Heath Ledger Found Dead

Guest AngelRose

I was absolutely sickened to see the press taking pictures of the body bag. It totally amazes me the nerve of some people, do they not think how his family or friends would feel watching that :angry:

I agree. Apparently when police and paramedics were in his apartment b4 his body was removed paparazzi were climbing the drain pipes trying to pics of the scene!!It's disgusting and completely insensitive!! :angry:

When he was alive he didn't want to be part of the big L.A scene or constantly in the lime light so the least ppl can do is respect that. Let him R.I.P and let his family grieve in peace 4 gods sake!It's not much to ask ppl to have sum common, human decency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you misunderstand me, I did not and do not assume he had committed suicide at all. I am talking about the fact that he was a long term drug user. He made the choice to use heroin, it was the reason his partner left him, It is that choice which I was talking about. That is the tragedy. He could have sought help. Hee was offered it and rejected it. When you watch someone you love fighting for life against a ravinging illnees and then someone else throws away a life through poor choices it does tend to make you get a bit angry. That does not mean I have not sympthy for him and his family, because I do.

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but I'm still not sure I can agree. As far as I'm aware Heath did try to get help for his addiction and had previously been in rehab, but even if he hadn't it's such a complicated issue that I find it hard to condemn him. Addiction of any kind is an illness - if he'd been anorexic, which is a kind of addiction in itself, would people be so quick to judge? Heath obviously wanted to get better so that he could be a good father and see his daughter grow up, but it's not always that easy. He clearly had some quite deep problems and sometimes it seems impossible to find a way through them.

Word of caution - don't watch Brokeback Mountain for a while. Unless you need to cry...

It was on last night over here. I turned it on for like a minute. Heath came on and I was thinking "I can't believe your gone" and I started to cry. Then today, there was an advert on the TV advertising a movie night in memory of Heath and I started to cry again. I never would of thought I would get so upset over a person I didn't know personally. :(

On saturday network ten are playing two of his movies a knights tale at 7:30pm and the patriot at 10:10pm they air under a banner title Heath Ledger 1979-2008 if anyone is interested?

Seems like a rather cynical attempt at gathering a few more viewers.

It really is so sad. My mum told me and intially I didn't believe her. I remember my SOSE teacher in year 10 told me that she took Heath Ledger to her ball as her ball date. It's just so unbelieveable! My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. I hope Guilford do get to do a special memorial for him.

I was absolutely sickened to see the press taking pictures of the body bag. It totally amazes me the nerve of some people, do they not think how his family or friends would feel watching that :angry:

I was disgusted aswell. The press really do need to learn when to put the thoughts of the family and friends ahead of getting pictures and footage.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends at this difficult time.

I think you misunderstand me, I did not and do not assume he had committed suicide at all. I am talking about the fact that he was a long term drug user. He made the choice to use heroin, it was the reason his partner left him, It is that choice which I was talking about. That is the tragedy. He could have sought help. Hee was offered it and rejected it. When you watch someone you love fighting for life against a ravinging illnees and then someone else throws away a life through poor choices it does tend to make you get a bit angry. That does not mean I have not sympthy for him and his family, because I do.

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but I'm still not sure I can agree. As far as I'm aware Heath did try to get help for his addiction and had previously been in rehab, but even if he hadn't it's such a complicated issue that I find it hard to condemn him. Addiction of any kind is an illness - if he'd been anorexic, which is a kind of addiction in itself, would people be so quick to judge? Heath obviously wanted to get better so that he could be a good father and see his daughter grow up, but it's not always that easy. He clearly had some quite deep problems and sometimes it seems impossible to find a way through them.

I agree with Claire_louise...Unless you've walked in his shoes don't judge him.I've heard varied reports on this drug addiction thing.Some people are saying he wasn't really addicted ,he just dabbled with it a bit as a lot of people do at some point.In any case i doubt it has anything too do with his death,no illegal drugs were found at his house so don't judge him for his PAST.

Those channel 10 ads are driving me mad.I wanna cry when ever i see them and it's just for a quick buck .

I'm glad they're showing those movies. I don't think I've ever made it through A Knight's Tale, and I haven't seen The Patriot at all. I personally watched one of his movies as soon as I could (Brokeback Mountain, 'cause it's the only DVD of his I have...) and I'd imagine that other people might want to watch his movies again too, but might not have any. I think it's a nice idea... but on a sidenote, Channel Ten might want to invest in some new movies because they run A Knight's Tale about five times a year anyway...

I also had a dream last night that Home and Away dedicated their premier episode for the season to Heath... Probably because I just want that to happen. I know he was only a guest a long time ago, but I still think it would be nice.

I also had a dream last night that Home and Away dedicated their premier episode for the season to Heath... Probably because I just want that to happen. I know he was only a guest a long time ago, but I still think it would be nice.

Maybe Seven will do a short tribute montage at the end of the 2008 season opener episode :unsure:. There are video clips on the official site of his time on H&A which is nice.

Archived