Strictly Come Dancing '08

Guest princess_in_pink

Tom&Camilla FTW! :D Loved, loved the foxtrot. & I'm so glad he got 10's. Finally! I'm probably alone on this, but I think Rachel's overrated! She's a great dancer, but has no personality at all and it shows in her performances. Theres no spark Imo. But I agree, ^^ She most likely going to be in the bottom 2 next week, but will go through instead of Lisa. I'm gutted Austin went. :( He was a brilliant dancer. But last night, for some reason he lost his touch. :( I also think it was tactical. The judges want a Male/Female final so thats why, imo they voted Austin off.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Austin & Erin were just very unlucky with the dance choices towards the end. Austin was a lot stronger at his ballroom than his Latin. The Paso & Jive were the only 2 of his Latin that were incredibly strong. I'm doubting I was the only one that doubted the Salsa right from the start, especially with his arms. His footwork is amazing, though.

The problem is, a bad Latin dance is more likely than a bad ballroom dance and unfortunately it was the Latin he was faced with in the dance off, which is a shame, because I think had he done the AS in the dance off instead, he may have nailed it. I fear Erin was bit too safe with the choreography for both dances because she knew they would face a hurdle and hoped that good choreography would overshadow perhaps a bad performance, but it didn't work.

I was hoping Rachel would go because even through she's a strong dancer, she just doesn't seem to connect with me as a viewer as much as the other 3 do. But the judges have played this the way they want the whole way through. They WANT Rachel in the final and they're pulling out everything to ensure she's there. Even if she's bottom 2 next week, I'll bet she ends up through to the final.

There are SOME advantages to Austin leaving:

1. It means we get to see Rachel & Vicent perform the AT!!!!! My favourite dance ever and since Vincent specializes in it, I'm hoping it going to be brilliant. Although saying that, I don't think any AT will ever compare to Mark & Karen's in my books.

2. I'll be a lot less emotionally attached next week. Losing Austin in the Quarter finals will be much easier than losing him in the semis or worse - him losing in the final. I've supported too many finalists in reality TV shows that haven't won and would have been gutted.

3. I can actually watch next weeks with a lot more enjoyment. I've sent the last few months cheering Austin on and then a bag of nerves waiting to see if he's through. Next week, it wont bother me. I'll just be able to enjoy. Hopefully.

I'd support Lisa now, but I'm not sure I can see her there next week. I'm fairly confident if she's bottom 2 next week, she's out. If that happens, Tom gets my vote (Not that I will vote!), because he's the most consistent and actually seems to have a great personality.

And I agree about the judges wanting a male/female final. And not just any male/female final, I've had a VERY strong feeling for a good few weeks now they want a Tom/Rachel final. Which it looks like they're going to get.

Wow this series is amazing. I am so excited about next weeks semi's & then the final I think we are going to see some outstanding dancing. I still haven't decided who I want to win yet cos I love them all. I think this year I will let the dancing do the talking & vote for who dances the best on the night.

I was happy with this weeks decision it was time for Austin to go & as much as I loved him in my opinion he wasn't stepping it up another level as much as the others.

I love the argentine tango so cant wait to see how they cope with it on saturday cos its such a difficult dance. If they are a quater as good as Vincent & Flavia then we should be in for a treat. I could watch V & F doing it, argentine tango that is, all day long they are amazing.

Tom&Camilla FTW! :D Loved, loved the foxtrot. & I'm so glad he got 10's. Finally! I'm probably alone on this, but I think Rachel's overrated! She's a great dancer, but has no personality at all and it shows in her performances. Theres no spark Imo. But I agree, ^^ She most likely going to be in the bottom 2 next week, but will go through instead of Lisa. I'm gutted Austin went. :( He was a brilliant dancer. But last night, for some reason he lost his touch. :( I also think it was tactical. The judges want a Male/Female final so thats why, imo they voted Austin off.

I'm sorry but just because she is a slightly more reserved and quiet personality doesn't mean that she has no personality, although I agree it does make her slightly harder to engage with. Technically she is the best, personally i'm a tom/camilla shipper...his foxtrot was amazing - i loved the skippy section near the end (the choreography was amazing).

I'm all for a tom/rachel final :D :D

I've decided that I want Lisa & Brendan to win. :D

Have we ever had a female/female final?

Although that's unlikely to happen. I can see Tom there already :lol: . I also think it would be great for Camilla if her and Tom won. She's been a great pro from the very first series but I'm supporting Lisa. :D

OK now I'm confused. :blink: lol

I want a Lisa/Tom final. That way it's unlikely I'll mind who wins. I supported Austin 100% so I knew that once he left, I'd not have a favourite (Just not Rachel, sorry.) I think Lisa is a lot stronger than the judges make her out to be. And I've never taken to Rachel like the judges apparently have.

But I imagine Tom being the only "safe" contestant next week (Baring in mind he's against 2 people who have both faced the dance off before) and therefore the judges will save Rachel because she's their favourite. She may have a personality, but there's no denying out of the 3 of them, she's the most reserved.

EDIT: Carmelle, yes we have had an all female final before. In series 2. Jill Halfpenny vs. Denise Lewis. But that's the only female/female final we've had.

Since my lovely Ian left I am 100% behind Camilla and Tom. :D Rachel is a good dancer but she doesn't 'grab' me as much as she seems to 'grab' the judges. I actually quite like Lisa but I have a feeling that she could be the next to go. Although how good would a Brendan vs. Camilla final be!? It would certainly give it an added 'edge'!! :P

It is a little disappointing that there will be a 2 couple final because of John leaving. I think in these situation it is sometimes worth 'breaking with protocol' and voting a couple back in to make up the numbers.

I was sad to see Austin go but the competition has been so good this year it was always a possibility. At least he left us with some good memories! :lol:

austin_healey.jpg

Archived