Todd Lasance/Aden Jeffries

Guest Perry

I don't think spamming is going to help the situation, particularly since there are only two anti-Aden posts so far. It's not a war, it's just a difference of opinion, but if it was a war, spamming the two Aden threads (three if you remember the Gaden thread) would be like using a bomb to kill a flea... and once the other fleas hear about the overkill, they'll gather in a swarm and start biting. My advice, let it be and don't provoke unnecessary tension. Live and let live.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Jem.

This is not a competition, and we're already monitoring all the appreciation and depreciation threads for Aden and Belle here because some people still can't seem to get it in to their heads that quality is better than quantity when it comes to posts.

If someone doesn't like Aden or Belle or that pairing or any other character for that matter, they have the same right to that opinion as you have to a different opinion, as long as they're staying within the board rules; and the only thing that might come out of this for the people who make this a competition by spamming is that they might have their posts deleted, and they might be given a warning or other consequences for spamming. Respect other people's right to have a different opinion than you. Period.

i dont want to sound stupid, but i was just wondering what spamming actually means. i have looked at the rules but cant find what it means

i dont really know wether i am spamming or not, and if i am then i want to stop because its obviously not allowed.

so could someone tell me what it means so i dont upset anyone.

thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spamming basically means posting pointless posts. I'll make an attempt to explain by using an example (I suck at this :P) A and B are in this case two different people to make that clear, not Aden and Belle :P

A: Aden and Belle were really great last night, I liked the twist at the end of the episode.

B: Yeah, this storyline is really getting interesting.

A: I hope they don't ruin it by taking it too far though. That could easily happen.

B: I know what you mean, they're a good couple, but if they take this too far it might get ridiculous.

etc.

A: I just love Aden and Belle!

B: Me too!

A: I can't live without them!

B: I agree!

A: They're the best couple ever!

B: I just love them!

Basically the first conversation is actually a discussion, the second one is more like spam. Spam basically is when someone just posts a lot of pointless posts with the intention of posting just to say something rather than actually contributing to the discussion with thoughts, opinions and theories.

Does that make more sense?

Hope that helps, it wasn't the best explanation, I know :P:)

Spamming basically means posting pointless posts. I'll make an attempt to explain by using an example (I suck at this :P) A and B are in this case two different people to make that clear, not Aden and Belle :P

A: Aden and Belle were really great last night, I liked the twist at the end of the episode.

B: Yeah, this storyline is really getting interesting.

A: I hope they don't ruin it by taking it too far though. That could easily happen.

B: I know what you mean, they're a good couple, but if they take this too far it might get ridiculous.

etc.

A: I just love Aden and Belle!

B: Me too!

A: I can't live without them!

B: I agree!

A: They're the best couple ever!

B: I just love them!

Basically the first conversation is actually a discussion, the second one is more like spam. Spam basically is when someone just posts a lot of pointless posts with the intention of posting just to say something rather than actually contributing to the discussion with thoughts, opinions and theories.

Does that make more sense?

Hope that helps, it wasn't the best explanation, I know :P:)

thank you! that make sense

and i may have been doing a bit of that :blink: oops!

anyway no i know so i will get better

Yeah, i do get that everyone has the right to an opinion, i just kind of wish people accepted that people watch the show to enjoy it and Todd and Aden's storyline have helped a lot of people to do that. Anti-threads just don't make a lot of sense to me (i know i have posted in ones in the past but i still felt bad about it, lol).

I hope this isn't spamming i just feel like it has turned into a bit of a war over the last couple of hours and just wanted to get my point across that Todd has been doing a fantastic job and the writers have done brilliantly with Aden's storyline as they have obviously attracted a lot more fans by doing it but i guess if they're not to everyone's tastes then that's just bad for them.

Yeah, i do get that everyone has the right to an opinion, i just kind of wish people accepted that people watch the show to enjoy it and Todd and Aden's storyline have helped a lot of people to do that. Anti-threads just don't make a lot of sense to me (i know i have posted in ones in the past but i still felt bad about it, lol).

I hope this isn't spamming i just feel like it has turned into a bit of a war over the last couple of hours and just wanted to get my point across that Todd has been doing a fantastic job and the writers have done brilliantly with Aden's storyline as they have obviously attracted a lot more fans by doing it but i guess if they're not to everyone's tastes then that's just bad for them.

totaly agree!!!

EDIT: Following on from Eli's post about spam...

It means posting when you have nothing new to say, you're just repeating yourself or repeating what other people have said without any real point, you're just posting because you want to post. People used to do it a lot to get their own post count up because they saw it as a competition, which resulted in post counts being taken away, and nowadays people spam appreciation threads to prove that their chosen character or pairing is the best, but all it really proves is that you have nothing better to do and nothing to really discuss about the characters other than how hot they are, which isn't that interesting on it's own.

