Heath Ledger Found Dead

Guest AngelRose

I found out this morning and I still find it hard to believe :( I just can't believe that he's gone. It was my friend who told me (she told me and one of my other friends) and we both went "what? No! Is it really true?" and then we both were really sad and devastated. My thoughts go to his family and friends, especially his little daughter :( Right now I'm really angry at the Paparazzi :angry: What's wrong with them? He's dead for God's sake! Show some respect! Let him rest in peace and leave his family alone -_-

Heath Ledger

1979-2008

R.I.P Heath

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its tragic, and its sad and it makes me angry. I feel enormous sympathy for his daughter and for his family but I feel angry too. He had so much to live for but he opted not get the help he needed. At the end of the day he had a choice that a lot of people do not. Someone close to me who is the same age as him does not have that choice, and has a terminal illness which can not be beaten, and its not bloody fair. Heath had an illness which could be beaten but he chose not to and that was the tragedy, and that is what makes me angry. He has left a daughter without a Dad and it was so unnecessary. He had so many talents and his poor parents must also feel bereft. Its tragic for all the wrong reasons.

I see where you're coming from, but I think we should all refrain from any such comments until we actually know what happened. At this stage it hasn't been confirmed that Heath committed suicide and it may well still have been an accident, so judgements like that aren't necessary.

I’ll second that! On the news tonight it shows an interview with him talking about his daughter and how he wants nothing more than to see her grow up and be happy. Also it says how he’s happy and in love. Now does this sound like a person who wants to kill them selves? I know we don’t know what’s happened behind closed doors, but everyone has said how he was a happy, bubbly person and they can’t believe he would think about committing suicide, let alone do it! Now from what I’ve seen of him and read about him, I believe that!

My heart goes out to his family and close friends, he will be truly missed. I’ll never be able to enjoy watching 10 things I hate about you or Knights Tale in the same way again.

I was at my friend's place. I was sitting in bed because I couldn't sleep, and then my friend's sister came in to tell me. She'd heard if from a friend of a friend... so I was really hoping that someone had got their wires crossed, because Heath Ledger is such a great actor and I have a lot of respect for him. I say IS and not WAS, because he's immortalized in his films, and in interviews and behind the scenes footage. I think his daughter is one of the lucky ones (as far as children who've lost a parent go), because she WILL know her dad. She will know that he was a man of outstanding talent and integrity, and that he loved her more than anything - he's on camera saying how much he wanted to live for her. Even if he did do something irreversibly tragic in a weak moment (which I don't think he did, but if it turns out that way...) she'll know that that's all it was, one weak moment, because he so obviously wanted to be there for her.

It's such a beautiful gift that we got to see his spirit captured on film so that he can live on long after the body's gone.

Its tragic, and its sad and it makes me angry. I feel enormous sympathy for his daughter and for his family but I feel angry too. He had so much to live for but he opted not get the help he needed. At the end of the day he had a choice that a lot of people do not. Someone close to me who is the same age as him does not have that choice, and has a terminal illness which can not be beaten, and its not bloody fair. Heath had an illness which could be beaten but he chose not to and that was the tragedy, and that is what makes me angry. He has left a daughter without a Dad and it was so unnecessary. He had so many talents and his poor parents must also feel bereft. Its tragic for all the wrong reasons.

I see where you're coming from, but I think we should all refrain from any such comments until we actually know what happened. At this stage it hasn't been confirmed that Heath committed suicide and it may well still have been an accident, so judgements like that aren't necessary.

I think you misunderstand me, I did not and do not assume he had committed suicide at all. I am talking about the fact that he was a long term drug user. He made the choice to use heroin, it was the reason his partner left him, It is that choice which I was talking about. That is the tragedy. He could have sought help. Hee was offered it and rejected it. When you watch someone you love fighting for life against a ravinging illnees and then someone else throws away a life through poor choices it does tend to make you get a bit angry. That does not mean I have not sympthy for him and his family, because I do.

Archived