Strictly Come Dancing '08

Guest princess_in_pink

^^I also loved Austin's Paso and he should have got a 10 from Len too. If anything the number of tens they've given out this season, some of which are undeserved , Austin's dance totally deserved it. :D

I felt sorry for Tom, what with him being sick and although he was great (loved the Waltz), it wasn't his best this week, he really needs to up his game now. He's always so consistently good, I don't think there's ever been a dance that hasn't suited him but he's never performed brilliantly to completely wow me. I hope next week is his week. :)

As for Lisa, I agree with you Izzy, she just doesn't connect with me. She seems like a nice girl but unlike Christine who's personality shines, Lisa's does not. Also I don't like her partnership with Brendan. I do think that this week she was good, but not top of the leaderboard good.

ETA: The professional group dances are the best, I just love watching them. And they've really done some amazing choreography with these dances this series. :D

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Austin's Paso was my fave dance so far this series and by far my fave Paso EVER! (I hate the Paso Doble anyway, so that's a huge compliment!).

Rachel's waltz & Lisa's foxtrot were stunning! Really beautiful. I do wonder what Austin's waltz would have been like had he done it later in the competition, given that it got a 9 from Len in week 1!

Tom was also good. I liked the waltz, but I could also kind of see what Craig (?) said about his bum sticking out. Out of all of them, Tom has probably been the most consistent, so it's easy to forgive.

What did wind me up was that Len said he would have liked to have seen Rachel's feet more, yet felt certain enough to award her a 10! I know it wasn't her fault and fair enough, he may be able to tell from her posture, but I still don't think not being ale to see the feet and "knowing" rather than KNOWING her footwork was spot on is enough to award her a 10. :unsure:

I like Lisa. I think she comes across as so lovely. I didn't like her before this. Like Penny Lancaster last year, I really didn't like her befre the series, but grew to like her during it. Christine had a wonderful personality but lacked where some had the dance skills and the stronger dancers lack personality, which I think is the mian problem this year. Last year, we had the likes of Alesha, Matt, Gethin & Penny who were good dancers AND were likable characters and they all seemed to have such a good atmosphere backstage, I just don't feel that this year. They do all seem to get on, just not as much as previous series have. But all amazing contestants none the less.

Now that Christine is out of the competition, I think the competition is now really anybodies game. The problem is, unlike Alesha last year, none of these have delivered week after week and excelled in both ballroom and latin. They've all had a point where they've been tripped up and I think they all REALLLLYYY have to raise their games now. But I think they're all worthy and I don't think any of them are losers.

Its so hard to choose between the final four, they are all amazing dancers. Its gonna be a real toughie this year :unsure:

Its sad to see Christine go though, she was such a lovely girl and as for Matthew, well don't even get me started :( Did anyone notice Vincent crying when Christine left, he is such a softie awww bless :lol:

Its so hard to choose between the final four, they are all amazing dancers. Its gonna be a real toughie this year :unsure:

Its sad to see Christine go though, she was such a lovely girl and as for Matthew, well don't even get me started :( Did anyone notice Vincent crying when Christine left, he is such a softie awww bless :lol:

^^ :lol:

I didn't watch the results show but judging from the dances I knew that it was going to be Christine's turn to go. It really is anybody's game now. In a way it makes the show that bit more exciting.

I've finally decided that i want Rache & Vincent to win :D its taken me long enough :lol: although i wouldn't be upset if Tom won either, he is fantastic :D

Completely agree. I feel bad for Rachel because she's arguably the best dancer there but the public aren't voting for her consistently, probably because of the age old chestnut that she's female, pretty and talented. Ridiculous.

I'm very surprised that Austin went though. :unsure:

Absolutely gutted by the result. Not only have my favourite left the competition, but my second favourite were bottom 2 with them!

Rooting for a Lisa/Tom final now. Rachel has absolutely NO wow factor for me. Unfortunately, even if she's bottom 2 next week, she's more likely to go through. <_<

Archived