Spam also refers to people posting things that are completely off topic for the same reasons, they just like to hear themselves talk, or people posting random advertisements or inappropriate links/images/statements with no regard for the board, its rules or its members - those are deleted immediately.

What's going on here is a lot of people are getting over excited about Aden and Belle, and other people are getting really annoyed that their favourite characters aren't getting any attention from the writers because it seems that the Aden/Adelle fans are the most vocal, and perhaps the writers are sacrificing the equality of the cast and characters to pander to potential ratings. I personally think that Aden is an excellent character and he interests me a lot, but there are other characters I like that have been forgotten (Jai for example - I had to remind myself who he was after the Olympic break...) so I can see why people who aren't major fans would be getting frustrated. And when people are already frustrated, it really doesn't help to make the situation worse by acting like it's a competition and pushing the opposition to create an equally forceful backlash.

In short, no good can come of spamming these threads. What you think is showing love, other people think is shallow obsession because spammers don't give reasons for their devotion, they just say "omg he's so hot and they're so cute and lets not let anyone else say any different!" ... So then people who react against that kind of post make the mistake of thinking that the characters and the writing must be shallow if the majority of their fans behave like that, and it's not the case of either the characters OR the fans, but the posts make it seem that way because they're just pointless spam, getting numbers up for no reason...

Okay, so that wasn't as "in short" as I thought it would be, but hopefully it's cleared it up.

As a big fan of Aden, it really irritates me to see these threads full of spam because, for one thing, there's no chance of engaging in actual discussion about the character, and for another, I know how people will react to it, and it was only ever a matter of time before an anti thread sprung up. If it's going to be treated like a competition then the haters are going to come in full force and it's going to get really ugly really fast.

Once again, spam = badness. No good can come of it.

Don't worry, everyone can make mistakes, and I'm sure that now that you're aware of it, you will also think about when you post. Anyway we appreciate that people ask when they think the rules are a bit unclear; honest mistakes do happen :)

wrongturntaken, I can see what you mean, but at the same time, like I just said about a different matter in a different thread, it's not just black and white in these cases. Anti threads have at times been a problem, and sometimes I don't see the point, especially when the fans go and bitch about the anti-fans in the anti threads, and the anti-fans do the same in the appreciation threads, and personally I think maybe it's time we took a look at the whole system here, but that's a staff matter that we possibly should look in to.

However, as long as we have this system, people are, like you said, entitled to their opinion, and even if the Aden storyline might have been great and helpful and informative and all that to a lot of people, people are also allowed to look at the negative aspects of it and the sides of a character or a storyline they feel could have been handled better.

Even if I don't necessarily agree with all the things said in the anti threads and I feel that it was different or even opposite than that, I can also see where some of it is coming from, even if I strongly disagree.

:)

i really feel like discussing Aden now, lol (not because of the anti-thread before anyone says), it's just this thread hasn't really had as much posting as it has today for ages.

I was watching some old episode like from the 4500s and you can actually start to tell there's something wrong with Aden even before the article about his grandfather comes out in the paper, like the confrontation between Geoff and Aden, you finally start to see why he hates Geoff (the whole hypocrite thing) and then he has a go at Mattie and Drew about God when Irene tells Geoff and Annie has made it. I love watching those little bits of his now cos i know what's going to happen and they make more sense! It's really clever on the writer's part!

Ok i was too a tad unclear of what spamming was and maybe have been a culprit myself so for that i apologise!

To be honest i was shocked when i saw any anti threads on this forum coz i throughly enjoy HAA even if adelle has made it for me a bit better to watch i have been a fan of it for a long time and even tho i like some characters more than others i think everyone on home and away has been great and all of them add something to the show itself and at times when a character annoys i do feel like bitching about them but then who i am to bitch all the actors and actresses do a fantastic job and if anything we should bitch about the writers as they are the people who make these actors do what they do at the end of the day and some of them excel better than others at different story lines.

I think the writers are very brave with going with the whole abuse storylone as it is a very serious situation and unfortunalty does happen in real life but i hope that the way Todd has acted it out over the past few months that it will help people who are going through the same thing speak out and get the help they need!

sorry for the rant but i felt like i needed to get that of my chest!

I think i was a bit unsure as to what an anti-thread was, i thought they were to argue against the character as a whole but now im thinking that it's just to argue against the storylines. And if there are bits of the storylines that aren't working then i think it's probably good to have a place to put those thoughts out there but the name really confuses me... hey i may still be wrong! lol

(i still don't like it though, but that's just me, :P )

I don't watch HAA just for Aden but i just enjoy it more when he's on. the other plots are good too!

p.s. i am determined that this is going to be my last post with any mention of the anti thread as i have started to really annoy myself! lol

One more thing... i can't wait to see

Aden get out of the clinic and return to 'normal' life,

it's going to be awesome to see the other character's reactions and see how Todd plays it.

Archived