Heath Ledger Found Dead

Guest AngelRose

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think anyone should be ashamed to buy or watch movies with Heath in, sometimes it is easier that way, some people watch pictures and videos to remember, and it can be a great way to remember.

I just cant watch Brokeback mountain with Heath even though I love that movie, I just cant sense I cry enough as it is to that movie, I would just cry even more, I think it will take a while before I can watch it again.

I caught a clip on the channel 10 news where they were advertising the controversy about showing it, and then showed it. With subtitles. I am so, so angry. There's no point to it. I wish that they would just leave him and his poor family alone. Over here in Perth pretty much everyone knew him, or knew someone who knew him. It's already hard enough, we don't need his reputation dragged through the dirt. It's not going to change anything.

I switched over when that came on. I really thought that Channel Ten was better than that. After seeing them play a 911 call from some abused footballer's wife (and here we are wondering why the people that found Heath delayed in giving the media something to smear all over the headlines), and then footage of Britney Spears being carted off to a psychiatric facility, while at the same time condemning the "paparazzi" (as if they're not just as bad as those disgusting bastards by profiting from the trouble they cause) I've regrettably lost a lot of respect for them. I used to be able to trust that they weren't as bad as everyone else... Now I think I was just being naive.

It's truly sick that they're digging up footage from TWO YEARS AGO to try and imply that he had a drug problem. Maybe he did THEN, or maybe he was just having a big night out. Wasn't it the night he was nominated for an OSCAR? Hell, if you can't have a drink, and yes, a few other choice substances, to celebrate that, then when can you? Maybe he took it too far that night, but that doesn't have anything to do with his state of mind when he died.

Here's a newsflash (and if I ever get famous, the media are welcome to it) I almost drank myself to death two years ago - that doesn't mean I'm going to do it now. My life is very different from what it was then, and I've learned through bad experiences not to be so foolish with alcohol. IF Heath was going to kill himself, I'm pretty sure he'd be more professional than to do it right in the middle of a movie, and with so many other projects in the pipeline. From the way people talk about him, he just wouldn't commit to things like that if he thought he wasn't going to be around to follow through with them. This whole thing is just ridiculous and shameful <_<

From what I hear, he wasn't even taking drugs at that party, the clip was just edited to make it look like he was. He states that he smoked joints for 20 years (OK, that's completely an exaggeration. That would mean he started smoking joints when he was 6.) then pointed to his tattoo ("M", for Matilda Rose) and said that he got that to remind him to never smoke a joint again. And apparently he was, for the most part, standing in the doorway looking extremely uncomfortable to be there at all.

As for feeling bad for buying his movies ... don't. I would if I could find any. Enjoy "Candy", Emmasi, it's one of the most beautiful and sad movies I've ever seen. And I also can't bring myself to watch Brokeback, even though it's one of my favourite movies ... if I cried during Knight's Tale, then by the end of Brokeback I would have cried so much I'd just be a shrivelled pile of skin and bones on the floor! It's going to be bad enough watcing Dark Knight ... thankfully I'm going with some friends who are also likely to cry their eyes out, so I won't be alone!

The Patriot was horrible... It's a good thing I had Jason Isaacs to distract me, because it was pretty uncomfortable watching some of those scenes where

Heath's character is injured and dying...

I think it was a bit too soon to be watching something like that. Great movie though. I don't usually like war movies, but because it was pre-automatic weapons, and it was people defending their own families in their own backyard, it seemed less futile. I enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived