The Movie Thread

Guest Dan F

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually saw 2 films in development, one called 'Labyrinth' and one called 'The Labyrinth' and I felt a sudden dread come over me each time :P

Thankfully they're not related to the original at all:

The Labyrinth (Horror)

The start of this horror story sees Renata, a journalism-school expellee making her living as a clerk, take a new roommate, an Argentinean girl Kiara who came to Prague to study architecture. It could be an ordinary youngster story, had their friend David not found plans of inaccessible dungeons under the Lesser Town in a book Kiara had bought. The friends meet Dr. Sima, a peculiar doctor, who may just be kidding them all, having the situation as a means to get close to Renata and Kiara, but might as well know things about the underground no one else can think of.

Labyrinth (Thriller)

An institutionalized woman with multiple personality syndrome is the one person who can reveal the identity of a serial killer.

If they ever seriously think about remaking Labyrinth I'm heading around there with a pitchfork :P

Did anyone know that they've actually made a 'sequel' to Labyrinth in the form of a series of Manga books called 'Return to the Labyrinth'?

\

Did anyone know that they've actually made a 'sequel' to Labyrinth in the form of a series of Manga books called 'Return to the Labyrinth'?

It sounds like something I might have heard once. Which funnily enough reminds me of Return to Oz... *shudder.* I know plenty of people that love it, and I was in no way attached to the original Wizard of Oz, but if you want horror... look no further than that godless evil...

You know you're not in a good place when the movie starts with Dorothy receiving shock therapy in an institution for insisting that she's been to a magical land called Oz... And then there are... The Wheelers... *cries* :(

You know what? I normally hate horror movies that revolve around screaming teenagers being stalked by a derranged psycho or a group of nosey high schoolers interfearing with spirits... but... I was challenged to write a script for a movie in that style once... and I had to edit it apparently because I described one of the girls as 'beautiful and slightly chubby' :P But that's the real world for yah... they can't be anywhere near chubby unless they're preggers, they can't show until they are almost having the baby and as soon as they get out of the hospital they have to be walking anorexia again :rolleyes: Anyway, I thought it was a challenge to write this script, but I had to keep it PG13... I ended up almost liking it, but I thought it was too mild... So I've started re-writing it. And the point of this is to say I'm starting to like them. If they weren't so mild, they'd be.. nice. They just need to stop thinking these movies are just for teenagers and direct them more to adult watchers. Maybe center more around adults? Or old people playing with a Ouija bored in the closet of a strip club... Now THATS original! However, the one movie I did like that was superfically teeny was Prom Night (2007). :)

I did watch an English movie the other night where they were like 20 something's messing with a Ouija board after a night of drinking and doing drugs at a club, etc... I feel like if I had have been paying attention to it, it wouldn't have been so bad. I forget what it was called...

Cursed is good - again, 20 somethings who have careers and lives and responsibilities and who have to accommodate a slight case of werewolfism into their daily lives :ph34r: A couple of the characters are still in high school, but that's not where most of the action takes place, so I wouldn't count it as a teen thing. Plus Milo Ventimiglia is in it and

gay

:D

Archived