Kate Ritchie news

Guest Heathsgirl

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incase anyone might want to read it....I said... :rolleyes:....Tanya has out up the e-mail I sent Seven yesterday (it's a bit of a way down!) - here :D I feel very proud.

I read the email you sent to Seven, it was very moving. Sally will be missed by many people, I am sure. At least we still have a few months to go ... I am sure they will give her a nice exit and who knows maybe she will be like Pippa and pop in from time to time.

OH. MY. GOD.

Only just come on here to read this!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who, upon reading the news, was immediately comforted in the knowledge that Bevan Lee is the one responsible for writing her out.

If I were a betting man, my money would be on the "shock revelation" being Sally's parents still alive.

I can't believe she is leaving! :unsure: When you think of home and away, you think of Sally Fletcher and Alf Stuart. It just wont be the same without her. And I also worry that with the absence of her character, what will happen to Cassie and Rick. I assume Pippa will go with her, but of course it all depends on how she exits.

I just cant believe it! I hope it is written so she can come back if she wants, because I have a feeling it might be quite hard for Kate Richie to get a substantial amount of acting work after this. She IS to the world Sally. My friend doesnt even watch H&A and she still goes from time to time when i mention it "Is that Sally one still in it?". So in a way that may be a huge disadvantage as no one wants an actress who is seen by the audience as another character intirely. Don't get me wrong, Kate Richie is a fantastic actress, and over the years has moulded a fantastic character who most fans love. An obviously that will go in her favour.

Still, I am in shock. It is going to take a lot getting used to Home and Away without Sally. Although she isn't my favourite character, I feel the bay will never be the same without her :( .

You know, I thought I'd be upset when she leaves but I'm actually happy for her. She can do so much with her talent... We'll see much more of her, I'm sure of that.

No doubt this isn't the last we've heard of her and I am so happy that she isnt one of those soapies who get above their station and heads to LA. Kate is very grounded.

I've said this in a previous thread already but I reckon Seven's "Will Sally Survive" promo could have been the thing that made kate leave. It was massively promoted over a six week period. I live in Ireland and it made news here. kate herself has said she couldnt walk outside the door without getting heckled about the stabbong. So, with all the talk about Kate leaving I reckon it must have had some impact on her and she probably thought what if.... So, did Seven's massive campaign backfire horribley?

You know, I thought I'd be upset when she leaves but I'm actually happy for her. She can do so much with her talent... We'll see much more of her, I'm sure of that.

No doubt this isn't the last we've heard of her and I am so happy that she isnt one of those soapies who get above their station and heads to LA. Kate is very grounded.

It was the shock that made me really sad at first, but now i'm just over the moon for her, I really am :D . She has portrayed such a wonderful character for almost 20 years now and i'm suprised that she hasn't left sooner to be honest! 20 years in the same job - that is an acheivement in itself!!!

She is incredibly grounded. The whole cast seem just really genuine and down to earth and well...just really nice people! :D I think there is this thing sometimes where fame is seen as the be all and end all. That's why I respect all of the cast members so much because I think the individuals who make up the cast, are extremely talented people who aren't in it to win it, they are there because it's what they enjoy doing and hey, the viewers at home love seeing them on screen! :P:D So all I can say to Kate is...you go girl!!!! :lol:

Archived