The Movie Thread

Guest Dan F

even so. It would be nice if they came up with some original ideas. Especially when it comes to horror films, rather than just remaking ones from the 70's.

Has anyone seen Amityville horror? the remake. I tried watching the original and gave up after 30 mins cause i was bored.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, its certainly getting ridiculous with the amount of remakes - I think they've done all the classic horrors now! Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Evil Dead, Psycho.....oh and they're remaking Hellraiser too just for good measure....

I've seen the remake of Amityville Horror, bought it out of interest to see what Melissa George was like - can't say it particularly impressed me, though I don't think I've seen the original anyway

Amityville was fine. Good cast, but it lacked something. The locations were good though, and the frights were good too. But that was just about it really, good. :P

EDIT: I keep on watching Brick over and over... it's addictive :wub:

Well I could have sworn there was a General Movie thread (as opposed to the 'Last Film I Watched' thread)....in fact I know there was as I remember discussing the travesty that was 'Mrs Doubtfire 2', which thankfully has been called off......must have somehow dropped off the database! :blink:

Anywhos, thought I'd update you with a list of movies which some plonkers have decided to remake......

• Short Circuit
  • Karate Kid
  • Suspiria
  • The Witches
  • Robocop
  • Childs Play
  • Metropolis
  • The Evil Dead
  • Friday the 13th (already in Post)
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • The Birds
  • Battle Royale

We also have the following films which are in the very early stages of Development or Pre Production:

• Paddington Bear (live action with CGI Paddington)
  • Scream 4 (how could they!)
  • Little Fockers (don't think I have to explain which film franchise that's from!)
  • Jurassic Park 4
  • Spiderman 4
  • Sin City 2
  • School of Rock 2: America Rocks
  • Scary Movie 5
  • Goosebumps
  • Thundercats
  • Gump & Co (Forrest Gump sequel)
  • Austin Powers 4
  • National Treasure 3
  • Beverly Hills Cop 4
  • The Sweeney
  • Jesus Christ Superstar
  • Sex and the City 2 (pitching)

And of course the following which are well underway with Filming:

• Toy Story 3
  • Angels and Demons
  • Terminator Salvation
  • My Sister's Keeper
  • Hannah Montana
  • Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian
  • The Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
  • Race to Witch Mountain
  • Hoodwinked 2: Hood vs. Evil

STOP. REMAKING. MOVIES!

It always ends in disaster. Battle Royale? Friday The 13th? Karate Kid? Short Circuit? They can't be remade. :(

And for gods sake! SCREAM 4? I liked the first two and the third wasn't good... And you can not be serious about Jurassic Park. That movie is ledgend.

No comment on School Of Rock. How. Could. They?

Scary Movie 5... I only saw the first three. I liked them. Haven't seen four, is it any good?

Goosebumps. That was my favourite scary series :( A movie will ruin it. I did like the books and TV Show though.

SATC2, we'll have to see about that. I still have to see 1 but judging from the fantastic reviews I'm half half... should it be left alone or have a even better sequel?

Wasn't there already a Toy Story 3?

But yay for My Sister's Keeper! It's my favourite book ^_^

Oh, I wrote a horror movie script once... that was fun... I had to keep scaring random people to study their natural reactions :P (That's what I told them, anyway... maybe I just like scaring the living daylights out of people...)

Oh and some good news. Aussie actor Sam Worthington has a big role in it too. So we get Christian Bale and Sam Worthington. Nice. LOL.

Bryce Dallas Howard, who played the blind girl in the movie 'The Village' is playing Kate, John Connor's Wife. Helena Boneham Carter also has a part.

The one you haven't mentioned that I'm looking forward to is Star Trek, with Chris Pine as Kirk and Zachary Quinto as Spock.

Spiderman and Scream 4, I don't like the ideas of, since both worked better as trilogies, but I'll see them anyway. Jurassic Park, I'll see if there's at least two of the stars of the first three.

Terminator 4 and Toy Story 3 I'm optimistic about, but remaking a Nightmare on Elm Street is a travesty. Nobody can replace Robert Englund.Firday the 13th, maybe, but why would a reimagining be any better than just another sequel, which have mostly been remakes anyway?

The Birds, I don't know. Remaking Hitchcock has been hit and miss before. I didn't mind A Perfect Murder or the 1998 Psycho (thanks mainly to Julianne Moore), but it's still not promising.

What's the Goosebumps movie? Is it like an anthology of some of the better books, or what?

As for the others, I'm neutral

I forgot about Zachery Quinto in Star Trek. I've been looking forward to the 2-5 minutes of Chris Hemsworth :P

I don't really think Star Trek counts as a remake. They've had about 60 different series and movies since the original TV show. Unless this movie that's coming out has actually been made before. I don't really know much about it to be honest.

Jurassic Park is an interesting one. I loved the first movie, hated the second (it was completely stupid and pointless), but liked the 3rd, so anything could happen.

I think most movies get remade because the technology is better now and people think that better technology automatically makes a better movie. It's not always the case, obviously, but I don't blame people for being foolish enough to hope. I don't love Star Wars, but I'd prefer to watch "real" creatures, sets and locations rather than a couple of actors standing next to a blue screen for the majority of the film. I still haven't watched the 2nd and 3rd movies (which is to say the 5th and 6th...) I watched about ten minutes of Attack of the Clones, but I turned it off because I couldn't get into it. It was all so blatantly computer animated that nothing felt real at all. There's like no illusion going on anymore, it's just "look how cool our graphics are!" I don't want to watch graphics, I want to watch something that I can be tricked into thinking is real.

I just got a cold chill thinking about a remake of Labyrinth... which I think was a Lucasfilm... May God have mercy on us all.

Archived