This Old Love

Guest KaitieL

whichever gets us a chapter quicker! :lol:

must be good if it goes on for 7+ pages though :D

loved the J&M kiss :wub:

with sam gone, they can live happily ever after with their baby.

all we have to do is get rid of Roman :ph34r:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so the next chapter is almost done. Problem is it's 7 pages in word and it's still not finished. Eek, I didn't realise it was so long. So I'm wondering whether to post it all as one, or split it into two. Are you peeps going to be bored if it's really long? Let me know, I'll probably get around to posting it tomorrow night.

7 pages :o And its not even finished yet!!??

Omg! lol, the most I've ever posted is 6, and I'm like the queen of rambling :P

I may have to step down though if yours is over 7 lol

Hmm, well, its your call really.

I'm up for anything :D

Ooo, BUT, if you split it, does that mean you'd post today? ^_^ hehe

Don't worry Rach, today is not the day you have to step down. I cut it. But you'll probably be mad at me for leaving it where I do. I like teasing you peeps. :P

So here it is. Enjoy.

Warning: Chapter contains language and adult themes.

Chapter 13

Martha wiped the glass dry and held it up in front of her making sure it was clean. It was they day after Alf's funeral and Martha was sick of sitting around the house, depressed. As it turned out, Alf had left the bar to Martha in his will, so she insisted on working a shift at Noah's, much to the protest of her family. But with Martha's stubbornness, she had won out in the end. So here she was, on a Saturday night, cleaning glasses and having some interesting conversations with the drunks. Not that she minded. It was just what she needed to take her mind off everything; especially after yesterday's events. If Martha thought that her life was complicated before; yesterday had only made things worse after her kiss with Jack. Not only had she been avoiding Jack, but Roman also. Lucky for her Roman didn’t think anything of it.

“Hey gorgeous,” a voice from behind her slurred. “Can I get another drink please?”

Martha turned around and faced the person. It was Larry, one of the regulars. “Don't you think you've had enough?” She asked.

He shook his head and hiccupped. “Nope.”

“Well I think you have,” Martha told him. “How about I call you a taxi? I think it's time you went home, ok?”

“No,” he shouted at her. “I said I wanted another drink, so give me one bitch.” He leaned over the counter and grabbed Martha's arm.

“Let go of me,” she screamed as she tried to wriggle out of his grip. Silence fell over the bar as bystanders stood still, staring. Martha was terrified; wasn't anyone going to help her?

“Not until I get my drink.” Larry tightened his grip on Martha's arm. Suddenly a pair of hands grabbed Larry from behind, causing him to lose his grip on Martha. Martha rubbed her arm and winced in pain. She looked up to see who had rescued her.

“Jack,” she whispered.

Jack pulled Larry up by his collar and shoved him against the wall. “The lady said you've had enough. Now I recommend you leave now before I arrest you. Understand?”

Larry nodded. “Yes Constable Holden.”

Once Jack had let go, Larry scurried off into the night. He turned to Martha. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah, just a little bit shaky,” she said. “Thanks”

“No problem. Maybe you should go get checked out,” he suggested.

“I'll be fine,” she fobbed off his suggestion.

“Well then if you really want to thank me, how about a beer?” he grinned.

“Sure,” she laughed as she pulled the bottle out of the fridge. Talking the lid off, she handed it to him.

“So about yesterday,” Jack started awkwardly.

Martha put her hand up to stop him. “I don't want to talk about it please. Let's just forget it ever happened.”

“Ok, but I really think...” Jack started.

“I said I don't want to talk about it,” Martha told him in a raised voice.

Jack put his hands up. “Ok, I'm sorry.” He took a sip of his beverage. “Anyway, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home resting?” He asked.

Martha rolled her eyes. “Please if I have one more person tell me what to do, I'll throttle them,” she threatened. “If you must know, Grandad left me this place. I'm not about to shirk my responsibilities now.”

Jack just stared at her. “You just wanted to escape everyone, didn't you?”

Martha glared at him; he knew her too well. “Maybe.”

Jack laughed. “You’re so predictable, Martha.”

“Whatever,” she mumbled. She was starting to get annoyed at him. Martha never put up with anyone's crap, but the pregnancy made her less tolerable. “Anyway, I have better things to do than sit around here all night and talk to you. I have tables to clean,” she announced, as she grabbed cloth.

“As long as you keep the drinks coming sweetheart, I don't care what you do,” Jack smirked as he watched her walk away.

Three hours later...

“Soo anyway, she left me,” Jack slurred to the man that was sitting next to him. “I think it's over.”

Martha giggled to herself as she watched Jack tell his life story to some stranger. The man quickly made some excuse and left Jack by himself. Jack hiccupped and slumped down on the bar. Martha felt a twinge of guilt. She had heard most of what had said and it sounded like he and Sam were having a rough time. Not that she was surprised; Martha didn't expect Sam to take yesterday's events well.

Martha walked over to Jack and tapped him on the shoulder. “Jack, we're closing up now. Do you need me to call Tony?” she asked.

Jack slowly pulled himself up and stared at her. “What?”

“I said, do you need me to call Tony?” she repeated.

Jack shook his head. “Nope, he's out of town. I guess I'll just walk home.”

“No you won't mister,” Martha wagged her index finger at him. “Just give me five minutes. I'm taking you home,” she ordered. Martha turned to Declan, the other barman on shift. “Do you think you could take it from here?” she asked.

“No problem,” he replied.

Martha retrieved her handbag and turned back to Jack. “Come on,” she grunted as she heaved him off the barstool. “Let's get you home.”

“But I don't wanna go home,” he whined. “I'm having fun. Can I have another beer please? Pretty please.”

Martha laughed. “We're closed and anyway you've already had too much to drink. You need to get home and get some sleep.”

Jack gave in. “Ok then, let's go.”

By the time they had reached Jack's house, he seemed to have sobered up a little, but was still drunk. Martha put his arm around her neck as he stumbled to the front door.

“Where's you keys?” she asked.

Jack shrugged. “I dunno.”

“Jack,” she said, slightly annoyed. “Well are they in your pocket?”

Jack proceeded to fumble around in his pockets. He came out empty handed. “Nope, must have forgotten them,” he giggled.

Martha sighed as she rolled her eyes; typical Jack. She pulled out her own set of keys and flicked through them until she found the one she was looking for. Placing it in the keyhole, she turned it and opened the door.

Jack looked at her. “How did you get that?”

“I never gave my key back,” she admitted. “Here, you can have it back,” she said as she started to pull it off the key ring.

Jack shook his head. “Keep it. You don't know when you might need it,” He told her.

Martha frowned as she watched him walk into the lounge room. “Jack I don't live here anymore.”

Jack didn't hear her. He walked over to the fridge and pulled out a beer. “Want one?” he offered.

“Jack, I'm pregnant. I can't drink,” she reminded him. ‘Anyway you've had enough. It's time you went to bed.” Martha took the beer out of his hands.

“Party pooper,” he pouted. “Fine, I'll go then,” he said as he took of his shirt.

Martha couldn't help but stare; he certainly had been keeping fit. What she wouldn't give to be back in his arms. Martha's face grew red at the realisation that she was having thoughts that she shouldn't be having.

“Like what you see?” Jack smirked as he walked over to her. “You want me don't you?” He grinned.

“What? No,” Martha protested. They were now standing face to face. Martha could feel Jack's warm breath on her face, sending a shiver down her back. Why was she kidding herself? Of course she wanted him.

They continued staring into each others eyes, until finally, it was Martha who broke. “I should go.”

Jack grabbed her arm before she could turn away. “Wait,” he said. “Don't leave please. Martha there's something I need to tell you. I need to get if off my chest.”

“Jack if this is about yesterday, I told you it's in the past. I don't want to talk about it,” she told him harshly.

Jack shook his head. "No, it's not that."

"Then what is it?" she asked.

"I uh," he stumbled. "Martha, I love you."

Next Chapter: Jack said those three little words, but does he really mean it? Or is it just the alcohol talking?

You bitch! How could you stop it there!! :P

Was that 7 pages long? :unsure: I hope not lol.

Please put the other chapter up Pleeeeease.

Everyone will love you forever if you put it up now! :P

Anyway.. I love Drunk jack, haha he was so funny at the bar, telling his whole life story to that stranger..

I wonder what Marthas gonna say to Jack.. i so reckon she should just say there :wub:

Oooo lala.. Jack and Martha up a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G first one up first one down now there humping on the ground.. :lol:

Lmao, that was so lame ayee.

But please put the other chapter up!

I'm back! *waves* Yay 4 chapters for me to read! :D

Martha and Roman are engaged. But he's scaring me a little. How is he going to react when he finds out about Jack and Martha's kiss? :unsure:

I can't believe Alf is dead! Poor Martha! :(

Sam can stay at her sister's. She doesn't have to come back!

Jack is funny when he's drunk! :lol:

He meant it when he said he loved her. Well, I hope so.

Why did you end it there? I don't like it when you're teasing us! <_<

More please.

Archived