Annoying habits of people you live with

Guest lolajaney

My hubby is driving me mad as he doesn't shut doors behind him when he leaves rooms in our house. As well, because of him working in a loud factory he shouts when he talks at home. With sensitive hearing this drives me mad especially in the car.

Am i the only one whose partner does things that annoy them? If not, what are your partner's/family's annoying habits?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no way are you the only one!

my sister always leaves the passage door open and our dog gets into my room and annoys me, so i go put the dog down the other end of the house, shut the passage door, and return to my room, five minutes later i hear the dog scrathing on the door, this goes on for ages, even after i ask her to shut the door, or yell at her. but she never listens :glare:

i've almost given up hope of her ever learning too.

My auntie is really annoying, like she thinks she knows everything.

She always keeps her dog outside at night and stuff, and he crys and crys, so i have to go down stairs in the freezing cold and let him upstairs.

She has so many annoying habits, theres to many to name! :lol:

My mum and cuzzies are allgood tho haha :lol:

I swear my husband is the laziest person I know. He leaves his clothes lying around wherever he takes them off. Hello! We have a clothes basket for a reason. But the thing that annoys me the most is that he never cleans. He does the dishes every now and then. But in the whole three years we've been living together, not once has he cleaned the toilet or the bathroom. What does he think the fairies throw the toilet paper rolls in the bin! I left them in there for a few weeks, hoping that he would clean it. But no, It ended up getting to me, so I eventually did it. What did he say after I did? Oh I was going to clean that. :rolleyes: Yeah right.

Oh and when he washes clothes, he only washes his, none of mine (except for my underwear) or our sons. And then he doesn't check the pockets or put the clothes the right way. When he hangs them out, It's like he just throws them on the line and chucks a peg on them. I keep telling him that they will dry quicker if he hangs them properly.

I could go on forever about how lazy he is.

And then there's my son. Everytime I clean up, he goes behind my back and just messes the house up. He slept over his grandparents the other night and the lounge and dining stayed clean. He was back for five minutes and the place was trashed again. When I put his toys back in his toybox, he goes and grabs them back out. He doesn't even play with them.

And when I ask Matt to do something, he doesn't do it properly. I think he just does it on purpose so he doesn't have to do it again. :rolleyes:

Oh god, I could go on forever.

I'm sick of my mum correcting my grammar as if she expects it to work. And especially when I've told her something dramatic and that's what she reacts to.

I'm also sick of Dad calling me to put a DVD away because he's putting one in the machine when the box is usually sitting right there on the coffee table.

• When my dad talks at the tv. Actually no it's more like shouting, that's why it annoys the crap out of me. Tv's don't flippin talk back. If you hate Andrew O'keefe so much then SWITCH IT OFF. Spending half an hour every afternoon yelling "Shut up you Idiot" is not going to make him any less annoying with his crap jokes. He can't heeeeeeeeeeear youuuuuuuuuu dumbass. I'm not allowed to have the computer in my room because I'm told I'll get distracted when studying but apparently having someone shouting in my ear less than a metre away from is supposed to be helpful. :rolleyes:

• My Dad's smoking in the living room and therefore my face. It is not hard to go outside on the balcony and do it. Oh but wait, it's "too cold" outside. So what does he do? Opens the window directly opposite where I sit so I get the wind. If the weather's too cold to go outside for you what the hell makes you think it's any different for me? Do you think I have an invisible layer of heat around me of something. What great options; I can either freeze to death or suffocate through second hand smoke.

• When he goes into my room and moves stuff! It is NOT unclean just because it's not organised the way you want it! I have systems and a place for everything. Looking extremely tidy is not the point of my storage, it's to fit everything in and know where it is. And then when I can't find something it's MY fault because for e.g having three 7 different stacks of paper "looked messy" so he put them all together and put them in draws with other paper. I didn't have them in different piles because it looked good! Grrrrrr, how stupid can you be?! >____<

One annoying habit of my mothers is when she comes in and I am in bed about 11. She comes in and checks I am asleep or in bed just to be safe, then she leaves the door open and the light on for 30 minutes when i am trying to sleep :angry: I try going under the covers but I can never sleep like that.

When my dad talks at the tv. Actually no it's more like shouting, that's why it annoys the crap out of me. Tv's don't flippin talk back.

My dad does the same, except he yells at the contestants for not taking the deal, and when they do take it, he yells at them because they've still got a chance to win big - and that's not all he does - when we're watching a show like Blue Heelers or City Homicide, he'll always try to finish off sentences the characters say, like when someone will begin to say something like, "I'm sorry,I can't..." he'll reply "because I'm married" or omething similar, it really annoying, because he talks so loud I miss the rest of the sentence >_<

Archived