Travel

Guest KirstyEkua

Hehe :

Yum pasta! I dont blame you, I would fail at it too. I mean who could resist.. Italian food! But you have to have the starter and dessert's along with the main course ^_^

I cannot imagine frezzing temperatures. I whine when its just 6°C, you must be shivering! I went up to QLD in our winter and the clothing I wore was singlet tops and shorts that was in our winter. Stay nice and warm rugged up around the fireplace, with your beanies, scarf and gloves on! -Now I wanna do that-

Ohhhh. Yeah, that may not be the best combination. Yeah, I get what you mean. Me and Long flights = Very annoyed plane passangers. I went on a four and a half flight to Fiji In October. I was going crazy.. after a bit not even movies or music could entertain me. But I suppose the L.O.N.G flight is worth it when your going to an amzing place such as the UK or Italy! Though the flight home would be torture :P Yeah, we are about 3hours away from New Zealand... Just stuck in the middle of the ocean all alone.

<3

In "strict" Italian cuisine, the pasta is the starter! You get a small bowl of some kind of pasta - maybe with pesto, ragù (tomato sauce) or cheese (gorgonzola is amazing with gnocchi [potato pasta]!) - and then a meat dish (typically grilled beef/chicken or crumbed veal, or sometimes cheese with cured meat), with a side dish (salad/veggies) for the main. And then the desserts - tiramisù (literally means 'pick me up' because of all the coffee in it!), pannacotta... :wub: You're making me wanna go and raid my fridge! Although at the moment, I'm having the most intense cravings for very un-Italian food - sushi, bacon sandwiches, burgers, cheese on toast - bad times!

Ugh, long flights - I've been to Jamaica and Barbados, and both of these were horrifically long. Generally, though, we're lucky in that we can get pretty much anywhere in around six hours, or maybe ten for the US, and stuff.

Jess, are you in Italy for your Erasmus? I have my Erasmus in third year and I'll be spending it in France. ^_^ I hope it's going well for you, it must be hard taking lectures and exams in Italian!

Yush, I'm here for Erasmus. Haha, me? Take exams? You must be joking...!

mate of mine is doing his erasmus in italy at the moment; absolutely loves it there! think it's the drinking abilities he likes most though

I'm heading to Florida for a week in 3 weeks with a mate; haven't been away properly since coming home from Oz last year so really looking forward to it!

Ah, awesome! Whereabouts is he? Haha, I miss drinking. I'm living in a convent (yes, complete with resident nuns - very long story, which I won't get into here) and haven't partied properly in so long. :(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yummy!! Haha thanks its breakfast time here and now I want pasta :P

That sounds SO good!!!

I envy you and your short flights.. though for us to get to Hawaii its only 10hrs and 14hrs to LA.

Oh, that's not so bad - London to Hawaii is nineteen hours, and I don't think it's direct, and Los Angeles is, like, eleven hours. Never been to either of those places, though, although Hawaii seems stunning, and Los Angeles full of skinny, rich people!

I know you're on the other side of the world, and everything, but time zones still amaze me! It's 11:15pm here, so nearly bed time! I, however, am hyped up on far too much Diet Coke. :D

• 2 weeks later...

19hrs Wow. I had no idea it would take that long to go from Hawaii to London. :o

Yes, they wow me too! :P Its 3:27pm here and over their its what?! 2am? :D

The strangest was New Years it was 2010 for us and 2009 for you! Different years ^_^

Too much coke ay?? Tut Tut lol, who am I to talk!?! :lol: -Stares at glass of diet coke-

<3

Yush, I'm here for Erasmus. Haha, me? Take exams? You must be joking...!

mate of mine is doing his erasmus in italy at the moment; absolutely loves it there! think it's the drinking abilities he likes most though

I'm heading to Florida for a week in 3 weeks with a mate; haven't been away properly since coming home from Oz last year so really looking forward to it!

Ah, awesome! Whereabouts is he? Haha, I miss drinking. I'm living in a convent (yes, complete with resident nuns - very long story, which I won't get into here) and haven't partied properly in so long. :(

He's in Trieste, I think. Looks gorgeous! :)

I'm heading to Florida tomorrow; can't wait :D

• 4 months later...

No public displays of affection! I read an article recently where a male guy pecked his female friend on the cheek and they both ended up in jail. And don't be drunk on the street.

I heard about this! Luckily I'm heading off with my family so no worries on the public displays of affection! Lol..

Go to the indoor snow dome, it's incredible! And the water park at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel is a lot of fun :) If you can take a trip into the desert, it's an amazing experience. Hope you have a lovely time :) Where abouts are you staying?

I just got back from 4 days in Italy which was lovely. We visited Florence, Pisa and did a tour of Tuscany which was just beautiful. And the wine tasting we did was pretty fun too :wink: Although apparantly trains in Italy are fee; not once did we get our tickets checked or anything. I wish we hadn't bothered to buy them before hand :lol:

Archived