Heath Ledger Found Dead

Guest AngelRose

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't watch it, but I saw "Heath Ledger's drug den" advertised... I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of wasting my time on insensitive, soulless, money-grubbing bullsh*t like that. It makes me dirty to even bother talking about it <_<

I caught a clip on the channel 10 news where they were advertising the controversy about showing it, and then showed it. With subtitles. I am so, so angry. There's no point to it. I wish that they would just leave him and his poor family alone. Over here in Perth pretty much everyone knew him, or knew someone who knew him. It's already hard enough, we don't need his reputation dragged through the dirt. It's not going to change anything.

Why cant they just leave him and his family alone and let him rest in peace, and stop speculating about his death. His family has a hard time enough as it is they dont need this to. Leave them alone and let him rest in peace.

But since it is the media they wont stop untill they know the cause of his death.

I caught a clip on the channel 10 news where they were advertising the controversy about showing it, and then showed it. With subtitles. I am so, so angry. There's no point to it. I wish that they would just leave him and his poor family alone. Over here in Perth pretty much everyone knew him, or knew someone who knew him. It's already hard enough, we don't need his reputation dragged through the dirt. It's not going to change anything.

I switched over when that came on. I really thought that Channel Ten was better than that. After seeing them play a 911 call from some abused footballer's wife (and here we are wondering why the people that found Heath delayed in giving the media something to smear all over the headlines), and then footage of Britney Spears being carted off to a psychiatric facility, while at the same time condemning the "paparazzi" (as if they're not just as bad as those disgusting bastards by profiting from the trouble they cause) I've regrettably lost a lot of respect for them. I used to be able to trust that they weren't as bad as everyone else... Now I think I was just being naive.

It's truly sick that they're digging up footage from TWO YEARS AGO to try and imply that he had a drug problem. Maybe he did THEN, or maybe he was just having a big night out. Wasn't it the night he was nominated for an OSCAR? Hell, if you can't have a drink, and yes, a few other choice substances, to celebrate that, then when can you? Maybe he took it too far that night, but that doesn't have anything to do with his state of mind when he died.

Here's a newsflash (and if I ever get famous, the media are welcome to it) I almost drank myself to death two years ago - that doesn't mean I'm going to do it now. My life is very different from what it was then, and I've learned through bad experiences not to be so foolish with alcohol. IF Heath was going to kill himself, I'm pretty sure he'd be more professional than to do it right in the middle of a movie, and with so many other projects in the pipeline. From the way people talk about him, he just wouldn't commit to things like that if he thought he wasn't going to be around to follow through with them. This whole thing is just ridiculous and shameful <_<

I'm kinda ashamed of myself...Kinda

It might sound silly but today i was in HMV and they had ''A Knight's Tale'',''Two Hands'' and ''1O Things I Hate About You'' on display.I wanted the last 2 but i ummed and arred about it for ages.I was a thinking it's a bit sick they're trying to make money from his death.I went and did what i had to do and went back and dawdled somee more.I eventually got them,i figured it was better then some random on ebay cashing in.

I know it's pretty silly,i can't believe some dvds brought out such a strong reaction.

i bought brokeback mountain and 10 things i hate about you today. i dont feel ashamed as he was an amazing actor and is probably looking down, saying, wow people really want to watch me'.

i believe there are some people who are just buying them for his death, but then im sure he'd be happy they are getting bought :)

still very sad tho..... :(

I don't think anyone should feel bad for wanting to watch his films. If someone you know passes away it's quite normal to look back at photographs and home movies of them, so when an actor who you liked and respected dies it's perfectly natural to want to remember him in that way. Yes, the people who own dvd stores are obviously aware that it's a money-making opportunity and it does seem quite mercenary of them, but at a time like this I think people would buy the films whether or not they promoted them.

The way I look at it is, everyone will make money off it, even his daughter. As I'm guessing the royalties that Heath should have been getting, for all the sales should now go to her.

I watched 10 thing... a few days ago and by the end I was crying my eyes out! It's a horrible thought to think that after his Batman film, he won't be in anymore.

Archived