New HSM Scandal (Sorta)

Guest Luc

This was in a recent issue of FAMOUS Magazine

I’m Not Gay!

Zac fears whispers about his sexuality may ruin his image.

Hairspray star Zac Efron is reeling after being linked to a blind item on the New York Post’s website. It read, “Which movie studio is desperately trying to hide its latest star’s homosexuality? They have made him pair up with his leading lady, whom he couldn’t care less about.”

The item was posted online, with bloggers in their droves suggesting the rumour was about Zac and Girlfriend Vanessa Anne Hudgens, with whom he starred in the High School Musical movies – with a few falsely guessing at Jake Gyllenhaal.

One, using the pseudonym Can’t Tell, shockingly writes on PerezHilton.com, “Zac Efron is gay. I have a friend who worked on the set of Hairspray and Vanessa gets paid by Disney to act like his girlfriend.

“They are friends and it gets her more publicity so she doesn’t mind. One of the actresses on the set of Hairspray accidentally slipped up to a reporter that Zac was gay and they got pissed at her because they had to pay the reporter off!”

Zac, 20, who has been telling pals, “I’m not gay,” is fearful the unfounded rumours may affect his blossoming film career.

While fans insist Zac and Vanessa are the real deal, one insider thinks Zac isn’t helping himself. “Last week he was raving about Julie Andrews being his greatest influence. That hardly smacks of masculinity.

ALSO: Has He Had Surgery?

Speculation is rife that Zac has gone under the knife – more specifically, that he’s had a nose job. Says a source, “It wouldn’t be a surprise if he’s had his nose done. Studio executives want to milk his heartthrob status to the max!” The actor also appears to have had dental work to close a gap between his front teeth. [F]

FAMOUS poll – 69% of FAMOUS readers aren’t convinced by Zac and Vanessa’s romance.

What do you think of that?

PS. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pff. Teeth. Who wouldn't fix that if they could? That's nothing scandalous in my opinion, that's common sense! Someone give me a few thousand dollars and a snoot full of happy gass and I'll be smiling in no time!

As for Zac being gay... well that doesn't surprise me one bit. He was sooo cagey on Rove. He didn't answer the "Who would you turn gay for?" question, which is only a joke that Rove asks everyon... the fact that he couldn't take it screamed closet-case to me. And no, he's not doing himself any favours. Even if he's straight, who's he trying to impress by "fearing his image will be damaged"? It's not the 50s... What a sad a and prejudiced opinion to have. I feel so sorry for him if he's that narrow-minded, especially if it means that he can't be proud of who he is. And it's just disgusting if it's the studio telling him to hide it. Haven't they heard of work-place descrimination? Sue 'em Zac!!

He was sooo cagey on Rove. He didn't answer the "Who would you turn gay for?" question, which is only a joke that Rove asks everyon... the fact that he couldn't take it screamed closet-case to me.

I thought that too. But then again, he didn't really get a chance to say a lot. Nicky answered the question, then Rove took the money and it was over. That doesn't necessarily mean that he's gay. Him and Vanessa seem pretty real to me, but I'm not really up to judging their relationship. He's like the most popular teen in America at the moment, so I guess any publicity is good publicity. :wink:

Pff. Teeth. Who wouldn't fix that if they could? That's nothing scandalous in my opinion, that's common sense! Someone give me a few thousand dollars and a snoot full of happy gass and I'll be smiling in no time!

As for Zac being gay... well that doesn't surprise me one bit. He was sooo cagey on Rove. He didn't answer the "Who would you turn gay for?" question, which is only a joke that Rove asks everyon... the fact that he couldn't take it screamed closet-case to me. And no, he's not doing himself any favours. Even if he's straight, who's he trying to impress by "fearing his image will be damaged"? It's not the 50s... What a sad a and prejudiced opinion to have. I feel so sorry for him if he's that narrow-minded, especially if it means that he can't be proud of who he is. And it's just disgusting if it's the studio telling him to hide it. Haven't they heard of work-place descrimination? Sue 'em Zac!!

