Kate Ritchie news

Guest Heathsgirl

Gutted Kate Ritchie is leaving, not just for the sake of the show and everything Sally leaving will put an end to (such as the fact that there will be no connection to the Fletcher's and Ross', unless they bring back another 'oldie' who lived with them, or another original foster kid) but because Sally is and has always been my favourite character, same with Kate as an actor. So its gonna be a huge huge shame to see her go.

I really hope the writers will do something to fill the gaping hole Sally's departure will leave, I don’t want to see a new family in Summer bay House, like the Sutherland era, yet I definitely dont want to see the house disappear, that would be disastrous for the show imo. Like I mentioned, we need another ex cast member to return from either the 80's or 90's that have a connection with Sally in some way, dont want to see all that history disappear for good, Sally's presence has always carried on that 'Home and Away' vibe throughout its different 'era's' and directions, Sally's storylines have always been consistent, true to character, and written in a way that could easily have taken place back in the day...so the writers need to be careful.

Very happy Kate is excited about her future, but really would prefer it if she didn’t leave the show! :P

I was soo gutted when I heard this news, as Kate is my favourite actor on the show, along with Ray. But I wish her all the best for the future, and I am sure she will be successful in whatever she decides to do next. SB won't be the same wthout her though !

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this might seem a bit stupid of me,but it is the right place to post it,I just still cannot believe or accept she's not going to be there. It's just wrong. I've no doubt that she will leave with great respect to her character,I just desperately don't want her to. Hopefully,by the time it does,we'll all be hugely eager for her to start a bright,shiny new life elsewhere. Just needed to say that really....

She seems like she wants to try living a 'normal' life for a while, which is totally understandable. She probably can't remember what it's like not to be famous and that must be weird. She's spoken about wanting to try out other jobs (outside of the media) but I hope she doesn't give up the spotlight all together. It would be such a shame.

No she isn't pregnant or engaged! She cleared that up when she announced her depature. She just felt like a change. Apparently she is moving to Melbourne.

If she moves to Melbourne praps she'll end up in Neighbours lol.

Have you heard there are at least 2 more characters leaving Bevan Lee has apparently been reading bttb and has put a message up on the seven site? Saying that he wanted to make sure people knew it wouldn't compromise the show by having lot's of long term characters leaving and the new ones would make it just as good :huh:

SHE'S signed off from her Summer Bay residence, but small screen golden girl Kate Ritchie looks to be overhauling her life further with a move to Melbourne.

It would seem the Home and Away star is looking to make yet another dramatic move away from home, with word Ritchie has snapped up an apartment in Melbourne near St Kilda Rd.

While the Gold Logie winner was not available for comment yesterday, sources told Confidential Ritchie had signed a lease for the property and was planning to move south in December.

The timing would fit perfectly with the actress's resignation from the Channel Seven soap she's starred in for the past 20 years, with her last day of filming on Home and Away scheduled for December 14.

While Seven are yet to confirm Ritchie as the co-host of It Takes Two, it is likely the popular personality will take up the post alongside Grant Denyer when the show's third season warbles into action early next year.

As it is filmed out of Melbourne, it would be convenient for Ritchie to base herself out of the Victorian capital rather than enduring the commute on a weekly basis.

Despite having laid the groundwork for a successful career with Seven post Summer Bay, Ritchie told reporters that all she was keen to focus on was a long holiday following her surprise resignation announcement last week.

But she's ruled out a move to Hollywood, saying she'd prefer to continue to strengthen her stellar career in Oz.

"I would much prefer to stay here and build on what I already have," Ritchie said.

"I certainly would not want to rush into anything, but I can't imagine twiddling my thumbs will satisfy me either."

I thought she said in an interview. Whilst she enjoyed hosting, it made her realise it wasn’t what she wanted to do.

I’ve just been reading all the amazing e-mails to Kate Ritchie on the Official Site. I hope she gets to read them, its as if everyone far and wide have felt the need to get on the net and send her a message!

Such ingredients to make a hugely popular character in a drama... amazingly 'real' acting, and simple character based storytelling. People feel as if she is part of their family because we saw Sally go threw such realities of life, not just including her first bra, but all the insecurities Sally has, the problems she’s faced and that vital ‘Home and Away’ component, love and support…all the emotional stuff! :D

Archived