Rachel Armstrong - Amy Mathews

Foxy

How amazing was Rachel today? Seriously. She showed so much strenght of character. When she couldn't pronounce Jack dead i nearly started crying. She was so supportive of Tony at the hospital when you could tell she was struggling to keep it together herself. She's so professional. Having to work all night knowing Jack was dead and Tony was at home devastated.

But then when she got home and just broke down and melted into Tony's arms :( And her little scene holding her 'bump' and crying. Really moving.

Amy was really fantastic.

all i can say is wow, what an episode i was in floods of tears. rachels character showed just what a strong woman she is and amy mathews what a performance soo believable - i think im gonna have to watch the episode all over again see if i can not cry this time and see all the little bits i missed due to wiping away tears

Wow she really was incredible tonight. It must be so hard as an actress/actor to have to do a scene where the second the director says action you just have to cry on scene with no emotional dialogue to build up to it. I give full credit to her and I'm really pleased the writers made her an integral part of today's episode, her acting is just phenomonal. The scene of her outside on the porch was just so beautiful, I think she was trying to compose herself so she could support Tony.

I'll post all my thoughts on the Tachel part of the episode in the Tachel thread so will just stick to the Rachel parts. I thought it was lovely how she was the one to cover him up (I'm sure Tony and Martha would be pleased that it was her to do it and not some stranger) and she showed her struggle with trying to be professional yet being devestated herself and trying to support her fiancee. She can communicate so much with just her eyes, the way in which when she declared that she couldn't pronounce him dead and would get someone else and walked out to Tony letting him know he was definetely gone. It was heartbreaking and she really showed her strength as a character and actress. Would love to see Amy get a Best Actress Logie this year, she truly deserved it. Whatever people's thought are on Rachel as a character, I don't think anyone can deny her acting tonight was top standard.

Wow she really was incredible tonight. It must be so hard as an actress/actor to have to do a scene where the second the director says action you just have to cry on scene with no emotional dialogue to build up to it. I give full credit to her and I'm really pleased the writers made her an integral part of today's episode, her acting is just phenomonal. The scene of her outside on the porch was just so beautiful, I think she was trying to compose herself so she could support Tony.

I'll post all my thoughts on the Tachel part of the episode in the Tachel thread so will just stick to the Rachel parts. I thought it was lovely how she was the one to cover him up (I'm sure Tony and Martha would be pleased that it was her to do it and not some stranger) and she showed her struggle with trying to be professional yet being devestated herself and trying to support her fiancee. She can communicate so much with just her eyes, the way in which when she declared that she couldn't pronounce him dead and would get someone else and walked out to Tony letting him know he was definetely gone. It was heartbreaking and she really showed her strength as a character and actress. Would love to see Amy get a Best Actress Logie this year, she truly deserved it. Whatever people's thought are on Rachel as a character, I don't think anyone can deny her acting tonight was top standard.

i totally agree -

looking back on some of the comments i cant belive how some people hate her -personally i think she amazing by far the best actress and the most interesting character too

but i suppose everyone has an opinion and u cant like everyone - but i really dont know what the deal is

Amy was amazing in that epsiode. I love how she can cry on cue.

Rachel showed just how amazingly strong she is. You could tell she was trying so hard to compose herself when she couldn't pronounce him dead, and when she just looked at Tony and that said it all. I was annoyed they made her stay at the hospital but i guess they needed her to be out of the way so Tony could have his scene with Roman and Martha. Plus, it was an emergency and that's her job, i guess she didnt really have a choice.

The end scene where she just gets home and finally breaks down was amazing. And rubbing her little bump outside.

Although im now stunned Jack fans think she in somehow involved in him going into witness protection? I don't understand. There's no way she'd be able to keep that from Tony and Martha, plus there's no way she'd be the doctor to be involved, giving her relationship with Tony. I don't think she was acting strangly, i think she was very true to Rachel. Strong and just trying to keep herself together for Tony like we've seen her do so many times before and finally breaking down when she was alone with him. You could tell she was trying to hold it in before she wanted into the house, hence why she paused a bit. And even when she did cry, she was covering her face with her hands :(

She should be allowed to grieve too. She was close to Jack, she lived with him and obviously it's horrible for her to see Tony have to deal with that when she's in love with him.

Edited by KirstyEkua

looking back on some of the comments i cant belive how some people hate her -personally i think she amazing by far the best actress and the most interesting character too

but i suppose everyone has an opinion and u cant like everyone - but i really dont know what the deal is

For the record, once again, I do think that Amy is a great actress. Amy deserves all the praise she gets. Rachel is a great character. Any character who can make someone genuinely hate them (leaving out bad acting or writing), by default, is a great character. It means that they are portrayed with enough strength and reality to make the reactions to them - both positive and negative - strong and real. I just happen to be on the negative end of the scale, and I'm not in here to diminish anyone's right to be on the positive end. My reasons are many and varied, and I won't go over them again. As the song goes, "if you don't know me by now, you will never, never, never know me." Let's just all hold hands and be friends, okay? Give peace a chance!

Any character who can make someone genuinely hate them (leaving out bad acting or writing), by default, is a great character. It means that they are portrayed with enough strength and reality to make the reactions to them - both positive and negative - strong and real.

*nods* I do think it says a great deal about Amy's acting skills if she can provoke such a reaction from people. I can see why people would be annoyed by her - i love Rachel but i don't agree with everything she says or does. She's made some stupid decisions and says things sometimes that have me going 'whhaat?' but overall i think Rachel is a lovely person with a good heart, and really deserves some happiness. Which soon we should see. *fingers crossed*

For the record, once again, I do think that Amy is a great actress. Amy deserves all the praise she gets. Rachel is a great character. Any character who can make someone genuinely hate them (leaving out bad acting or writing), by default, is a great character. It means that they are portrayed with enough strength and reality to make the reactions to them - both positive and negative - strong and real. I just happen to be on the negative end of the scale, and I'm not in here to diminish anyone's right to be on the positive end. My reasons are many and varied, and I won't go over them again. As the song goes, "if you don't know me by now, you will never, never, never know me." Let's just all hold hands and be friends, okay? Give peace a chance!

okay i did'nt realise this had been brought up before, but i did say everyone has an opinion and i appreciate that shes not everyone cup of tea. but i was just saying i liked her character and that i personally did'nt know the reasons why some people dont like her character

i was'nt trying to offend anyone and i hope i havent i was just a passing note from some of the things ive read

^Don't worry about it, I didn't realise you were so new. People have gotten quite aggressive towards me about Rachel in the past, so now I get a bit catty when people appear to question my motives for not liking her. Which I can see now you weren't doing, so I didn't mean to offend you either :)