feel like I should mention one thing though: There's a big difference between doing a role justice and being a great actor. Todd is the first, but not the latter. The storyline can be great, but the actor can still suck. Todd is not very believable when he's portraying emotions other than annoyment and cheekyness. I just don't believe in the words. Of course the writers should take some of the blame, but in the scene where he told Belle about the abuse, I thought both Todd and Jess did rather poorly. I frowned at Todd's crying and rolled my eyes at Jess. That's not something I would've done if they were great actors. Then I would've cried. I'm a person who cries very easily if the actors are doing a good job and that scene should've had me in tears. It didn't. Thus they can't possibly be good actors. I usually don't cry because of soaps due to the fact that the actors aren't good enough. The only time I've cried up until now, was when Flynn died and his funeral and that was because of Kate Ritchie.

^ I think that to do a storyline justice you have to be a great actor otherwise how does it work? in the kidnapping scene's especially I think you have to be one outstanding actor to achive that. the scene where he told Belle about the abuse brought me to tears. I have to say that the way the writers wrote Belle's response to "do you think i'm messed up?" could have been better. but thats the writers. I think Todds an amazing actor and is probably the best on the show at the moment.

That depends on how you think someone is doing a storyline justice. For me, someone is doing a storyline justice if the storyline is realistic and true to the real-life situation. But if I were to agree with your perception of it, then for me, Todd isn't doing the storyline justice. But that would be wrong me to say, because I do think that the storyline is realistic enough, apart from the plot holes that appear from time to time.

ETA: The definition of "do justice to" is to do something so it's true to the story/situation. That means that when it comes to acting, doing a storyline justice, is to have it true to the real-life situation. It has nothing to do with the acting.

Archived