I couldn't agree more. I'm not a big fan of Zac or HSM and I don't really know that much about that relationship or any of the things mentioned, but the "fearing his image will be damaged" comment made my roll my eyes. How many didn't take T.R Knight's side over Isiah Washington's when it came out that Isiah Washington had verbally abused T.R Knight because he is gay? I know that's a different case and everything, but honestly, it seems to me like a majority of people are starting to see that there is more to the world than successful, heterosexual, white actors; even Hollywood. As far as I know Alexis Arquette has no problems getting cast.

If he is gay then good for him, but stop pretending he's not, and if he isn't then, fine, it really doesn't matter to me.

zacnose__oPt.jpg

It looks like he has had a nose job judging from these two pics but it may just be the camera angle?

I wouldn't call getting his teeth 'done' scandal. I've had my teeth done and I don't think it's that big of a deal.

The nose job is completely different though :lol: No idea why...

And I don't know if he's gay or not. Doesn't really bother me.

I'm not a Zac fan haha.

But I do know that he is VERY cagey when it comes to his personal life. He refuses to talk about it.

So I find it funny that he's quick to defend himself when he's accused of being gay.

I read a line in a book once that went something like "Nothing gets to someone more than accusing them of being something they're not." So it's not so much that he'd be defensive about it if he's not gay - it's essentially someone spreading lies about him which is not cool - it's that he or someone else thinks it would damage his reputation as an actor. I just don't get that. I mean it's a stereotypical perception that guys who are interested in theatre are gay anyway, so why would it be so shocking that a some of them actually ARE? There are three explanations I can think of, each more idiotic than the last:

1. They'll get type cast as gay, meaning that people won't believe them in straight roles... Um. It's ACTING. They're not ACTUALLY in love with the people they're with onscreen anyway, so what difference does it make what gender the love interest is? Heath Ledger met his wife (if they're still together...) while he was playing a GAY cowboy, right? So... am I meant to believe that his CHARACTER in Brokeback Mountain was totally straight the whole time even though he was having sex with a man? WHAT :blink:???

2. The fans will lose interest if they don't think there's a chance that they'll actually fall in love with them... Okay, those are some stupid, delusional, and lazy fans, and people like that aren't worth worrying about. First of all, there are plenty of happily married/involved actors out there who have massive fanbases. Who here really thinks that Brad Pitt is going to jump from Gwen to Jen to Angelina to THEM? Get serious... but that doesn't mean you can't dream and fantasise about it anyway. That doesn't mean he won't be perfectly pleasant to you and give you a hug and maybe a kiss on the cheek if you're lucky enough to meet him some time. Just because it won't be love at first sight doesn't mean you have to stop being a fan. What kind of fan are you anyway if that's all you care about?? And on the other hand, if you're really that obsessive, shouldn't you still believe that no matter how married or gay or just plain uninterested they are, YOU'LL still absolutely be able to change their mind?? Come on! Have a bit of dedication, people!!

3. Some bizare, outdated perception that gay couples/orgyists finish off their sexual encounters by sacrificing a goat (which they've probably sodomised) to Satan... that is what those types do, isn't it...? Well of course, you wouldn't want something like that getting out. That really would be damaging :rolleyes:

Argh. I got nothing against keeping your private life private. Sure it's irritating when you want to know everything you can about someone (*coughChrisHemsworthcough*) and they won't bloody tell you a thing... but in the end that's their business. I wouldn't particularly like having my personal relationships scrutinized by thousands/millions of strangers either... but something like being gay... if someone asks and you say "I don't think that's important. I'd rather people focus on my acting, not who I sleep with" thats fair enough, but when you're out there going "I'm NOT gay! I'm NOT! STOP SAYING IT!!! I MIGHT NOT GET INTO HEAVEN IF GOD FINDS OUT!!!! :o" ..... yeah. That's just sad.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived