Travel

Guest KirstyEkua

^Aw that sounds cool Kirsty! As far as I know we will only be in Bangkok for the day, I'm not sure we will even be leaving the airport! :lol: We are heading out to Koh Sumai for a while, and then over to Koh Phangan...(Thats the plan atm.) :P

I'm really excited and nervous, seeing as the furthest we have ever went was Greece! Plus I have a serious phobia of flying, and I just googled our airline, China Airlines, and it appears they have had a lot of crashes in pervious years! :( I honestly dont know how I am going to manage a 14 hour flight with 3 take-offs. :(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww, you'll be fine! No worries!! :)

That's a real shame, you should try and see Bangkok cos honestly, it's just amazing. Even for a day! It's a bit of a culture shock though if you've never been to a developing country before.

But Koh Sumai is supposed to be stunning, im sure you'll have a fabulous time!!! All of the islands im sure are beautiful. I hope you like Thai food becasue it's amazing :wink: And go snorking, it's reallly amazing in Thailand.

Ha hopefully! :lol:

Yeah I have googled it and it just looks amazing. You never know we might get out and about before we head out to Koh Sumai!

We are metting my brother and his girlfriend out there, they live there at the moment. And we are staying in a friends house for a few days, and apparently its pretty swanky...cant wait! :)

Oh yes I love thai food! Chicken and Cashew nuts...heaven! :wub:

Thailand sounds amazing. My brother went to Bangkok last year, & the pictures I saw was stunning. Definitely plan on going there soon. =D

My latest visit was to Turkey! :D Absolutely loved it. We went to Marmaris, which is south of Turkey. Its a tourist destination so we really didn't get a feel of the real Turkish culture apart from Turkish night & a Turkish bath :lol:. For anyone travelling to Turkey those two are a must! We wanted to visit Istanbul, but the prospect of an 8 hour coach drive wasn't to appealing. :lol: But it was the perfect relaxing holiday! :) The beach, Mountains, water the sun. Everything was Amazing. :)

• 6 months later...

Well... I love travel. I came back (in october) from a trip to Fiji, Nadi. Absoloutly STUNNING. Just beautifully breathtaking. The people are the most friendly I have ever met, its really relaxing and everything is "Fiji time" which was true when it came to us finding out we had experienced a earthquake and were now on tsunami alert. But other then almost dying, it was a great experience.

In two years I should be going to New York City (where some of my family lives), Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Hawaii and in four years time over too England which is where I come from but live in Sydney Australia. In Europe I'll be going to London, Edinbrough Scotland, Italy and maybe even Paris. :D

I'm currently living in Brescia, Italy (between Milan, Verona and Venice) on my year abroad. Apart from that, I've been to Milan, and driven up the tangenziale (the main road that links north and south Italy). Apart from Italy, I've done most of the United Kingdom (my parents have a holiday home in Wales); Barbados, several times (my grandparents used to have a house there); Jamaica (lovely place, but too dangerous to leave the hotel compound really); Spain and Portugal (touring holiday with my parents); France; Fuerteventura; Tunisia; Tenerife; Majorca and Bulgaria. Bulgaria was probably the most interesting place, since we weren't staying in an all-inclusive complex, or anything.

Jess, Italy must be amazing :wub: An I am going back to the UK to live hopefully in the next few years... :)

It is pretty awesome. (:

I don't get it, though - you live in possibly the most beautiful country in the world and you want to live in England?! Whyyy?! Haha.

The food must be divine, a friend just came back from a holiday to Italy and she loved it! The pictures are just awesome. :D

Haha, I must admit it is pretty beautiful (: But I LOVE the English accents :wub: and I would love to live somewhere that gets snow. :wink:

Pizza! Pasta! Icecream! Parma ham! The food is amazing. :wub:

Haha, trust me, snow's not all it's cracked up to be. We've had the harshest winter in years, and when I left the UK there was no sign of a thaw in sight. Everything stops - literally, everything. There was no public transport for days, and all the schools shut. :rolleyes: The nicest accents are to be found in the south, where (ironically, for you!) there's not much snow...!

I'd give my right arm(!) to go to Australia - it looks amazing, and the way of life seems pretty cool, too. (Oh, and hot surfer dudes - yes, please!)

Archived