Rachel Armstrong - Amy Mathews

Foxy

This is probably the only interview/feature i've seen of Amy, but its a good one! http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=...vAW&u=Mh7Ha

Hope it works, i had to get it via Facebook!

Okay who wants to rite the email then, lol, then with all the requests for a Tachel/Jon/Amy interview they'll have to do one! I've emailed lots of times so maybe someone else should do it from another address to show them that they do have other fans apart from us two and Laura ( i think we're the only two who have emailed)

I can imagine her being a warm and bubbly person, I remeber seeing that interview a while back with her and Jon but I dont know where it is now :(

In the one interview i read someone described her as 'the warmest, bubbly person.' That's nice.

Aww who was that can you remember? She seems really lovely. The only thing I've ever heard someone say about her was Amy Mizzi (Kit) who when asked in an interview who was the funniest cast member she said one of the guys and then mentioned Amy as well and said she cracks her up.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/racing/videos/?p=7 <-- If this link works (which I hope it does) go down to the sixth one and it's the Amy/Jon interview at the racing thing. Amy went to a channel 7 party event thing as well with loads of cast members. There's pictures on here somewhere, I think there's ones of her with Tim and Jess (she was a lot shorter than Jess in the pictures which I found weird, Jess must have had huge heels on!)

I remember watching a video from the 2008 Logies and you could see the H&A members chatting and Amy and Kate gave each other a kiss on the cheek hehe. They all seem like a big family!

This is totally ramdom but has anyone else noticed Amy/Rachel never ever wears earrings? Maybe Amy is allergic or something.

I tried to watch the racing video but it just kept pausing and got really annoying! But Jon and Amy seem really relaxed and natural with each other, which is nice :) She seemed nervous talking, she kept playing with her hands. But i don't think she had an engagement ring on...but i couldn't really see that well. Anyone else?

I'll have a look for that interview Laura :)

Thanks for that too Laura dear :)

It's nice everyone seems to get along. It must be so fun to go to work and hang around with your friends all day.

Maybe she doesn't have her ears pierced? Haha see Kirsty you're improving and getting good at spotting small detail, I never noticed!

You could try pausing the video until it's loaded properly, it usually keeps freezing because it needs a while to load up. If Amy does do Dancing with the Stars we should get more interviews!

I'm 99.9% sure she had a ring on her engagement finger (whether it was an engagement ring or not I don't know) but laer on in the video you can see her playing with it. They both seemed like funny people haha, Jon's Johnny Cash comment was funny and Amy's "humungous" made me laugh. She seemed a lot....younger to me in the interview than she comes across on screen. I forget she's meant to be 30 on the show, she's 28 in real life isn't she?

Aww thank you for having a look for that interview Kirsty, I'd love to read it!

Edited by charmed60

Maybe she doesn't have her ears pierced? Haha see Kirsty you're improving and getting good at spotting small detail, I never noticed!

Why thank you dearie :) Maybe it really is that simple :lol: I just don't know any woman who doesn't have her ears pierced so thought it unusual, especially cos Rachel wears a lot of other jewellery.

Thanks Laura, the racing thing was sweet, it's so cool they do appearances like that together!

According to the 0C, Amy is 28, turning 29 in March. But on her facebook fan page, the creator (Tara Mathhews - maybe a sister?) says she was actually born in 79, meaning she's turning 30. So who knows what's right? The fan page has lots of pics on it too but unfortunately none of her with the cast.

Sorry Laura i think that quote was by someone from bttb just. Here:

http://www.backtothebay.com/forum/index.ph...;hl=Amy+Mathews

Her appartment sounds cool though, that's kinda the style i have. Random travelling stuff all over the place. But this interview is pretty old.

I hope she does DWTS, that would be awesome. Hopefully then she'd do more interviews and we'd see her other half! But didn't they just finish a series?

Edited by KirstyEkua

Haha yer it is very rare! Did you manage to get the whole racing video to work? They must get on really well!

Ohh I didn't know she had a facebook fan page, there's over 100 members! There's even apparent past boyfriends of hers on there :lol: She does look a bit like her (well, curly hair and her eyes look similar) so it could be her sister! I had a look at the pictures, shame most of them are just screencaps but those black and white ones are so pretty! I read somewhere that she was 26 when she joined the show which would mean she would be 29 now actually (she joined the show January 2006 I think meaning she would have been 27 that year)

Yer DWTS wont be until late next year if she does do it but there was an interview where she said she'd like to do it.

I think she is one of the more 'real' women on the show. Most of what she's had to deal with have been real issues that women deal with on a daily basis e.g. falling in love with someone much younger, having to prove yourself in your career, the whole vascetomy thing with Tony, her mother's death, holding down a demanding job etc.

Even the situation with Kit and Kim, it happens and it was around then i started to really like her, not just Rachel but Amy as an actress. She showed Rachel's struggle so well, on the one hand desperately trying to do the right thing by Kim but obviously knowing she was losing him and using the baby issue to try and keep him.

And i love how Amy can cry so well. So many just blink and it looks stupid but she is convincing. I love that Rachel is so strong and indepedent but at the same time she is emotional and as you said Laura she has a gentle heart. So many times she's been on the verge on tears and i just love how Amy plays her.

And all the kidnapping stuff is unreal but i guess they need the drama. And it's becoming one of Rachel's 'things' :lol: Wonder how long it'll be before it happens again. Only this time i want Tony to resuce her. For so long she's been the strong woman who doesn't need anyone to rescue her, and i want the other side of her to be explored.

I really hope the writers do the pregnancy storyline well. Of course I hope that theres dramas along the way, but i hope there ones that people can relate to, because I know Amy will play them realistically, with believabilty.

Im really looking forward to seeing what develops with Rachel (and Tachel) in 2009.