Kate Ritchie news

Guest Heathsgirl

I wonder if because of Sallys Leave, the Caravan Park goes up in flames, that basically sets it down as the end of the 20 year Fletcher Era of home and away? hrrrm... Meh, my theories never work out well. If i had control of the script, lancey would have come back as the Summer Bay Sniper and shot someone then feaked out and killed himself in front of colleen.

Hrm...

Yeah, about Sally though, if they don't give us at least a 1 hour special for her leave, i'm gonna be at channel 7 with Summer bay Firebombs (Thanks to The Summer Bay Stalker Company)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, i'm actually sitting here with tears rolling down my eyes! Goodness where do I start?!

Right, firstly Kate...i'm going to miss her so much. I may not have been around when the show first started but I feel like I know Sally as a character and have really come to love her and admire Kate as well!! Sally, she may be a fictional character but after watching her for so long it's probably going to take me and all the over fans a while to take the news in! So in that respect I'm sad, but Kate feels it's the right decision and that's the most important thing.

It's been a rumour for long time but I'm still really shocked! But as I said, if Kate is happy then i'm happy!!!

So basically, all I can say is all the very best to Kate with her future plans :D ...I have no doubt that she will be sucessfull in whatever she decides to do next.

I would just like to say that i have been watching Home and Away since the pilot episode and that Kate Ritchie has been my favourite from the very beginning. I was voting for Kate at every logie year, way before she became the "it" girl she has become today. I have always known what a great actress she was and am so happy that today 20 years later that the rest of Australia has seen it too.

Good luck and best wishes and much success for the future. Hope to see you conitinue at It takes two so i can atleast get my Kate fix even if its just a few weeks a year!

I have been watching Home & Away since the very first episode and Sally has been one of my favourites since then. I actually cried when i heard the news :( I know it sounds strange, but I feel like Sally is part of the family! The day she leaves the bay I will have a box of tissues handy :(

I wish Kate all the best in her future endevours. I hope to see her back in the bay someday.

I wonder if Ray decides that it is time for him to leave too?

He signed another 5 year contract a while ago but I guess if he really wanted to leave he could go before it runs out. There is the old saying that no one character is bigger than the show, but when the show in question has been going for nearly 20 years etc...it's weird to think of Home and Away without Sally. Home and Away without Sally and Alf is even weirder! Let's hope that Ray stays on for as long as he is happy :D.

My message is in the 'Bay news' page here. This is what I wrote :D ...

Lauren: As a huge Home and Away fan, I was shocked and happy at the same time to hear about Kate leaving. I wasn't even around when the show started, but I've seen her portray Sally for many many years and I can honestly say that I admire and respect her very much. Summer Bay will seem different without Sally, but I am so happy for Kate that she has made the decision to try new things and I wish her all the very best for her future plans. Kate, you are an amazing person with a beautiful personality and Sally will be missed on everyone's TV screens but we won't forget you! So all I can say is Kate, have a great time in whatever you next choose to do and enjoy life! Lots and lots of love...Lauren xxx

Really is happeing because I found a article on it on MSN live too. Sad that she's going, but Sally seems to be heading towards a big breakdown, could this have something to do with the big season finale? And if Sally goes then Pippa is gonna go wiuth nher (Unless Sally dies...), and where will Cassie/Ric go?

Ric is almost 20 and Cassie is 18. I'm sure they wouldn't need her to be around :lol: But still, it's sad and I wonder where everything will go from here.

People always said the show 'couldn't go on' without Flathead when he left, and the show survived. Hopefully it does with Sally. It's going to be really odd though without her there.

:(

It will be very interesting to see what direction the show takes with Sally's departure and following her departure. I'm guessing that the show will have to go through a MASSIVE makeover in order to survive her departure. Maybe they will do something like have the caravan park burn down or do something massive like that and take the show some new direction. Who knows.

I have just been really down and depressed all day. Personally I think that Sally IS Home and Away and I really jsut can't imagine the show without her. She adds such warmth and is just extremely likeable and I think we all would have loved for her to be there forever. Very sad news indeed. :(

With her final episode I would like to see it as some special event. How about a 30 minute interview with Kate Ritchie at 7pm reflecting on her 20 years on the show, followed by a 1 hour episode with her goodbye. That would really make a great tribute to her 20 years on the show.

Archived