Kate Ritchie news

Guest Heathsgirl

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its just a shock, even thou there has been talk abt her leaving.

I think she was maybe going to leave last yr. They convinced her to stay another year!!? At a late stage. :o Who knows.

It'll not really sink in until she not been on screen a while.

I wish Kate the very best of luck whatever she does?!!, when she's finished filming.

Just to post this in here, the first official statement from the H&A Production Office, sent exclusively to BTTB from Bevan Lee:

After twenty years playing one of the iconic characters of Australian television drama, Kate has decided to move on to new challenges. It is of course a sad day for both the makers and the fans of the show, but her departure will be handled with the sensitivity and respect it deserves. One of the reasons I came back to the show, that I could not talk about until now that the official statement of Kate's departure has been made, was to make sure that the story of Sally's departure is one befitting Kate's twenty years on the show and one that really delivers for the fans. It is a ten week arc story that starts with the last scene to air in Australia in 2007 and ends ten weeks in to the 2008 season. Kate will leave the show on an uplifting and positive note and the door will be kept open for her return should she ever choose to do so. There will be many dramatic and tension-filled twists and turns, and many tears of both joy and sorrow, along the way to her departure. Kate is a truly wonderful young woman and everyone at Seven wishes her well in both her personal life and her new career goals.

Please credit BTTB if you post this elsewhere *cough*aimed at a certain UK soap magazine*cough*

Really is happeing because I found a article on it on MSN live too. Sad that she's going, but Sally seems to be heading towards a big breakdown, could this have something to do with the big season finale? And if Sally goes then Pippa is gonna go wiuth nher (Unless Sally dies...), and where will Cassie/Ric go?

It certainly gave me a shock, all the speculation there's been already about Kate leaving....its a bit of a Cry Wolf situation as you hear it so many times that you think it will never happen....my hands were literally shaking whilst writing up the news!

If it's not too much trouble, maybe somebody who runs this place could change the title of this thread so it can't be seen on the message board homepage by those who don't like getting huge spoilers ruined.

I mean, it's too late for me now, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't like knowing about major developments 5 months before they screen.

Another thing I think is weird and quite a horrible thought, is that there will now be a new generation of characters who won't know Sally. Every single character that has ever come to the Bay has known Sally, but now, as new characters come in, and people mention her, they will be saying "who's Sally?" :(.

Archived