The Rainbow Campaign

Guest Perry

On behalf of (nearly) everyone in this thread, I'd like to say thank you to the writers. You'd have to be living under a rock not to know what's happening in the current Australian episodes, but since it's a spoiler...

to whoever decided to go ahead with Charlie and Joey, THANK YOU!!!

:D Charlie is one of, if not my favourite current character, and to add a bisexual aspect to her is genius. Her awkwardness with men could easily lead to her uncovering her own homosexuality, so she's a great choice for this storyline. Joey is a wonderful character too, and while she's being introduced on a gay storyline, which a lot of people didn't want to see happen, I think it's been done with a lot of class and respect, and it's certainly not the only thing there is to her. Kate Bell is a great actress, as is Esther, of course, and both of them are captivating individuals - I can't wait to see them as an onscreen a couple! I'm loving it! :D

I hope that all the controversy seems worth it to the writers and producers and everyone else involved, because it is certainly worth it to the fans who have waited a long time to see this happen.

Thank you :)

Well said :D

This gay storyline is so inspirational and would be helping more people than you can imagine. The characters involved are perfect in my opinion! Charlie and Joey

:wub: Not only that, but the way they are approaching it with such care, it's so realistic, I'm impressed. Big thumbs up to the writers!

Thank you!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, I must say I'm loving all the McDean/Nuke/BJ ( :ph34r: ) love in this topic. 3 of my favourite couples ever! Going back a few pages, I know, but I just read the topic.

Secondly, I too

am thrilled they decides to go ahead with the Joey/Charlie storyline. For too long, people have longed for a gay relationship on H&A and have got nothing from it. It seems to be starting out really well and looks set to progress nicely over time. I can't wait to watch it all unfold.

Remember that the show needs your support more than ever at the moment.

There have been various topics on this forum over the years calling for a decent gay storyline, but the show has always been wary of doing so due to the problems it has brought the network in the past.

True to form, as soon as this storyline made the news, and that stupid woman went to all the papers saying how wrong it was, the ratings went down.

So far, the current storyline is being handled very well, and it I feel that it continues to grow in strength in the upcoming weeks in Aus.

It is absolutely pathetic that a 7pm show can suffer, due to a few prejudiced people who are jumping to conclusions when the first sniff of something gay related makes the news. Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks, EastEnders....all of which have aired between 6-8pm, have all had gay characters without this much fuss.

If you feel the same way when it airs, please let Seven know this.

If an article goes up on any of the news sites, whether good or bad, let your views be heard by commenting on it.

They need to know that the true fans of the show are backing them.

No point rolling your eyes at my comment, its a fact from reliable sources that since the introduction of the character on screen (along with bad publicity surrounding it), the ratings have dropped.

It has happened with other Seven shows in the past as well.

Remember that the show needs your support more than ever at the moment.

There have been various topics on this forum over the years calling for a decent gay storyline, but the show has always been wary of doing so due to the problems it has brought the network in the past.

True to form, as soon as this storyline made the news, and that stupid woman went to all the papers saying how wrong it was, the ratings went down.

So far, the current storyline is being handled very well, and it I feel that it continues to grow in strength in the upcoming weeks in Aus.

It is absolutely pathetic that a 7pm show can suffer, due to a few prejudiced people who are jumping to conclusions when the first sniff of something gay related makes the news. Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks, EastEnders....all of which have aired between 6-8pm, have all had gay characters without this much fuss.

If you feel the same way when it airs, please let Seven know this.

If an article goes up on any of the news sites, whether good or bad, let your views be heard by commenting on it.

They need to know that the true fans of the show are backing them.

I have looked at all the news articles on this and the feedback from the public has been positive, especially in the UK and Ireland where things are obviously much more liberal.

No point rolling your eyes at my comment, its a fact from reliable sources that since the introduction of the character on screen (along with bad publicity surrounding it), the ratings have dropped.

It has happened with other Seven shows in the past as well.

But why would a gay character cause ratings to fall? IIRC Neighbours' ratings increased when lesbian Lana was introduced, though the storyline did cause family protest weirdos to get their knickers in a twist.

Archived