Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone help me?

Does anyone know the chords, or have the tabs, for the theme tune? I've found a basic tab on the net but it misses out half the progressions.

Iv been trying to teach myself it on piano, I have a few bits, but I dont think its accurate.

F

You know we belong together

F

You and I forever and ever

Bb add9

No matter where you are

C

You're my guiding star

The chorus is a bit more complicated but stick with the F, Bb (add9), C progression and you should get it. Also, transpose it if you're not liking the key.

That is a very basic one. I play by ear and that's what I just came up with on the spot. But when I get some spare time, I'll actually delve into it more and get it sounding pretty decent, then post it on here. Until then, hope this helps :)

I think that everyone should email Seven to get them to use the 30 second theme they listened the first time. If they get enough emails they might change it.

:) There's a thought but if they keep on getting complaints about the theme each year they might get fed up and scrap it altogether so just be careful as i'd prefer 15 seconds than nothing.

Well I don't play the guitar but I play the keyboard, so I don't know if it will differ slightly, but this is what I always played:

F

You know we belong together

Dm

You and I forever and ever / No

Gm

matter where you are

C7

You're my guiding star / And from the

F

very first moment I saw you / I

Dm

never felt such emotion / I'm

Eb

walking in on air / Just to know

C7

You are there

D7

G

Hold me in your

Em

arms, don't let me

C

go, I want to

Am

stay forever

C

Home and Away

Am

With you each day

E Am D7

G

Let me be the

Em

one, that you turn

C

to, some-one you

Am

can rely on

C

Closer each day

Am

Home and away

G Gm C7

Repeat verse again etc. after chorus it ends on the G

I think it has changed slightly over the years, now that I've listened to it, Nathan's Bbadd9 for 'No matter where you are' sounds about right for the modernised version

Robertson Brothers versions were transposed +2 (though the Roberston brothers 'single' version was actually +4) but it went back to normal in 2007

Hope that makes sense as its quite difficult to write it out, the forum takes out excessive spaces automatically :P

Archived