Just Three Words

Guest MissOlivia22

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Nine

“Oh gosh, sorry Belle” Nicole said after walking straight into her as she turned towards Romans house.”I’ve really got to go, I’m late for meeting Geoff”

“Thats fine, Is Aden here...?” Belle said traling off at the end as she saw Nicole turn the corner and shout sorry once more, obviously not hearing her question.

Belle stepped up to the door which Nicole had left open behind her, and walking to slowly, knocking lightly on the door before entering. Roman’s head poked out from around the Kicthen door.

“Hey Belle”

“Is Aden here?” She asked noting that if he was, He wasn’t downstairs

“Yep, I think he’s still in bed but it’s getting on a bit so you should go wake him” He answered looking at his watch.

“Tah” Belle answered heading up the stairs.

-

She cautiously opened the door as not to wake him abruptly and stepped inside surveying the scene in front of her. The quilt was across the floor at the end of the bed and Aden was tossing and turning violently in his bed. His eyes had bags underneath them due to lack of sleep and his cheeks were flustered red. She watched on for a moment as his chest rose and fell and he clenched the bottom sheet of the bed.

Rather than leaving him as she had done every other time she had found him or woken up by his nightmares, she decided to take a different path. She walked slowly over to the bed and gently sat down beside him. She gently placed her hand on his cheek and stroked it gently as he tossed. She leaned in close to him and placed her 0ther hand on his chest.

“Shhhh” She whispered gently into his ear “Your Ok”

She continued to comfort him while he slept and whispered reassurance into his ear. Whether he heard her or not, he seemed to be calming down slightly. He still tossed lightly, but his first had become unclenched. She knew that he hated her seeing him after a nightmare, whether out of embarrassment or not wanted her to ask questions. She leaned against his chest and continued to gently stoke his face waiting for him to snap out of whatever nightmare he was going through, listening to his heart beat and feeling his chest rise and fall. After some time, Aden slowly opened his eyes and groaned. As belle heard his sound she stopped stroking his face and let him think that she was still asleep.

He tried to forget the nightmare he had just endured as he gently shook Belle to wake her up.

“Hi” Belle said gently to him, pushing herself up.

“Sorry.... About yesterday” Aden said.

“It’s Ok” Belle answered placing her hand on his chest and they sat in silence for a moment, Aden fiddling with her hair and stroking her face affectionately.

“Is it me” Belle blurted out breaking the peaceful silence. The shortness and lack of explanation left Aden confused about her question.

“What! What are you talking out ?”

“Do you not... Like me anymore” Belle said anxious for an answer.

“What!” Aden repeated again “ What do you mean. Of course I still like you.

“Its.. just. Every time we get close you back off and we haven’t... Gone there. It’s like you don’t find me...Attractive anymore” Belle stuttered, unsure how Aden would react.

“No!, I just..” Aden said not sure what to say “ I thought that we would take things slow”

Aden had tried to say it convincingly, but I didn’t work. Belle thought for a moment unsure how to ask what she wanted to.

“Aden.. Have you.... Are you... A virgin?” She said softly scared of how he would react. At first he didn’t say anything not really sure what to say. He was a virgin, but he didn’t want to tell her that or the reason why he was.

“It’s ok if you are!” Belle insisted seeing Aden embarrassed face looking down staring at the sheet below them.

Aden nodded slightly, feeling he eyes boring down into him as he fiddled with his fingers. Belle gently entwined her fingers into his and pulled him into a hug.

Archived