Strictly Come Dancing '08

Guest princess_in_pink

Karen, I competely agree! Could those judges have fixed this any more?! :angry::angry: . I'm on the verge of making plans to go out next week, just so I don't have to watch a Lisa/Rachel final. <_<

On a positive note: I love the fact we got to see Austin, Erin, Matt Dawson and Mark Ramprakash! The seated audience were great!!!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People on the BBC forums seem pretty upset, but I'm not sure why. Tess said the votes will be carried over to next week, right? so it's not like their votes tonight don't count for anything.

The people I think should be allowed to feel a bit let down are the Tom fans, because once they realised it would have been impossible to save him from the dance off, they stopped voting (And fair play, it would have been a phone bill for nothing!). So Tom would have lost a lot of votes tonight whereas Lisa & Rachel could have gained them (Unless they felt garaunteed enough to not vote). But yet most of those on the BBC forums that are upset are the ones that are supporting Lisa & Rachel, yet they should have been happy their faves were through.... the mind boggles.

For the first time ever, I cannot wait for this series to finish!

Well that was a bit of a shock twist :P Personally, and this is just my theory, i think they did this to save Tom, he was at the bottom of the table and maybe in danger of leaving :unsure:

I loved the argentine Tango, Lisa and Brendan were really good, considering Brendan has never done the dance before and as for Rachel and Vincent, they were just amazing, Vincent is just a master of that dance :wub:

Well the BBC slithered out of an almighty mess there! :P

I don't know..... From what many are saying, they're very upset. Especially those that are spontanious (sp?) with their votes and vote purely based on the dancing that night (I know not many do that, but some do) and therefore their vote has been carried over to next week for the person they may not want to vote for next week. And not long after the show, somebody picked up on what had happened and informed the rest of the voters via forums etc that voting for Tom was useless, so therefore many Tom fans stopped voting. However, one of the girls would have had to join Tom in the dance off, so their fans were voting to try and save their favourites, which would mean the girls would have a head start in next weeks voting.

I don't blame the judges scoring, because they don't consult each other when choosing scores, so unless they decided this beforehand (Which I'm betting they didn't!), it was just pure coincidence Rachel & Lisa ended up with the same score. What I think many didn't like was how nobody picked up on it after the final leaderboard was decided. Tess herself continued to encourage us to vote for our favourite, yet those voting for Tom didn't stand a chance of saving him from the dance off anyway. The good thing was that those that did pick up on it we're clever and kind enough to inform everyone else that may not have picked up on it and continued to vote.

It was obvious it wasn't all going to be plain sailing the week John left. That was the week they should have stalled an elimination and carried everything over to the next week. Thankfully, I don't vote (My fave left last week, so I wouldn't need to), otherwise I'd probably be pretty annoyed too.

Somebody on the BBC forums has actually turned around and stated that Tom should now withdraw from the competition! and that a Tom win now would be "a hollow win" Which, IMO, is just plain silly. It wasn't Tom's fault. A lot of viewers have also stated they have sent in complaints to the BBC over the whole thing (That's their choice, regardless of whether it's a exaggeration or not!). Somewhere (Not sure where I read it!) has actually described this as "The biggest ****-up in reality TV show!" and if that is the case, SCD could find themselves in a bit of a pickle.

Many Austin fans have now stated they think Austin whould be re-instated! (Even as an Austin fan, I disagree. I'm sor of relieved he got out before all this happened!), but if they were doing that, technically, they should re-instate everyone that has been eliminated since John pulled out. And that's just silly.

Also, I was actually evry underwhelmed by the AT's sadly. IMO, I don't understand how they could score Rachel's on par with Mark & Karens! Just my opinion though. I guess many would disagree.

Basically, Rachel & Lisa were both join top of the leaderboard with 75/80 and Tom had 67/80. Therefore Rachel & Lisa had the maximum 3 points and Tom had just one point, landing him in the dance off no matter what the public voted. The phone lines were still open though and Tess & co. were still encouraging viewers to vote their favourites to save them from the dance off, but it was impossible for Tom fans to save him. Basically, the only thing the viewer vote would have decided last night was which of the girls would join him in the dance off.

It could have been avoided had Len deducted marks for the fault he had with Lisa's dance (I can't remember what he said, but he did pick something out). But he awarded her a 10 anyway <_<.

So once the results show came on last night, Tess announced the phone lines had been frozen. Now all votes that were cast tonight are carried over to next weeks final. (Which is terrible, IMO, especially if people vote purely by what they see on the night!).

Archived